Serious Pizza

Serious Pizza Employee Reviews

Some of the best folks I've ever worked with, bar none; they keep the energy high even when the shifts run until 6am. The work is sometimes challenging, but always rewarding, and the dough and ingredients are high enough in quality to stand behind as a pie chef. The building itself has deteriorated over the years into a pretty sad state (go into the Google/Yelp reviews, ctrl+F, type "bathroom", and let the results speak for themselves), but ownership has recently changed hands, and the new owners are using this period of COVID shutdown to fully renovate and refurbish. Whether I return to the team or not when it reopens, I look forward to seeing this new and improved Serious, and 100% recommend applying here if you're of a mind to put in hard work and make great food with great people.
Pros
High energy, fun environment, free food, Deep Ellum location
Cons
No health benefits, middling pay, VERY late hours
Opening the shop consisted of turning on ovens in the morning. Counting my tills for the day. Making sure everything is working properly. I learned how to toss pizzas. The environment was great everybody worked as a team especially for it being fast paced. Most enjoyable part was making the pizza and seeing the customers love the product that we put out
It was a great place to work very diverse and cultured, great atmosphere and the team we built there was solid by the time I left there. It was a great novelty in Dallas to have the giant pizzas and it felt good to relieve some of the workload off the owners.
I do think that the restaurant is a decent franchise and it is actually a pretty good place to work at. It is actually located in a place called Deep Ellum, Tx. It is quite the historical district.
Pros
free slice of pizza
Cons
short breaks
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Ultimately I’d learned and done everything i could do for the company so i needed to move on in order to promote self growth. I was able to learn a considerable amount about life and management while working at the establishment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Serious Pizza?
  1. Employee Reviews