Serco Employee Reviews

Found 1,366 reviews matching the search See all 3,357 reviews
Company Faults
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 4, 2019
There were too many changes, sometime daily. There was constant moving and switching seats. there was constant changes in how to complete the assignments we were given. Sometime a change would happen during the morning and by afternoon we would have a change, but by evening the change would take place back to the original way to complete a task. Then to make thing worse the amount of task we were to completed, and changed again, then changed one more time.
benefits
Cons
stability
Suitable for Employees New to Call Center/Corporate Environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 31, 2019
The culture in this environment needs a significant investment in grooming employee behavior. Otherwise, it's a great place to grow.

Internal promotions are strongly enforced. High performing employees typically promoted within the first year. However, it's difficult to retain the high performing employees when the other 75% of the team needs so much development on being business professionals.
Horrible place to work
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2018
Serco can be a decent job if you liking working outside in all weather type. The upper management is horrible. Too much favoritisms and the head manager allowed it. No need to discuss anything with the head manager cause he let his assistant and his assistant daughter tell him what to do. The hours are horrible 6 at night to 2 in the morning and all they care about is a high ticket count. The pay is extremely low for the work. It suppose to be training provided by the assistant daughter but all she does is sit in a dark room and all the phone the entire time, no learning is taking place.
Pros
Outside freedom
Cons
Upper management, favoritisms, low pay and weather conditions
Started Well
Supplier Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Home workerFebruary 5, 2019
The job started well, management was fantastic, wage was excellent for the area, able to work from home, just go in for meetings. Change of management and management reorgansiation and it started going down hill. No yearly review [even after asking several times], regular consultation periods, started being very insecure, job reorganisation over and over again.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Not secure
Terrible place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  UsaDecember 12, 2018
Poor place to work and most coworkers from Technicians to Senior Engineers have substance abuse issues that makes it difficult to get work accomplished. Management doesn't proactively try to get rid of this issue but instead would rather conceal and deny it. Its only a matter of time until someone gets injured from somebody high on the job and thinking/behaving irrationally. More random drug testing should be implemented to hold those accountable for their actions.
Pros
Cons
Substance abuse is rampant
A very family oriented place to work.
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 29, 2019
The work was often very high paced , but the job was very rewarding.
It was truly a great feeling to be able to provide health care for someone who other wise would not have it, and who life could very well depend on it.
Pros
I was a great feeling to be able to help others. My team was also very much like a family.
Cons
I was also very sad when the doors closed.
Large multinational service company
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCNovember 4, 2018
Good culture about giving respect to all employees.
I wish more training opportunities were available. Serco needs to be proactively aggressive in the training and retention of employees. They are very backward in this regard. It's not a personnel or human resources issue they need to change their corporate culture. Finding good people and retaining them is important.
Benefits
Cons
recompeting for contracts
Good pay but terrible work culture
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 8, 2019
Social experiment run by the government. Crazy. It could have been a decent job if the company didn't change expectations, seat locations, rules, and shift times every few weeks. This location was shut down and the employees were laid off. No severance package. We found out about the layoff on the news. Yeah.
Pros
pay
Cons
stressful
Serco - fast-paced, but enjoyable place to work.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 2, 2018
Serco was a enjoyable place to work. We had very little "idle" time, so the days passed quickly. Management was good, although most of my interaction was with my Supervisor. The Serco culture was generally relaxed and fun. The hardest part of the job was trying find something to do when their was no work (but those times were very few) and the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the consumer.
Pros
Friendly atmosdphere
Productive long hours
Mechanical Assembler II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2018
Where SERCO is a good place to work, new hires are typically under paid for their skills, there is some room for advancement, but you have to do lot of sucking up in order to get noticed. It is mostly shipboard work with the military, so there are some really cool things to learn and see while working here.
Working with peers to resolved many difference issues
Team Lead and Senior IT Desktop Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 12, 2018
It is my pleasure for working for serco, I wish can spend more time with them.
It is a good place to work and I have discover many of unresolved problem throughout the team work with others peer.
My jobs is making Manage all hardware equipment in the agency
Very stressful work environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJanuary 16, 2019
The management is horrible ..the job is good but it's no longer a permanent job. They dont care about the employees it's more important to meet quota and not much care about customers either..serco.is just in it to make money
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Managment
Productive and challenging work place
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYJanuary 10, 2019
Serco was a fun and nice place to work at, everyone got along and helped each other out when needed, The made it fun for you by doing games , winning prizes, food and much more
Pros
potlucks, bonuses, fun, win gifts, employees
Cons
lack of calls or back to back calls at times
Very secretive, event to managers
Task Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 1, 2019
Violations of trust. Lots of things kept from management. We were kept in the dark about major things and were left to look stupid or like we were covering for Serco when bad things happened.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Pay the worst than all other companies at the same site
Easy laid back office work
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 10, 2018
work was fair, pay was fair for the work. management sucked unless you had one of the good ones, company policies were constantly changing, every Monday it felt like a new orientation for the first 30 minutes.
Pros
easy work and good pay for it
Cons
late hours, office closed- tied to obamacare politics
transportation/Frackville/Hazleton/Pa
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJanuary 15, 2019
The transportation area is filled with a bunch of cut throat rats
you could not even stand looking at their false faces.
Don't even apply, stay where you are, no union
You train some one, work with them, and then they fire you.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great
Exceptional Family Member Program (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Great company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. Benefits were great. However, since it was a contract company, the negotiation process between contracts had us worried. Unfortunately, they did not get the contract again. Luckily, the new company took on the current employees. That was stressful.
Cons
Contract Work
Productive and efficient company with great benefits
Military Personnel Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMAugust 21, 2018
A typical day was very fast paced. I was always learning something new, and I loved it. Being able to work directly with military and their families was a great experience. Management was easy to work with and getting in contact with individuals from the headquarters was always easy. I would love to get to another location and continue this career at some point.
Very productive and great workplace
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 29, 2018
I personally enjoyed being an employee at Serco. I was learning new things about the company. I liked working individually and with others. I could depend on my supervisor to explain things thoroughly to help me get the job done. They always motivate employees and reward them. That was always encouraging. Overall, it's one of my favorite jobs I've ever worked for.
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed Serco everyone was fair and pay was decent if I did not have to move because of spouses job I would still be there. Serco is fair and up front with you. Enjoyed my time there
Pros
Work from home, benefits, management
Cons
None for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight