Serco Employee Reviews

Found 1,250 reviews matching the search See all 3,120 reviews
People did not seem to realize that their accuracy in the job they were preforming would impact the person who worked on the next phase of the job.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 17, 2018
It was called team work, however in my opinion there was no team work because for example, if the verification process was not done accurately, then the phone calls which I did a lot of were harder to complete.
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 17, 2018
Even though Serco is no longer open, it was a friendly work environment. They had a very organized way to train their employees. The hardest part of the job was working the phone calls with other languages.
Pros
Very helpful teamates
Fun and friendly staffs
Electrical Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
This job is good for men and women who wants to experience the contractor side with helping our military with their jobs day in and day out in improving their communications on board ships or boats.
Overall Management
Site Security Manager / ID Card Administrator (Former Employee) –  Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, GAJuly 16, 2018
Management is not for their own employees. They are strictly more concerned with the customers than the employee. They didn't care about us at all. Taking a day off was unheard of
Serco
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 16, 2018
Serco was a great experience. I was able to advance at Serco during my first years there. Everyone was able to talk amongst themselves to determine the best solutions for the job.
Just a job
General Clerk - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 13, 2018
Just a job.
It will be assumed by management that you are an idiot.
You will be treated as if you are a kindergartener.
You will receive no raises.
You might like some of your coworkers.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything except the minimal paycheck
I loved my team!
Training Specialist/ Course Developer (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 13, 2018
I loved working for SERCO. It was for a new government contract in support of ACA. Workers were committed to the process and the work that we did was ever changing. The contract evolved with ongoing legislation. So sometimes it was stressful.
Pros
Employee Commitment
Cons
Poor Management on ALL levels
My favorite job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 11, 2018
I loved this job, it was my favorite place to work. Very friendly work enviroment, amd my supervisor was great as well as the people I got to work with. Id give anything to go back.
Cons
The layoffs.
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MO 63385July 9, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked for and with. Constantly had to have flexibility to change. Hardest part was being forced to work Saturdays or Sundays and not being told this would be required when hired.
Does this meet your quality guidelines?
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MO 63385July 9, 2018
Does this meet your quality guidelines? What else do you need? The place sucked. Management sucked. Money was ok. Location sucked. Meeting new people was ok.
Pros
Does this meet your quality guidelines?
Cons
..Does this meet your quality guidelines?.
Not a bad company to work for
Site Security Manager/Verifying Official (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIJuly 5, 2018
I really liked working in the military environment after I got out of the Army. It allowed me to still have that close contact with my fellow veterans
Customer Service Based
SITE SECURITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 4, 2018
Working with Serco, once policy and procedure has been learned, Serco gives Site Security Managers, like myself, the opportunity to find the grey area in policy to be able to better assist Active Duty members as well as their families in crisis. Policy is the number one thing here that must be read and followed with exceptions as long as eligibility is not in question. Being an "SSM" at Pearl Harbor PSD was the most challenging and rewarding experience I've had yet and due to Husband's relocation I had to leave this position. I've gained countless customer service skills, managerial experience as well as networking skills.
Processed forms for Affordable Care Act
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 3, 2018
This job was located far from my home, but I took it because it had great pay, benefits and I was offered a day shift that was not advertised.

Most times, it was slow work or no work. During these times, some employees would cause problems like playing around, gossiping or roaming the building.

Also, some supervisors were very casual about managing their teams, so some employees did what they wanted to do.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, enjoyed learning work assignments when available
Cons
Slow or no work, employess casuing problesm on the job, lax supervisors
Great pay
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 2, 2018
The work can be hard simple because the rules change so often and some management personnel are in serious need for additional training. The best part was being able to help the consumer and know that you made a difference.
Pros
great pay, benefits
Cons
disorganized, bad management
Extremely stressful
Eligibility Specialist III (GC3) (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 30, 2018
The direct supervisors are great the corporate level making decisions that dont care about the employees you are a simple number and let goes happen a lot. The compant just reduced hours as well, and once your hired on advancment is based off of your quality and productivity, they will never look at your qualifications again. Best tip if you have to get a job this os a ok place but make sure to keep your resume u pool todate.
Pros
Pay is decent plus you get good benefits
Cons
If something isn't working right its your fault.
Satisfied Work Life
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 29, 2018
Serco let you make your own decisions and coached you when you did something wrong. Managment mentored us and provided support for our mission and our positions.
Pros
Upper managment treated us fairly
Cons
never had enough clerks on the contract
There was not the team work that I thought there would be.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 28, 2018
There were too many errors that occurred, which made the next process in the in the job difficult, and much of it could have been avoided. I do not think people worked well together.
Miserable Place to Work
Second Shift General Clerk III Lead SCA (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 27, 2018
Work here until another job comes available. Miserable management team and the employees are treated as cattle. Loved helping people. Hated everything else about the company.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Employees are treated poorly, Middle management are minions for upper management and not leaders, Cut hours.
Best Contracting Company I ever worked for.
Army Contractor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 27, 2018
Really enjoyed working for this company. Was a great experience as my first contracting company. Got spoiled with all of the benefits and great management. Would work for them again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
No positions offered where I live.
productive work place
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 26, 2018
I am looking to leave Serco because it is not a company I can find growth in and they are cutting my hours. I am looking for a company where my hardwork pays off and I can find growth and utilize my skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Diversity score

50out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Serco.

Powered by Comparably