Sentry Insurance Employee Reviews

Stressful
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 8, 2018
The most stressful place I have ever worked. The hours are long. The workload per adjuster is crazy. The adjuster salary looks great, until you realize the amount of hours and stress that go with it.
This is a company that fails to keep up with the times.
Commercial Lines Insurance
Commercial Lines Rating (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 4, 2018
Loved the job. Only reason I left this position was because I had an opportunity to work at Liberty Mutual. They were starting a new unit called the National Service Center. It intrigued my interest.
Chew you up and spit you out
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 31, 2018
Like any other corporate company - your just a number here and the company recently cut half the direct sales force. Company is going brokerage in the near future and check the CEO's past track record to confirm.
Pros
401k match employees
Cons
Management, future stability
professional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 31, 2018
would recommend Sentry Insurance Co. as a very good career opportunity. Compensation programs were not as competitive as needed to compete with other A+ rated Property Insurance Companies
Pros
professional environment
Cons
low compensation program
Enjoyed the job and people.
Corporate Representative/Remote (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 31, 2018
Very nice people to work for. Enjoyed the job and people. Management was fun gave out prizes for your work. Training all the time so you are unto date on all your work.
Worst Job Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 12, 2018
Former employee at sentry. The job itself is stressful taking over 120 calls a day and not being able to take a bathroom break or even step out for some fresh air, without some running behind you to tell you to get on the phones. The managers show favoritism and are racist. If your not one of their kind don’t expect for any advancement. They open positions for people of their kind. While others that’s been working their well over 10 years are still in a Customer Service ll positions. There’s no hope for a career a this place. It’s really just a job. They have ever changing policies everyday they expect you to remember with two and a half days of training. Your hours to work change everyday, you will not have no set schedule. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.
Pros
Compensation and Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks, Mangement, Micro Managed
Too much work
Sr. Workers' Compensation Claims (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2018
Great compensation package. Wonderful employees and excellent training, but ultimately too much work. Left because there was not enough work-life balance.
Pros
Nice compensation package
Cons
Too much work
Sr. Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAJune 21, 2018
Sentry Insurance was a great place to work! If they were still writing business in Massachusetts and had a claim office in Ma for Auto and injuries I would apply again!
Great experience
Insurance Agent Springfield Mo (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 14, 2018
Very stable company

Great benefits

Had great rates

Fun and friendly co workers

Lots of turnover in branch manager

Good spot for a self starter
Ok
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 6, 2018
It's ok. Not a positive environment and quite monotonous. I learned much about liability and insurance, but it was quite stressful. There were many things I did not agree with in making liability decisions...
fast paced
Unit claim manager (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAMay 11, 2018
daily work flow consistent of extensive computer and phone work. knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations required along with knowledge of mediation, arbitration and suits.
Fast Paced
RAPID CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE I (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 10, 2018
It's a very fast paced environment. Can be stressful at times but the culture is outstanding. Co-workers are fabulous. Really like my managers. Opportunities to advance is there.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Long hours sometimes.
Work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 8, 2018
Work is easy, mind numbing basic cleaning things. Nothing to hard about the job. Everything is easy, very independent based. Workplace culture is fine. Haven't learned much.
Great company to work for
Entry level position, starting as policy typist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2018
If Sentry had stayed in Atlanta, I would probably still be working for them (of course, my salary would have needed to be increased). They were the company that let me in the door for my career and I advanced from a document typist to a commercial lines rater within a year. It was very unfortunate that they decided to close the Atlanta headquarters.
Pros
Great placre to work
Cons
Very low salary
Okay
Product Support Processor (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILApril 25, 2018
This is an okay place to work. Benefits are good; culture is often stressful. Some managers are excellent, and others are not as good. Hours can sometimes interfere with life-work balance.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, Managers
A Competitive Internship with Invaluable Work Experience
Network Infrastructure Intern (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 24, 2018
My time spent on the Network Infrastructure Team at Sentry Insurance as an Intern was an experience that I do not believe exists outside of the fortune-500 world. An incredibly competitive experience, Sentry only accepts the best when considering possible employment. When not spent actively engaged and working alongside the Infrastructure team at Sentry, my time outside of work was spent studying for equivalent certifications while staying in my company-provided housing, free of charge. I have never worked harder in my life than I did to receive an offer to be on the Infrastructure team, and due to a change in circumstances, I was unable to accept their very generous salaried offer. One would be foolish to not consider working for this company as it is, without a doubt, one of the best companies in the world to work for. I have never met more driven and friendly employees while working with a company and have made friends that I know I will have for life because of Sentry Insurance. If you are one of the lucky few to be considered for a position at Sentry, do not hesitate to accept.
Pros
Multiple (olympic pool, 2 gyms, auto center, hair salon) facilities located in-office. Incredibly happy staff, strong sense of team commitment, and one constantly feels that they are making an impact while working for Sentry.
Cons
None.
Great Place to Work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Sentry. This was a company that if you wanted a stable job where you were able to expand your already included salary with commissions then you could. The harder you worked the more you saw results. This is a very transparent company that is willing to help you in any way. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to work for a great company with amazing benefits and a competitive product.
Pros
Company Car, Salary+Commission, great leadership, benefits
Cons
Long hours, hard work, plenty of driving
All Money and No Substance
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 22, 2018
The company throws money at you because the company knows that it is lacking in all other aspects of employment. There is no culture, and they make promises they cannot keep. They do not pride themselves in providing their employees a work/life balance.
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Do not recommend
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Direct, TXApril 19, 2018
Stressful, no job training, negative environment, unqualified managers. You are never told if you are doing a good job, but they will make sure it is known if ther is a mistake. Managers throw you under the bus and do not know how to do your or their job.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Never approve the PTO you have, 6 holidays, poor management and training
Professional
Auto Material Damage Investigator (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 17, 2018
Sentry Insurance is a professional environment they appreciate their employees, good benefits, calm work environment. Fair when numbers need to be met. Good people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentry Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight