SERC Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Run away fast
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 31, 2018
Too many people trying to run the show! They have no respect for the individual. Horrible communication, lack of follow through, and all around a large number of backstabbing cowards. A few trusted individuals so if you find them latch on and watch what you say. They don't like people rocking the boat or trying to change things for the better.
Office Coordinator
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2018
I love my job. Every day I go in I feel like I get the opportunity to make our patient's days a little brighter. I work in a busy clinic and I love the fact that it keeps challenging me. My clinic is my family and every team I am part of within this company is like another off shoot of that family. The atmosphere and culture here are what keep me with them. I wish I could stay forever, but the pay is too low and I know I will have to move on to something with higher pay soon enough.
Pros
family feel, great culture, great support systems
Cons
low wages
Relaxed atmosphere and a good organization
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 4, 2017
I was an intern for 3 months. I had a great supervisor/CI/mentor. I would have stayed as a staff PT if my home was not in another state. They offer a discounted residency and ample opportunity to advance or "buy in" to a new clinic.
Wonderful direct co-workers
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 25, 2017
Good place to work, but I have completed my education and it is time to move on. Nice people but very low pay. They don't really appreciate all that the "low level" employees do.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
very low pay
Focused on patient care- wonderful, caring staff
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bonner Springs, KSApril 18, 2017
I have had the opportunity to work in many of the SERC locations and I feel lucky to be surrounded by such a great group of people! All of the clinics provide a fun atmosphere to work in on a daily basis, and really make you feel like you are an important part of the team. All of the staff members strive to provide exceptional customer service to their patients, and I really enjoy being a part of that!
Awesome!
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSAugust 24, 2016
AWESOME! I get to truly make a difference every day and have the flexibility within my company to treat how I want and when I want. They are a company that stands by their employees.
Great Work Environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2016
I honestly have never felt more at home anywhere else. The SERC Senior Leadership truly cares about you and your success. I'm glad I made the move to SERC and am looking forward to a long career with this company.
Pros
Fantastic Coworkers and Senior Leadership
Cons
There is a 60 day waiting period before benefits kickin
Therapists are more interested in their bonuses than care
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  NE KansasMarch 12, 2016
Therapists spend most of the session time typing. They could not care less for the patient. They have HS educated techs doing most of the exercises with the patients. The office manager's favorite term is 'corporate policy'.
Pros
Any therapy is better than none
Cons
Seeing 2-3 patients at a time is unethical.
great hospital to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 9, 2014
Discounted lunches no weekend work, everybody was friendly and hard workers. Great area to work , close to resident.
Pros
helping those that are in need
Cons
not to clean
Great staff rehabilitating patients with great success
Senior Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, KSNovember 10, 2013
My typical day is busy from the time I arrive till the I leave, with very few breaks or down time. It is a very busy office, seeing 40-50
patients between 2 - 3 therapists.
I have learned a great deal about. customer service, of being professional but making the patients feel comfortable and at home and making their experience a positive one. I really enjoy teaching and training and serving others. I enjoy working with numbers and making sure things are done right.
My co-workers are great people to work with and we are like family. We work very closely and well together.
The hardest part of the job is the growing demands from the corporation, for me that takes away some of the
enjoyment of the job.
The best part of the day is talking to the patients and helping them to have a good day. Also when I can manage to get all of my work done and am able to problem solve and feel like I have done my best at the end of the day and not be stressed out.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
More and more demands on performance.