Sephora Employee Reviews

Found 2,149 reviews matching the search See all 3,081 reviews
Great place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 15, 2018
All employees are very friendly, managers are great. Flexible hours and a good hourly rate. Would definitely refer a friend. ..........................
Productive, Fun
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJDecember 13, 2018
My coworkers were the most lovely people that I have ever met in my life. Theyre all so generous, caring and educating. Working at sephora, theres a requirement to have a good amount of product knowledge. I knew a handful of things so I always went to them for help, and everytime, everyday, every shift.. I left with new information from them. Its a constant learning environment there.
Great opportunity
BEAUTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sturbridge, MADecember 13, 2018
Sephora is an amazing company with strong corporate culture and leadership opportunities. Lots of continuing education and training. Fun and exciting.
Sephora Inside JCPenney
Beauty Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2018
My position specifically worked inside JCPenney and I believe is entirely different from working for Freestanding Sephora. JCPenney's culture is completely different from Sephora's. Not at all focused on beauty, but really only cares about numbers.
productive and fun work space
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 11, 2018
Management was very helpful and educational with all the color and skincare products. I loved working with all of my team on a daily basis. Really great opportunity.
Pros
gratis
Cons
break room is very small
Fast-paced, client-service oriented.
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 9, 2018
Sephora lives by amazing values. They are committed to cast development and have a variety of growth opportunities for each individual career path. Whether your passion involves leadership, or artistry, there's a path for you.
Pros
Ongoing education.
Cons
Quick turnover.
Sephora
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 9, 2018
I have heard other Sephora's are great to work out but the one I worked at wasn't the best. The work Life Balance isn't best. Sephora is great at education.
Fun trendy job
Beauty Consultant/ Make-Up Artist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 8, 2018
Great products, hands on training, great job for starting and building your makeup artistry. Not everyone gets to do makeup applications, but it’s a good environment learn in.
Pros
Discounts, free products
Cons
Favoritism
good place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDDecember 8, 2018
You have to tell yourself it's warehouse work not like other jobs, your trying to fill orders and get them out as soon as possible. Little to no ventilation
Pros
pay
Cons
long hrs
I'm just here to work
No work experience (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2018
Probably the most hardest part of the job is working all those hours because it's going to be my first job but I'm willing to learn everything I need to know
Its great
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2018
Great place to work. Im being forced to write this by indeed so Im just trying to reach the minimum character count. If I wanted to rate them I would've done so on my own
Review
Stage Experience Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2018
No work life balance and low compensation for the job that is done on a daily basis. Slow advancement and development. ....................................
To each there own
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2018
The quota can be reachable but at times hard too maintain. Management shows favoritism & trys too justify themselves in any way they can. The point system in their attandce is way too strict Being 1 min. late is unacceptable too the higher ups. moving up can be hard or d**n near impossible if you're not what they're looking for. The PTO is only available for fulltime workers & if you miss a day just say bye bye too that PTO.They do almost nothing to make it cool in the summer & warm in the winter. Security can be a hassle if you don't listen or follow their instructions or code of conduct. All of this is nothing if you don't survive long enough too get hired on.
Pros
Some of the benefits, the pay
Cons
management, holiday peak season, life/work balance
Fun work place poor management
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 5, 2018
I started as a seasonal part time employee then became a permanent part time employee, once I became full time I realized the 8 to 9 hour shift on my feet was torture, and I went back down to part time. I worked as a color consulant for 5+ years with no real “growth” in the company. Was offer a more advance position with no pay increase. That’s when I knew this job wasnt for me. However, if your a new makeup artist and you would like to better your craft this is the place for you to learn how to do makeup working as a color consulant . I learn sooooo much about different brands , and makeup application. I went from only knowing how to apply my makeup to knowing how to apply everyone’s makeup like a pro.
Pros
Receive discount on products, receive free makeup skincare and fragrance, good health insurance
Cons
Long hours on you feet, poor management team, no to very little advancement
Skin Care Cast Member (Former Employee) –  lonDecember 2, 2018
I enjoyed the learning process that Sephora provided. We all worked as a team to meet our sales goals. n/a
Productive and fun!
Seasonal Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 1, 2018
There are always new people to talk to and the environment is very friendly and fun! This job was always fun to work and the other employees were very upbeat and friendly.
Pros
Environment, benefits, flexibility
Sephora and JCP do not match.
Beauty Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2018
Sephora is great JcPenney is not . JcPenney teams do not understand Sephora culture nor do they want to learn. I have worked in several locations and have known of a lot of people in numerous territories and districts. A lot of hourly beauty managers find the work load is too large for the amount of hours given. You can never work overtime so you are forced to work off the clock even though this is a fireable offense. It is encouraged discreetly. “Do what you gotta do.” JcPenney and Sephora (upper level DM etc) do not communicate similarity or effectively.
Pros
Free products via gratis. Associate discount on Sephora and jcp products.
Cons
Lower positions do not pay as well as Freestanding Sephora.
Nothing to do
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 29, 2018
This was a very frustrating job. Most of what I did all day was process returns, which is unfortunate considering it is a retail business. Also the slow pace of the store mad it difficult to stay busy.
Great Place to work for career Advancement
Free Lanced Artist doing Customers makeup (Former Employee) –  Willow Brook, NJNovember 29, 2018
Great Staff, Customer Service I loved doing the Client as we called them makeup Salary Was great Staff worked really hard management team as well I want to grow more within the company I had to relocate so I want to work somewhere I can teach my staff Leadership skills and building your Brand (Your Name )
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
no Cons at all
Amazing environment to be in!
COLOR CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 29, 2018
From customers who've never touched an eyeshadow palette, to the ones who are freelanced artists, it's an incredible feeling you get when you help someone out on the floor! Even if you aren't that skilled, but still yearn to learn, Sephora can help you grow and progress to become an artist. The hardest parts are the tricky clients, but that's anywhere retail. It's always a fun time once you clock in, that by the time you clock out, you won't even realize how much time has passed!
Pros
Learning, Room to grow, Fun
Cons
Unpaid meals, tricky customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sephora.

Powered by Comparably