Sentry Employee Reviews

A typical workday
Auto damage appraiser (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 10, 2019
A typical workday consisted of receiving assignments over the telephone from a dispatcher In Massachusetts mailed in completed appraisals answered questions from supervisor regarding appraisals negotiated with body shops changed appraisals to accommodate best practices of company, to complete repair
fast growing company
TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2017
work a few hours a day at very fast pace. schedule changes day to day, hour to hour.
quick turn around times between cases.
great company benefits.
no room for any errors.
very demanding surgeons.
Pros
short work days
Cons
management
It was ok, but looking for full time work, not part time
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WINovember 8, 2017
The Sentry store is no longer in operation. It was bought out by a large chain. I was only part time and wanted full time work. I worked in the Bakery and the Bakery manager was not a good role model or teacher.
Trust
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 2, 2017
I had trust issues with young, inexperienced management. If you are a young person, perhaps you would not have issues as I did. Best of luck to you!!
High Demand Environment
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 2, 2017
This company does a great job at offering plenty of training to it's employees, however, there is a great demand placed on the amount of tasks one must undertake to complete a claim. There are lists for everything and after a while, this becomes tedious.
Pros
Training
Cons
phone calls and angry customers
disrespectful and troubling
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Delafield, WIJune 8, 2017
I had worked there for about 4 months and had a few call ins, all excused by a doctor. I was fired after explaining that i needed mental health treatment because of "too many call ins". However they didn't plan on firing me until i told them i needed help for personal betterment. I ended up jobless and unable to pay for my treatment. They had acted very rude and thought very unrealistically. I would never recommend that job to a friend.
Pros
lunch breaks
production
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  stone mnt gaJune 8, 2016
it was nice company to work for pay was good and hour was too the managers were very nice and coworkers was very easy too get alone with i really liked it there
Management Needs Improvement
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAApril 11, 2016
There's no structure here (Covenant Enforcement side). There is too much negative energy, laziness and kissing up with the staff. This is a place for gossip and complaining.
Pros
Pay check timely
what a regret.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shasta Lake, CAMarch 10, 2016
this business was very unappreciative. I had to as for every break. I had to do my duties 3 different ways for three different managers.
When Sentry was owned by the Brush Family it was a great place to work!
Sr. Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Sentry was a family owned business with a High Performance Mindset. We were empowered to make decisions that were right for the company and our customers. They were great people to work with and I will truly miss this company.
Awesome skills learned with Sentry
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 23, 2015
No drama
get in
work
get paid
Management worked with you to be the best that you could be
There was no drama in the work environment
we all got along very well management tried to involve themselves as much as they could.
Great work ethics from everyone, never had any issues
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79761July 27, 2015
This job had days that required a lot of hours, but there wasn't ever an issue with home life/ work balance. If they were hiring again when the oilfield picks up I would definitely like to go back.
productive work place
Receptionist and/or Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 19, 2015
management was always fair, my co-workers were very helpful when needed. enjoyed working with and meeting new people on a daily basis
productive and fun work place and meeting people from different culture
Event Security (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 25, 2014
It is very hectic when there is a lot of people especially on game days.I have learned about different cultures. It have a busy management, who are very hard working. They are also understanding and supportive, and never too busy to resolve difficult situations.With my co-worker we work as a team, and always on time. The hardest part of the job is to control the crowd, and the most enjoyable part of the job is to put a smile on everyone faces.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short break
Review Summary
Dairy/ Frozen Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 15, 2014
I arrived at 7.00 a.m. unless asked to open store at 6.00 a.m. Then depending on the day I would do a milk inventory or an adjustment for the next milk delivery. I would also have to order an ice cream load Wednesday morning. I would order the dairy and frozen loads Saturday and Tuesday and stock the loads Monday and Thursday, if time allowed, otherwise the frozen load was stocked Friday mornings per . Milk loads were stocked Mon. Wed & Fri. mornings. Sometimes on a Saturday morning I was asked to order the grocery department. I also would straighten and face the dairy department on Tuesdays and weekends. I would try to face frozen foods on Sunday. Mondays, the store would also donate outdated or damaged products to the local food pantry. Tuesdays were also the day when the Crystal Farms order was called in, and was stocked Wednesday morning. Frozen food cases were defrosted during the week, or weekend depending if help was available. The milk case was cleaned every Sunday by myself or others on my weekends off. I would also do my overstock on Saturdays and Tuesdays. I learned how to take inventories and order milk off the computer. I also learned how to cashier at this store without any training. I also learned more about the operations of refrigeration cases and the repairs of such. The management of the store was family owned, and seemed at times worried about their sporting activities and other social activities than the store operation. I was constantly asked to work for my boss because his kids were involved in soccer, volleyball, or some other tournament, which seemed  more... to happen every weekend at times. Also, family members were brought in to replace other family members who were fired or quit. family members were also given preference to weekends off and received higher pay than other workers who had been at the store for many years longer. I got along with most of my co-workers. Some were dedicated to the store, while others were just there for a paycheck.
The hardest part of the job was the constantly defrosting of the freezer cases, which seemed to freeze up again right after they were done. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the milk order and getting it right.
Pros
Close to home, work hours, smaller store, older customers, co-workers
Cons
outdated equipment, nepotism, changes in truck deliveries.
security gaurd
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2014
I am good in customer service. I work graveyard shifts. I make 8.50 an hour.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breakes
Productivity
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, VAJanuary 6, 2014
Customers friendly and pleasing them. Enjoying making different subs and the customer loving them. Keeping stock in and ready for the customers. Everyone doing their work and more. When the big boss visit they are happy and leave happy knowing their store is well operated and in control.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
No benefits
Fun and teamwork
Blow Mold Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 11, 2013
Fun and always ready to work i learned a lot working with the Sentry Group and the supervisor are fun and always smiling and my co-workers believe in team work and everybody carry there load its really not a hard part of my job...
Pros
Benfits
Cons
nothing
Great place to work, with excellent employer
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Concordville, PAMay 13, 2013
Working here has given me experience that I need to move forward into another job.
Airman
Sentry (Former Employee) –  Glendale ArizonaApril 16, 2013
The Airforce as just outstanding!
9-5 most days and the stress levels where so low as to not be noticed.