Serco Employee Reviews

Found 1,296 reviews matching the search See all 3,199 reviews
Government Job
ESWIII - Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 15, 2018
Government Job restricted info Set up consumers for the Affordable Care Act, review and went over application for health care services, data entry and phone representative, no raise for SERCO.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Learning/Human Capital Function of Civilian Services had a good collaborative culture
Instructional Designer II (Former Employee) –  home officeSeptember 9, 2018
Great people, creativity encouraged. Not much of an HR function, and not much of a career path for advancement as an instructional designer. It's important to understand that I worked in the training group, civilian services. I loved the people I worked directly with. My engagement with Serco corporate was minimal, and much of what filtered down to me wasn't impressive. I feel that Serco corporate treated me as a "billable body", ie, I was valuable to Serco as long as my hours could be billed to the government.

I did learn a tremendous amount during my 16 years with Serco. I felt valued by my peers and line managers/ supervisors. I felt stymied regarding formal advancement and promotion. Managers/supervisors seemed to be under pressure to discourage promotions because of the implications on bidding for future work.
Pros
see below
Cons
see below
Fast paced and friendly enviroment
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 6, 2018
Wish they had there stuff together more. Everyday something was changing, not consistent. Love resolving consumers applications and getting them resolved.
Pros
Help people get insured
Cons
Horrible management
Very stressful
General Clerk III-Lead (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 6, 2018
A very stressful work environment with changes occurring almost daily. Poor company management with little care for their employees. Some on site managers are quite capable but the ones above them are very poor, only think of their employees as a number.
great energy in the work place.
Mechanical Assembler II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2018
learned a lot working with the company, good people and great energy. i managed my peers and they trust my lead. always on time and always ready to take on tough challenges.
Pros
N/a
Cons
breaks were not long enough.
Serco
General Clerk 2 (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 2, 2018
Working for Serco can be very stressful, But the customers have always been very understanding and very well to work with. Management can be help when something goes wrong with the system or an error has occurred.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, 401k
Cons
Difficult system errors, sometimes management
Very productive and great workplace
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 29, 2018
I personally enjoyed being an employee at Serco. I was learning new things about the company. I liked working individually and with others. I could depend on my supervisor to explain things thoroughly to help me get the job done. They always motivate employees and reward them. That was always encouraging. Overall, it's one of my favorite jobs I've ever worked for.
loved this job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 29, 2018
fast pace, learned new things and new jobs within the company, great people as coworkers. the security guards were nice, its a great place to work at.
Patent Classifier (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 26, 2018
No job security or advancement. Lax management, obvious favorites. Pay is good but at what cost. Large layoffs with no applicable backup plan in place.
Cons
Healthcare isn't that great
Did not want to add anything
Task II Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 22, 2018
Serco was a good company to work for it help provide insurance for those that was not able to get insurance. I really enjoyed working there. Wish they did not shut it down.
Serco is a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  VAAugust 22, 2018
The Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation, and Pride are evident throughout the organization. Employees care about one another and truely seem to be proud of the work we do for our customers.
Productive and efficient company with great benefits
Military Personnel Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMAugust 21, 2018
A typical day was very fast paced. I was always learning something new, and I loved it. Being able to work directly with military and their families was a great experience. Management was easy to work with and getting in contact with individuals from the headquarters was always easy. I would love to get to another location and continue this career at some point.
Job was awful
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 20, 2018
No room for advancement. They recently laid off most of their employees. There's a serious lack of work. Very slow paced. Very little pay. It left me unchallenged.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of work
good place to work
General Clerk Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 20, 2018
it is company that with the program i worked for was helping many people get the care that they needed in a timely manner. The company cares about its employees and its customers
Professional atmosphere
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 20, 2018
Professional atmosphere, the company offered many opportunities and promoted from within offering opportunities to grow. I would recommend Serco to friends looking for employment.
government contract employee (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OK 73505August 18, 2018
Normal Work Day Processing Applications. Helping people become eligible to receive the Advance Premium Tax Credit provided to them through the Affordable Health Care Act.
Pros
Sit down Job
Cons
Too Cold
Serco
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2018
Answering troubleshooting calls most of the day. Learn how to deal with different types of attitudes and personalities. Learn how to manage my work schedule, trying to allow for emergencies. Not being able to resolve an issue at that exact time, but after researching you've learned something new.
Lockers. Phones. A quite room
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2018
Good benefits. Many knowledgeable and great people. Good training. Fun atmosphere. Prizes to win for best associate with few to no errors on application for the consumer.
Serco Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 14, 2018
Serco is only a temporary agency, I was paid a low rate, and they were paid on the high end, they had the government contract. it was very hard to get hired on with the government.
Pros
you can meet good employers
Cons
pay is not that great
Nice place to work
Data Entry and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 14, 2018
I learned alot about the Marketplace from the bottom to the top GS 3.
Making phone calls to make sure consumers send in the right documents so they did not lose their Insurance.
Pros
Nice place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight