Serco
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Serco:

Serco Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA119 reviews
The division that I worked for is a contract with FEMA. Contrct labor has its ups and downs. In the disaster relief and public assistance your job is subject to the need for employees. You need to be prepared.
My managers, from the above mentioned acquisitions, were phenomenal!! It didn't matter whether it was my VP, my directors, or my managers:
• Each of them genuinely cared about us.

• Each took a concerted interest in my professional development.

• Each exposed me to new challenges that stretched the depth, breadth, and span of my capabilities.
Pros
• Loads of training • Provided mass opportunity for growth & exposure • Great benefits
Cons
• The corporate culture degraded when talented leadership moved on to new opportunities
Company's Billing/A/R department is not open to new ideas.
The current policy is backwards and outdated.

The people are not open to change or diversity and recent anything different.
A day at work was to meet your quota for that week. I learned to work on excel spreadsheets and review documents. I shadowed new employees to help them catch up to new processes. It was a challenging process in a open environment and the manager helped employees stay engaged. The workflow was sustainable and i enjoyed working for the contract.
Hours are flexible and you leave work at the door in most positions.

I had the flexibility and the support above me to grow in my role, although I will say that you won't grow if you're passive about it--you have to take the initiative. The culture here is passive, which can be both a gift and a curse.

Overall, I would recommend working here.
Supportive colleagues and leadership was a plus. Insurance cost was a minus. A typical day at work was managing databases to ensure security, recoverability, and performance.
It was a pretty good company to get real-time experience, We can learn a lot and express what so ever we have learned and can eqip with the talent that we wanted to get.
With incident management you help save lives and there is nothing better in life then that. Never go yelled at by someone in need, but the job is dangerous if you are not paying attention.
Be responsible, show productivity, be proactive. Be reactive and calm in pressure events. show up to work professionally and communicate with management your team.
This company recently bought the company I previously worked for so I don't have much of an opinion. I am sure if given more time, I would be able to better access the workplace.
The people I collaborated with were the most professional and fun group of people I have ever worked with. We travelled and trained with some of the best software and providers in the industry. Every training was well planned.
Productive and fun work place. It has been a wonderful learning experience. I worked in Federal contracts through Serco in DC for 9.5 years. Hardest part initially was to travel to DC all 5 days and started doing telecommute on partial days.
There is a sharp difference between working for their corporate office and working directly for a contract. Working for the contract was a wonderful experience as a whole. While working for corporate there were more things you had to be mindful of.
Serco as other companies provides fair benefit to all the employees who work longer than one year period. However, there is no room for professional carrier advancement.
CEO and other leaders are visible, accessible. Facility is modern and metro accessible. Work-life balance is supported and promoted by leadership. Not a fan of move from offices to "cube farm". Technology is of a high level.
I love the flexibility, The managers are great! The environment is wonderful. Only leaving because I want to be closer to home and family. I've been here for about 6yrs.
Pros
Flexibility, and great environment to work
Cons
Health insurance
Learned a great deal about government contracting work. Very challenging. Not a lot of fun. Culture is stiff and communications are very poor among leadership and with frontline employees. Hardest part of working there is keeping up with changes and manually tracking information as so little is automated. Very poor information and data management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work Life Balance
Work culture is very diverse. Everyone is very professional and easy to get along with. This is a very fun place to work and management encourages growth and wants to help you advance within the company and encourages work life balance.
Pros
Great Benefits.
High lay-off rate - an average of mass lay-offs twice a year.
Telework options

Yearly employee survey and they actually try to address any concerns.
Working for the service members is the best part of the job. Leadership was unstable and the employees had not support from the leadership. Rules made up as they went a long
Pros
working alone
Cons
poor management
It is my pleasure for working for serco, I wish can spend more time with them.
It is a good place to work and I have discover many of unresolved problem throughout the team work with others peer.

My jobs is making Manage all hardware equipment in the agency
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
1.2K
Ratings from women
2.2
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight