Sephora Employee Reviews

Found 2,262 reviews matching the search See all 3,251 reviews
Nice and Easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2019
If you like makeup and you like talking to people, this is the place for you. It was busy, it was hectic, but still a job that wasn't impossible to do. Management was easy to talk to and co-workers were great to get along with.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Great skill building
MAKE UP CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 19, 2019
I’ve been at Sephora for five years now, and although I love my job, the benefits of working there (or any retail for that matter,) are very minimal. My raises are pretty low, and my hours are extremely flunctuating, which makes it hard to plan ahead for any events or even for paying bills each month. Although I love my job, I can no longer afford to work there.
Pros
Free makeup. Flexible hours.
Cons
Low pay, small amount of benefits.
Fun Place to Work at
Beauty Adviser (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 19, 2019
I love working for Sephora because we are truly the beauty experts. We are on top of training every week, and keeping up with the all beauty trends. Managers vary at each store but if you communicate your goals, schedule and questions to them, they work to help make the job as enjoyable as possible.
I work part time, mostly weekends and I have a full time job during the week. My Coworkers make coming into work on the weekends fun and not like a chore. They are truly the best part of the job.
Pros
Free Makeup, Flexible Schedule, Good Environment
Cons
Uniform is Uncomfortable
Great place to work if you are looking to work part time.
Makeup Advisor (Color Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 19, 2019
I have honestly enjoyed my experience with the company. If you are looking to grow within the company, you many want to consider a second job until an opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Management works with your personal schedule
Cons
Part time will not receive enough time to make a living
Professional work culture
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 18, 2019
I've worked quite a few retail jobs and this one is one of my favorites. I had a really great management team, they really helped coach, and it is a very high energy place to work.
Strong values that hold true to company
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2019
Sephora is a company with strong core values that create a great workplace culture. Work is fun and productive. It is ever changing and pushes leaders and advisors to think differently to succeed.
PT Sales team
P/T Sales - Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 17, 2019
Great opportunity to learn about the industry and products. Work/Life balance is important as well as meeting sales goals and helping customers. Hardest part of Job was learning all the products - but this was also the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
benefits and growth
Cons
hours and sometimes management
Contractors Contractors and more Contractors
Enterprise Architecture Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2019
Sephora corporate offices are about 65% contractors. There is no onboarding for contractors, you are dropped into the position and you have to be assertive enough to ask and find your own way and answers. I have a GREAT managers. but she is in back to back meetings and will make time to meet me after work hours, but really has zero time during the day. Other contractors have felt siloed and on their own too.
Pros
Contractors are paid well, sometimes better than fulltime Sephora employees
Cons
No benefits and little direction
Temporada únicamente
Chiping, packing (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2019
Buena empresa ambiente laboral bueno, en temporada únicamente encuentras una estabilidad laboral
Night Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2019
Though this was a temporary job, it was one that was quite interesting. Learning about makeup and skin care products had its advantage. Creating a clean working environment for customers and staff was a rewarding factor and learning the overall development of products and the way operations were ran,
Overall fun and fast paced environment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 12, 2019
I overall had fun working for the company and highly excited to learning about new products specially skin care products. I would say though that some of the coworkers were a bit stuck up and territorial. Even though I was a new employee there they should of been more nicer and eager to share knowledge. I wish I had the opportunity to work there longer and grow within the company and see how far I can go specially within the skincare department.
Pros
It was an overall fun place for me to work. I got very excited to learn and help others
Cons
The coworkers were a bit stuck up and territorial.
fun place to work
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 11, 2019
I always loved working at Sephora. Some people were great and you got to try the makeup and got gratis. on the down side it took 4 years to move worlds, I was in cash wrap and moved to color as a makeup artist. at the south coast location it can get very 'cliquey' and dramatic with the people working there. there's lots of manager rotation at this location so you can get forgotten. when people quit they go in groups and when management gets desperate that's when they talk about advancement or when you threaten to quit.
Pros
free makeup, know the latest trends, practice makeup skills
Cons
management, advancement, low pay
Creative, Enriching, and Fun Work Environment that Allowed Me to Grow
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMarch 11, 2019
Sephora was hands down the most wonderful company I have worked for. I began addled with a ton of anxiety. Not about the work itself, per say, but about myself. In the nine month I spent working at Sephora, I truly felt I blossomed, and as cliched as it may sound, I found myself. The bond I was able to develop with clients was outstanding, and within the first month, I found myself confidently bringing back in clients who were first-time makeup users when they came in. My product knowledge grew quickly and immensely, as our small, tight-nit team always made sure to keep all consultants in the know about all products, old and new alike. I was able to confidently begin providing tailored suggestions to clients and giving beneficial add-ons to almost every purchase. With every job, however, there will always be difficulties. While not absolutely detrimental to employment status, all employees are pushed to receive at least two credit applications from customers each week for JC Penney. I personally struggled a bit with this, however it did not hinder me from providing excellent customer service to my clients. The only true difficulty I had while working here actually had nothing to do with the work itself. It was simply that at my location, there were only part time positions available with essentially no chance of getting moved to full time hours or being promoted. I loved working at Sephora with all my heart, and would have loved to had made a career out of working there. Unfortunately at my location and at this particular stage in my life, I could not maintain my lifestyle while  more... only working part time continuously.  less
Pros
Creative and caring work environment, flexible scheduling adjustments, always positive and upbeat
Cons
only part time availability
Good Company to work for
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2019
- Good Company to work for.
- Good incentives.
- Closer to BART station, so its easily accessible in downtown San Francisco.
- Good people to work with,
How company is at the moment
Sales Associate/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMarch 9, 2019
Great company to work for but new management and company is shifting in direction. As of recently our hours have been cut drastically and our pay has never been fair.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, hours
Didnt like it
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Perryman, MDMarch 8, 2019
Management sucks definitely very boring place to work and they like to play the blamr game there money could be way better people are nice there though
Pros
N/a
Cons
Money, workload
Elevation is Challenging
Skincare Expert (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NY 14225March 8, 2019
I have worked for the company for over 4yrs and hoped that it would propel me to a career in this industry that I love so much. Due to reorganization that did not happen.
A nice part time job with the right team.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 7, 2019
Upon leaving Sephora within JC Penney I am more aware than ever of scandal within the work enviroment. Perhaps the freestanding Sephora is more professional and better trained on how to train new employees.
Pros
Helping women feel confident
Cons
Pressure from corperate and scandals amongst coworkers
Lots of Training
Skincare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2019
Sephora was a very sales driven job opportunity. The management wasn't so much fair when it came to the new hires. I learned a lot about the science behind skin and makeup. The training is also very helpful being you get to be a lot more hands on with the products offered.
Very stressful and only hire people when it is a busy season
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 6, 2019
The warehouse I worked at ALWAYS hire people, they are ALWAYS hiring. I decided to work with them and they have the most impossible goals per hour. It's inhumane. They also pressure you A LOT. And once you pass the goal they expect EVEN MORE NUMBERS. Oh, and employees would steal your numbers if you don't keep them with you at all times.
Pros
Great break time
Cons
Lots of pressure, unfair employees, numbers will be stolen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.1K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight