Serco Employee Reviews for Clerk

Ratings breakdown
41K
Found 157 reviews matching the search See all 3,167 reviews
Fun place to work and friendly environment
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 11, 2018
Serco was a fun place to work. I enjoyed working with my former co-workers and managers. Serco was a company that assist customers with health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
Work Opportunity
GENERAL CLERK III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 8, 2018
Working for Serco gave me the opportunity to expand my career and to know what it feels like to work in a positive and productive environment. Promotion are unlimited when working for Serco.
It was an excellent experiance
GENERAL CLERK III/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  London, KY 40742August 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Serco and developing marketable skills throughout the duration of my employment.The work environment was very family oriented in the first half of the contract.The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with and the customers we were able to help.
Overall Good
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  London, KYJuly 29, 2018
For the type of work, this is a alright job. Enjoyed the people and the laid back atmosphere. Didnt enjoy the stress of constant change. Very sneaky manipulative company, but no different than the rest. Overall decent pay and benefits for this area.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
poor management
Productive and rewarding place to work
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 27, 2018
Serco is a great place to work if you have a supervisor that allows you to balance work,life, and family. Serco provides employees with great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Professional environment
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 17, 2018
Most managers and supervisors were available and helpful however they for the most part had no real training in how their employees did their job so they were limited in being able to help their employees.
Pros
Great co-workers and benefits
Cons
Lack of training
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 17, 2018
Even though Serco is no longer open, it was a friendly work environment. They had a very organized way to train their employees. The hardest part of the job was working the phone calls with other languages.
Pros
Very helpful teamates
great place to work
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MO 63385June 16, 2018
Productive work place, great management,diverse workplace culture,very intense training team & great telephone support team. A good place to work .
Pros
Advanced knowledge of the Obama Care Health Network
Cons
short lunches
Bad place to work
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 11, 2018
You have no time to study changes in directions due to updates to instructions. They will "train" you to work in the department they want you in. If you can not succeed in that department they will not allow you to move to other departments so you can be more production within the company. You can quit or eventually be fired. The supervisors mostly do the best they can but even they get pulled around that they can't help or give up trying to help. The hardest part of the job is that upper management will make you change product lines 4-5 times a day and still expect you to be productive. This is during the busy part of the year. When there is not as much work to do you are expected to read your instructions for all product lines, even ones you will never use. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and Health and Wellness.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
constant changes
Face paced work environment
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 8, 2018
Fast paced work environment. Poor management. Data entry and telecommunication skills training provided. Full-time with paid vacation, sick time, and purchased paid time off.
Hardest part of job
GENERAL CLERK III (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 3, 2018
There was days with no work at all. Literally sit there for 8 hours a day doing nothing and watching fellow co-workers sleep. When there was work majority of the co-workers still slept or didn't want to work on the project at hand.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
No job advancement
Good Pay, Lots of stress, never know if your job is safe.
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 3, 2018
They are constantly changing everything. You never fully learn your job, things change day by day and you are QA'd on it and threatened constantly. They will say things are great one week and the next lay off 100 employees. At the moment they are trying to get rid of all the people in my position and bring in lower pay positions. A couple weeks ago they gave us a date of June 30th and said they were putting Everyone down to 32 hours to save money it is a slow season. Which is ok but then they also wanted to demote all the people in my position for no cause, just to save money. I think they found out, that couldnt be done, and now we are waiting to see who gets to keep there jobs . There is only going to be a few people that get to keep the position i am currently in and we are waiting to see who gets fired at the moment. I used to love this job. It used to be about taking care of the consumer, now it is numbers. faster more number, and money making things. If you decide to work there, My advice... Do not listen to what they tell you. Read between the lines and pay attention to what they are not telling you. Wrote this fast, so sorry. They are currently doing a facility wide overhaul, firing higher ups, managers, and site managers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Stress, no job stability.
varied govt contract
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 30, 2018
i learned much regarding govt contractors; it was a very strict culture at beginning, loosened up towards end of contract. the hardest of the job was switching back and forth betw no work little work and flooded with work. most enjoyable part of job-friendships that last lifetime. i have never in an environment that was so diverse.
Pros
401k, etc
Cons
very strict attendance
Boring, repetitive, dreadful
General Clerk 3 (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 8, 2018
Typical day: show up, have a team huddle that mostly consists of "dad jokes" and "this day in history trivia" then work until we die a little more inside.
Pros
The occasional food truck is waiting to sell lunch food at 8am.
Cons
Micro-managers walk the floor but evaporate when they are needed
Flexibility is the key word with SERCO
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 6, 2018
Constant changes and must be able to multi task and shift train of thought at short notice. Also much be self starter and able to follow guidance. Family like environment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful
Changes on a daily
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, MOApril 2, 2018
In the beginning working at Serco was pleasant and a little wild. A lot different from what I was use to. When I first started we had no work at all. Some months later applications started coming through and there was work. Then management wanted the work that was coming in done in a fast pace. Did not care if it was right or wrong, I was a little confused by that. Due to we were dealing with people insurance. At times Serco was not worried about Quality they wanted Quantity. This came from upper management. I loved talking to the consumers and helping them resolve their issues to receive coverage, The supervisors were great for the most part. Upper management different story. I loved the people that I worked with. We all were helpful towards each other.
relaxed
GENERAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 28, 2018
very relaxed place to work, but if your used to moving around or talking to people this is not the job for you. The hardest part about this job for me was staying awake.
Task work, data entry
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 21, 2018
Systems stayed down to the point work could never get done.
I learned a lot from the training department

The hardest part of the job was poor systems. The system failed extremely too often

The enjoyable part was I worked with some great colleagues
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Management was absolutely ridiculous
Very stressful work environment
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 14, 2018
Since this was a new business opened up in 2013, I was there from the beginning most of the Supervisors and management do not know the job we have to do. We have to read an instruction book to do a project and the people who write the instruction have never had to do the work so the way it is written can be very confusing, it is written in a condescending tone as if we were school children. Instead of just having us correct a wrong they have us on a points system, we need a 55 performance score with 98% quality. The people who do the quality assurance only get 5% of the tasks completed so they miss a lot of serious mistakes and take away points for little minor mistakes. They can easily re-open a task and have it corrected instead of the stress of losing points. Several people just do the minimum amount required an hour so that there is less chance of them getting evaluated.
Pros
Good pay, paid holidays, good benefits
Cons
Very stressful environment.
n/a
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company, despite the shift I worked and the long drive. Numerous opportunities to move up in the company. High security. Overall, awesome work environment.
Pros
lunch delivery, nice cafetieria, clean work area
Cons
traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

50out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Serco.

Powered by Comparably