Sentry Insurance Employee Reviews

Poor managemeny
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 22, 2019
Poor management, nepotism and favoritism to advance. Policies change constantly and you dont have a set schedule, even for lunches or brakes. Objectives and scoring unfair, usually managers have favorites, and it is like a microcosm of favoritism and. nepotism.
Pros
Cofee, pto, good work environment.
Cons
Manager. No hr on site.
competitive by doing the most per day claims a day.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2019
it was very fun and competitive atmosphere. worked daily claims and anything over that was just padding for under your belt. basically bragging rites
Pros
banter, golf outings
Cons
slightly stressful, heavy workload.
Never worked for Sentry Insurance, entry inserted in error
Reverse Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I have no relation with Sentry Insurance and never worked for them. This question/item mixup must be a software glitch. Sentry reference is in error, a mixup of information.
Toxic work environment
Business Products Associate (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 7, 2019
Unfortunately this is a really bad place to work unless you are white male. A typical day for myself and most of the people I knew involved being micromanaged and yelled at in front of co-workers. If your manager did not support you then you would not be promoted or even transferred to another department. Your education and work ethic does not matter here.
Only Claims office in this area
Property & Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working there and learned a lot but there was no training and it was sink or swim. My last Supervisor was very gout the pay was not very good for the industry
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Poor pay scale
managers non caring
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 27, 2018
company trains well, but job environment is not productive. Do not get employee input in decisions. hours are not planned as they should be and the supervisors are not people oriented.
Remote Work
Senior Managing Consultant- IH and Safety (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NC, 28210December 20, 2018
My job required extensive travel that involved overnight stays. For the most part, remote employees can become invisible to the company. OK if you like to work alone.
Pros
Car and gas card
Cons
Extensive travel
pleasant place to work for most part
Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Westford, MADecember 15, 2018
work load was good
hardest part of the job was dealing with customers because it was claims no customers is spoken to when they have not had a loss of some kind.

the most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with
Pros
good people
Cons
company left the state
Order taker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 1, 2018
Responsible for inbound non-standard auto and motorcycle insurance. At the time of interview was promised a regular Monday thru Friday schedule with an occasional Saturday but found out after training that there would be no weekends off. Everyone is scheduled to work Saturday. You might get one weekend off every four to five weeks. Management has their favorites which are internal transfers from customer service because the position is more customer service ordering taking.There's no work life balance and enforce work place professionalism and boundaries.
Pros
covered parking and benefits start immediately
Cons
no culture
Close friendships with managers and their peers which results in favoritism and targeting
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILNovember 28, 2018
Managers aren't subtle about favoritism due to close friendships with those that report to them. This leads to targeting and picking apart everything you do. Supposed to work as team but a lot of backstabbing
Pros
Good benefits, like to have fun like food days and outings, good incentives and bonuses, casual dress
Cons
Favoritism, targeting, team environment but many out for themselves amd will throw you under the bus quickly
Not satisfied with RMS
Lead Curative Team Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2018
Not what I expected at all. Promised learning opportunities and room for growth for years. I have yet to see either. I honestly believe that management is holding me as the key player in his department
Cons
RMS does not promote within... No growth
Heavy claim loads
Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 8, 2018
Heavy claim loads, high expectations from management. Managers socialize during work time when they could be assisting their employees to train better.
Manager was very hands on and always willing to help
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2018
It was a sales job so there really was no typical day. We had appointments that we set up and cold calls that we made for the purpose of setting up appointments. Our manager often went out on calls with us for teaching purposes as well as helping us presenting the product and hopefully selling it
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILOctober 24, 2018
The training you get is ridiculous! I was promised extra training and extra help over and over but instead of getting help I got fired. Walked out after working most of the day. Treated like a criminal. I wasn't even allowed to grab any of my belonging's on my desk! In all my life I have never been let go of a job! I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
It all sucked!!!
Cons
Management and their lies...
Your experience with the company is directly related to the manager and director you report to.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 20, 2018
Working for Sentry can be great, if you have good management support. Sadly, not all managers meet this level of expectation. Sentry HR will sadly always stand behind management which allows managers who are able to say the right things make an awful work environment for individuals not liked by the manager.
Overall nice place
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 2, 2018
Its a good place to work if all you have is to go to work. For me the training was not that great, the schedule is only consistent for 2 weeks then changes are made. During my interview process I was told that they would work with my school schedule but when I started school they gave me trouble with it and also reduced my hours. I liked the pay but the location, training, and non flexibility is was drove me away.
Hard place to work as an entry level position
Associate Software Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WISeptember 22, 2018
Spent most of my days testing and analyzing documents and programs. Writing up documents for the business and programmers to review. The workplace culture is a mix of laid back and serious from the switching of the CEO's and you can tell between management.
High school drama workplace
Licensed Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 24, 2018
Treated as high school students due to two people committing an illegal act. Instead of firing them, an entire department was punished and one person that admitted to committing this illegal act was promoted.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, serious stress, comical HR department
Sentry Insurance
Corporate Communications & Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 21, 2018
An average corporate environment at Sentry Insurance, and that is really all I have to say about this company, as this system forces a 150 character count.
Not on the top companies level.
Claims Representative I (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 17, 2018
Compensation and benefits are great. Management does not offer much help for struggling associates. Paid training at headquarters in Wisconsin. Great headquarters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentry Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight