Sequence logo
Sequence

Sequence Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Good environment and fun people

The people there were great to work with and helped me and others learn our responsibilities. We also had a lot in common so it was easy to get along with them.

Pros

Company lunches

Cons

Short lunches and small overall

Puts Employee First

I joined Sequence in 2017 and since then, there have been many changes for the better. Leadership has taken a more hands-on approach to career development and improving overall culture. There is now a 3-week training program for new employees and a lot more community involvement as well as internal events for employees. Employees travel often and can be at a client site for several months to several years acting as full-lifecycle contractor/consultants so plenty of opportunities to learn and stay challenged but not every project will be exciting and you have to be flexible and okay with changing environments at each site. You usually work with a team of Sequence employees at most projects but some may only require one person from Sequence at a client site. Projects can involve, commissioning/decommissioning, qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ), and validation services in IT, Lab, and manufacturing, in addition to process engineering, automation and controls, data analytics, etc.

Great company for career advancement

Excellent Consulting firm who places qualified consultants in challenging roles which allows you to expand your pharmaceutical knowledge rapidly. Expect to be challenged from date of hire.

Pros

Available resources and networks

Cons

Travel

Typical Day

The job entails doing what is needed and analytically giving the client what they need with a high level of integrity. Consulting is more micro-managed than I am used to. However, the trade-offs are worth it.

Pros

Work/ life balance

Cons

I have to use my PTO for Client Holidays and it does not leave me with enough personal time off.

Good place to work.

Company emphasizes a balanced approach to work and life. Good environment to learn and grow. One negative is the constant re-structuring, which seems to be a yearly endeavor.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good job with a growing company

You're a consultant, so it's truly all about the client you work for. If you have a great client with good people and reasonable expectations, you'll enjoy your job. Training could be better.

Great Place to work for Validation newbies

The company has been great and management seems as though they want you to succeed as an employee and as a person. The job isn't too stressful and deadlines are reasonable depending on the client.

Pros

Ping Pong room

Cons

N/a

Good pay, communication could be better

Pay is good, but do not plan on living in one place for more than 5 or 6 months. Communication could be better. I was never quite sure of the status of the contract I was working on despite being given assurances prior to accepting.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

PTO is 2 days a month. No holidays are given.

Overall not a bad company to work for, but management is not very involved nor helpful. Also, the job looks to be going in a direction of all travel.

Typical day at work would involve meeting with multiple departments affected by the project I am managing and giving them a status of where we are with the timeline. That includes dates, budgeting, and/or obstacles encountered on the project. Also, I am hands on within the project and not just a program manager. That means I would have tasks that I assign to myself that I also will have to complete. I also, reach out to team members individually on a daily or every other day basis to check how they are coming along and if they are in need of any assistance. Weekly we meet with the client to inform them of statuses.

Pros

Pay, compensation, teammates, etc.

Cons

Will need to do alot of traveling. Management is not very involved and no path for growing.

Overall all good company with great employees but not great management and no advancement possible.

Work across many departments while managing several projects going on at same time. Have to learn to adjust to different personalities to get the most out of every team member in their individual way. Ensure all timelines are being met and steering the ship to the finish line.

Pros

Good compensation like mileage internet and phone bills.

Cons

No room for any future career advancement. Not looking to advance yearly, but want to be able to see some sort of path on for example a five or more year plan.

Jobs at Sequence