Sephora Employee Reviews

Great experience for a first time
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 18, 2018
Its a great place if you want to get your foot in the door of the makeup world. The hours are not guaranteed though and your schedule week to week changes all the time. You can request days off through an app but you have to write down specific reasons and it can be denied sort of don't like that part but it was a great experience and the girls were all nice and helpful.
Extremely positive workplace with room for growth
PRODUCT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 18, 2018
Sephora is an amazing company to work for. Management is very supportive and flexible as I am a student as well. Gratis (complimentary products) are a huge plus. There's a monthly opportunity to bonus as a sales team.
Pros
Gratis, Management, Quick-paced
Cons
Flexible hours but not many due to part time position
Cool Job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2018
Can't complain it's like most places, it has its pluses and minuses. I was able to learn a lot and grow. They also put a lot into the training the employees.
productive and demanding
Beauty Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAMay 15, 2018
So much is ask to do with little tool or support, you are pull from different direction, from jcp side and sephora side. Pay is not enough and raises are pennys.
Pros
team
Cons
work life balance
Great place to work, learn and grow
Education Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2018
Sephora is a great company to work for. They believe in great client service and the importance of educating clients about their perfect beauty routine, product knowledge and how to apply the products. I’ve had an amazing career experience with Sephora. Lots of high elevated trainings and great client service skills.
Pros
Gratis, great beauty/product knowledge trainings
Cons
Salary, hours and bonus
Awesome place to work
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Sephora. I learned a lot about customer service and product knowledge. Had a fun time communicating with clients and giving makeovers. Treated employees very well. And loved our compensation for a great work month! We were rewarded with gratis when we made good sales.
Pros
Gratis, employee discount, and great atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Cleaning the store at night by yourself when your the closer.
Education is amazing, job advancement not so much
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 14, 2018
Any time I asked about moving upwards within my store or even my district, I was answered with "you're not ready" and never given the proper tools/training to be prepared for those elevated roles. Work life balance is practically non-existent. Also the pay could be significantly improved, as I lived below the poverty line and my boss was not very flexible with me getting a second job part time. Education is very much present, videos are watched every day and brand reps are there weekly. Also had the opportunity to be sent to several brand trainings. I never felt that my job was in jeopardy, although many co-workers were given advancements in their positions while I did not receive those opportunities, even though I most definitely had the qualifications and experience.
Apply only if...
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2018
You're fresh out of Cosmo school & in need of work/ beauty experience.
Don't expect to move up at all & good luck with finding a good management team! If you're an established makeup artist with years of experience & artistry don't apply. You will waste your time trying to move up when it will never happen! Worst of all Sephora pay is so low compared to other makeup companies.
If you're full time be ready to be living at your job, & if you're part-time be ready to be worked full time hours with no benefits!
Cons
Management, pay, hours
This company is a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 14, 2018
I loved working with the clients helping them to find cosmetics to help them look and feel great. I learned everyone is beautiful and we all must do our part to help others feel and look their best. The hardest part was trying to deter the shop lifters and still help those who are truly shoping
Pros
Gratis, benefits if your full time great pay
Cons
Huge crowds not enough employees
Take advantage of talent
Inventory Control Specialist/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 12, 2018
Great company, and wonderful environment on the warehouse level. Very difficult to advance, primarily due to favoritism, and the inability to recognize, foster, or encourage talent. They would rather hire mid-level management from outside of the company, than promote talented individuals from within.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Inconsistent
Amazing and FUN!!!!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAMay 11, 2018
If you love this industry you will love this job! Not for someone who does not want to be a team player. We are 100% a team here at Sephora. Everyone feels welcomed and loved once you're in the family
Pros
great experience
Cons
short breaks
Great place to learn
Cashier, Makeup consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 10, 2018
If being a makeup Artist is a passion or just beauty in general it's a great place to work. The staff were friendly, helpful and made me feel welcome. You gain a lot of experience while getting the satisfaction of helping others.
Do not do it
Blank (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDMay 10, 2018
If your looking for a full time job not the place ! You do not get 80 hours they shut down early and send you home Too many Human resource people for employees . They staff people in the wrong areas lack of work a lot you average about 72 to 75 hours instead of 80 hours like you are hired for ! Just save yourself the trouble many other companies near by that pay better and provide you a full time job
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not a full time job lack of work more days
Free products
Make-Up Advisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 10, 2018
Fun environment for only part time employment. The full time employees that weren't management are pretty miserable. The pay isn't great, but the discount and gratis make it worth it.
Pros
Free products, makeup discounts, friendly co-workers
Cons
mentally draining, under appreciated, barely ever get a raise.
great company culture
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
although, its retail. its the fun kind of retail. eso if you love working with people and makeup. management could be better. hardest part of the job are the retail hours.
Pros
gratis
Shoppers beware.
Skin Care Expert (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 8, 2018
If you love shopping here, do not work here. It can turn you off to the whole thing. Some stores, management are amazing and you love going to work everyday. If you get stuck in a bad store, you'll never shop there again. Make sure you like the vibe of the PEOPLE before you try to work there because you love the store.
Great place to work at
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2018
Great place to work at. Sephora is all about educating and promoting cast members. Offers flexible hours and good benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is make up ;)
Great place to work!
Skincare/Makeup Consultant (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLMay 8, 2018
I loved working for Sephora. The training, education and management were excellent. It was a fun, exciting environment.
I learned so much, not only product knowledge and training (free products!) but I learned excellent customer service!
Growth
Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2018
I had such a fun timing selling and training with the staff and the clients. I learned so much about myself and what I could do to grow as a makeup artist.
Pros
Free makeup
Cons
Not enough hours.
Fun workplace
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
Great place to work especially if you want to be a makeup artist. The only thing is it takes a while for you to move on in your career there but other than that friendly people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight