Sephora Employee Reviews

Found 2,062 reviews matching the search See all 2,956 reviews
makeup lovers
Color consultant (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 22, 2018
Fun place to work and play with makeup. Brands do come in and train you on products so your knowledge can grow. Depending on location of where you work is how successful they will help you become. Some management can give you the cold sholder for leaving their store because it messes with their turn over rate.
My favorite place to work ever.
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 22, 2018
I love working at Sephora. Makeup is my passion, and Sephora really provides a great environment for me to grow in my makeup career. I love the people I work with, the work-life balance is great, and the pay is great.
productive and fun
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 22, 2018
very fast paced and if you love makeup and know about makeup then it is a good side job to have. It gets very busy at times and it can be a bit stressful and challenging.
I loved my job at Sephora
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 21, 2018
Sephora opened a lot of other doors for me within JCPenney. I learned a lot. Lots of training provided with every position in the company. Management was always so professional when treating associates on the sales floor. It’s a good company.
Beautys Best
Beauty Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 19, 2018
Like with most workplaces the vibe depends on management. Under the right management there is support, positive motivation, and a great customer centered environment. Under other management there can be high stress, rudeness, and severe isolation. Overall if you find a location with a great management staff you will have a great time at work.
Pros
gratis, discount, customer focused
Cons
stressful, negative management
Fun
Sales Associate Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at sephora. It was an educating and exciting experience. I enjoyed interacting with the vast variety of customers and my coworkers were nice as well.
Sephora
Cosmetic Artist/specialist (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 18, 2018
Great company to work for, great values and actually stands by them. I really enjoyed working at my location too, the entire cast there got along for the most part and there wasn't really any cliques to worry about interfering with your job.
Exciting, fast pace workplace with people that have the same taste.
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, IN 46545October 18, 2018
I love working at sephora for the most part since im surrounded by things i love but my hours are cut super short. I also get to meet new people everyday plus see regular clients that come in and remember why they came in the first place and help them find the product again.
Pros
Meeting new people, discounts
Cons
Not enough hours if you're not managment
productive
CASHWRAP COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2018
A super fun place to make clients feel both internally and externally beautiful. Opportunity to grow with hard work ethic, persistence and determination.
Fun place to work.
Cashier-> Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2018
I worked at Sephora for almost 2 years. I really enjoyed what I did. I worked hard to go from seasonal to part time. And then never made any progress. I never got full time, and I never got any benefits. You get free makeup and skin care and hair care etc, but I needed insurance and was never able to receive it although I consistently asked for more hours. I also found another job and changed my availability and they did not honor it. I had to quit.
mindless retail robots
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 16, 2018
Managers are scared to have corrective conversations with employees. Favoritism is evident in hiring and promotion choices. Salary doesn't match crazy requirements and new standards for employees.
Fun Place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2018
Working at sephora you lean a lot about culture people.Fun place to work at cast become close friends.during christmas is super busy fast paste.god benefits.
N/a
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 16, 2018
If you are a lover of make up the environment will be amazing for you. Get the opportunity to help all different types of people on a regular day basis. MY team was amazing there was never any drama between us.
Fun atmosphere, free products, discount
Makeup Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 15, 2018
Sephora underpays staff but is a fun place to work. Getting free products and a discount is awesome too. Very political and dramatic atmosphere at times.
Pros
Free Products, Room to Grow, Discount
Cons
Low pay, No set schedules
Fun and colorful place
Product Consultant/ Certified Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 15, 2018
Friendly and fun environment flexible schedule. You can still attend school and have a social life flus you get educated on the brands and new products every month
Good Learning Experience
Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJOctober 15, 2018
Sephora offered plenty of training which enabled each employee to move forward with the company, and the company encouraged us to do so. The company encouraged us to meet company goals.
Fun place to work
Skin Care Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 14, 2018
No stress, fun place to work. Loved they stayed focused on newness and training , loved the gratis and wearing the costume .. Sephora is way better than ulta
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Not great pay
Event Coordinator / Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
Horrible experience. Managers were angry because this was all they had to look forward to. Pay was horrible unless you can pay your rent in mascara. I would NEVER work at Sephora again.
Pros
Free make up and Skincare
Cons
Everything else
A Sparkly Dead End Job- Operations Consultant SiJCP
Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 11, 2018
It's a retail job with a lot of requirements and low pay. You ARE required to wear a full face every single day and the brands must be ones Sephora carries. There is an additional page of requirements for your appearance. Although there aren't many, if you are approached by a rude, out of control, customer, you will get in trouble for defending yourself. Management openly displays their prejudices towards the clientele and other workers. JCPenney pushes credit incredibly hard and you will have to attend meetings if you don't get people to apply. I think it would be a better part time job because full time is only 35 hours (max) and your schedule will make it hard to have a life outside of the store. Employee discount is 40% off Sephora Collection and 20% off actual name brand stuff. There is no path for advancement. The highest you go is a store manager and the ones that are in place have been there for 10+ years so those positions don't come open often. It is very much a self teaching, self reliant position where it is necessary to stand up for yourself.

The good:
you get gratis (free product) once a month
you can mostly do what you want with your schedule
once you're hired and there for a month or two it can be really relaxed

Bad:
VERY poor management
Oversharing of personal information from management about themselves and your coworkers (and yes your business will be shared too if you tell it)
LOW pay ($14.25 max for operations)
No advancement
They will absolutely work you to death so that the store manager and beauty manager have the schedule they want
You
  more... are not hands on trained. An ipad and the back room is what you get and you probably won't get to finish it all.  less
Pros
*you can call out pretty much anytime without any consequence
Cons
hard to get anyone to cover your shift, 35 hours max, low pay, poor culture, no advancement
At first you’re excited for the opportunity then reality sets in.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 11, 2018
Working there could be the best or worst experience depending on the location. Pop in and visit your local store to experience the team. Management hiring needs to be changed on corporates end.
Pros
Can be fun environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight