Serco Employee Reviews for Clerk II

Ratings breakdown
41K
Found 163 reviews matching the search See all 3,167 reviews
A very organized and professional job.
General Station Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 30, 2018
I loved the job. Being able to help consumers with their accounts and being able to solve problems independently was the highlight of this job. I learned a great deal about customer service and how to multi-task with computers was a plus.
People did not seem to realize that their accuracy in the job they were preforming would impact the person who worked on the next phase of the job.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 17, 2018
It was called team work, however in my opinion there was no team work because for example, if the verification process was not done accurately, then the phone calls which I did a lot of were harder to complete.
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MO 63385July 9, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked for and with. Constantly had to have flexibility to change. Hardest part was being forced to work Saturdays or Sundays and not being told this would be required when hired.
Processed forms for Affordable Care Act
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 3, 2018
This job was located far from my home, but I took it because it had great pay, benefits and I was offered a day shift that was not advertised.

Most times, it was slow work or no work. During these times, some employees would cause problems like playing around, gossiping or roaming the building.

Also, some supervisors were very casual about managing their teams, so some employees did what they wanted to do.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, enjoyed learning work assignments when available
Cons
Slow or no work, employess casuing problesm on the job, lax supervisors
There was not the team work that I thought there would be.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 28, 2018
There were too many errors that occurred, which made the next process in the in the job difficult, and much of it could have been avoided. I do not think people worked well together.
Enjoyed the work-fast paced and rewarding.
General Clerk II, Data Entry Keyers (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 25, 2018
Great place to wok. Very diverse. Often challenging due to procedure changes. Felt that I accomplished a lot at the end of the day. Felt good about helping people complete needed information on applications to ensure that they received insurance.
Pros
Resolution of problems.
Cons
Not always being informed to important changes until after implementation of new procedures.
Fun, face paced workplace
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  London, KYJune 18, 2018
Fun, fast paced workplace. Very relaxed work as long as you are on track to meet productivity and quality. Good benefits and great people to work for.
Productive Work Place
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  London, KYJune 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Serco, it was a great work environment with good management and supervisors. There is a lot of training but trainers that are their to help.
Working to help consumers with Healthcare needs
General Verification Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 15, 2018
Process consumer information for approval of health care coverage for The Affordable Care Act
Most of the time a relaxed place to work.
Hardest part of the job was down time, no work for months at a time, just sitting at your computer.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Site closed
Great experience
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 10, 2018
I Learned new things everyday. Met many different people. It was like a home away from home. Very productive and interesting and a decent atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was it ending.
No advancements
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 6, 2018
No advancements. No pay raises. Unexpected layoffs. It's hard to move up in the company. You get paid the same as the worst employee at the site. Bad workers continue to stay as good workers go.
I loved the work environment
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at serco, it was such a different work environment and great experience, it’s also very easy to learn. I would highly recommended if you’re looking for a good well paying job.
Work Place
General clerk 2 & 3 (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 5, 2018
Great place to work and the pay is at the top of the scale for a customer service job. I would be great if the company would have lasted a little longer.
General Clerk 2-Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72756June 3, 2018
Serco is a decent place to work. However, the job security is no longer secure. Overall it is a good place to work and the pay is very good. Benefits are also good.
benefits
Cons
hours recently cut
Good place
General Clerk II(S) (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 2, 2018
Great place to work. I wouldn't have left if my work was not seasonal. Relaxed, collaborative environment with good immediate management that I really appreciated.
Great Company and Co-Workers - Always having fundraisers for local organizations
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 1, 2018
Serco of Wentzville was a contract with the Government to process the Affordable Care Applications for consumers. The day consist of consumer support and satisfaction as a high priority. Work productively in high pressure situation, consistently meeting assignment deadlines with a strong ability to multi-task successfully. The management was stellar. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a consumer approved for Health Ins. The hardest part of the job was the late shift.
Pros
Benefits and Acknowledgement of job well done - Lots of fundraiser's
Cons
Good job, but its not for everyone
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 24, 2018
Serco was one of the best places I have worked for. Although I will say that the job is not for everyone. While i found the job to be very easy, other people did not. They offer you health insurance, dental, vision even insurance for your pets. The pay was good. There was many opportunities to advance to a high paying position. You got an evaluation at least once a week to let you know how you were doing. If I could go back to work for them I would.
Pros
pay, healthcare, learning new skills
Very chill and relaxed
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 23, 2018
Serco is a very chill and relaxed environment. You get to wear what you want so it’s comfortable. Only thing is staying up all day without falling asleep. The schedule is nice & for the work the pay is excellent
Great Benefits
General Clerk II-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 22, 2018
I appreciate the health insurance and 401 K. I was able to get dental work a few days after getting hired. Supervisor were awesome. I would definitely go back. Stability was a questionable issue.
Relaxed Job
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 20, 2018
Most of the time we have to take training to learn more new skills.
work place too quite. No entertainment. If there is no work we have to sit like idle.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, Can't use phones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight