Serta Simmons Bedding Employee Reviews

Sweat shop. Stay far away
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIOctober 19, 2018
If i could give no stars i would. DO NOT work at the Hawaii location. The operations manager is useless and doesn’t know what he’s doing and isn’t professional at all. He likes to be a know it all. Just waiting till the day he leaves. The company won’t even pay to get the AC fixed in our building for a million dollar company. Pay sucks and cut hours to. People stay because we’re just “comfortable” but sometimes enough is enough.
Pros
Coworkers, free beds when Macy returns
Cons
Everything besides the two pros
Too much work not enough pay
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSOctober 9, 2018
Work you too hard for little pay. Most weeks you get anywhere from 24-33 hrs depends on which department you’re in. You don’t have a regular get off time everyday it’s a different time.
Good established company, great benefits, unskilled management.
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 30, 2018
unskilled management resulted in low moral with co workers.
High employee turnover due to workplace culture not being practiced.
Although there is lack of properly skilled management, I increased my skill levels in all areas of shipping and receiving and OSHA guidelines. I enjoy my co workers and always willing to help in other areas whenever needed. Great employee benefits
Pros
Great employee benefits.
Cons
Unskilled management. not following all OSHA requirements
Ok place to work
Strategic Sourcing Manager-Indirect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
SSB has a good ole boy network with favorites being promoted. Each department has a different culture based on the manager. Different managers allow different levels of work like balance.
What are you looking for
FEC Operator, Hog Ringer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Serta Simmons was a good job starting off. They gave you a ton of hours and there was plenty of work to be done. However, there is no chance of learning new jobs or advancement. I did appreciate and like the company but the management is not the greatest.
Pros
Plenty of work and Hours
Cons
Disorganzed, Poor Management, 11hr shifts most of the time
stressful , bias and constant harassment to produce, the past year 5 supervisor and 2 assistance managers were fired.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Management suck, stay away, bias ,stressful, no career advancement, you either in or out of inner circle. no training, no support by the management.-
Pros
good coworker
Cons
bad management
alot of harrrasement, bias and humiliation by the management, if you are not with them you are out. in one year 6 supervisors were fired, stay away.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Unfit, poor, uneducated, luck knowledge and inexperience plant and production management at dallas plant, A non inner circle, you will be
harassed. plenty of bias and humiliation by the management
Pros
good floor workers
Cons
unfit, micromanagement and harassment by the management
Customer focus organization
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2018
Obtain a challenging Management position applying creative problem solving and lean management skills with a growing company to achieve optimum utilization of its resources and maximum profits.
Slow paced hours
capper (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GASeptember 4, 2018
In search of another job due to lack of hours. It is an comfortable place to work but just desire to make more money to provide for my family. I value love the daytime hrs but just isn’t enough to provide.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough hours for my family
Very Stressful
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2018
Since the merger of Serta and Simmons this company has become a corporate nightmare. They are only interested in profits and over the last 2 years have dropped in quality of product. Employees are working 2 jobs for the price of one. Very stressful!
Pros
The ability to make your own schedule and work from home.
Cons
Multiple "big brother" like ways of watching your performance. Including GPS.
it's a good job
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 27, 2018
Maintenance as usual, they call maintenance for just about everything. Which is funny. SSB has no problem sending you to training when needed. Upper management has attitude issues and does not listen to the employees who are doing the work down on the floor. Work place culture is old union strange. Hardest part of the job is management. Most enjoyable part of working at SSB are the employees, once they get to know you.
Pros
Pay is good
No training
Recieving (Former Employee) –  GrovetownAugust 25, 2018
No training and expect to do the job correctly. There is no supervisor leadership. Expect more for less pay. The people you work with are so unwelcoming. Make you feel unwanted. The turnover for this position is frequently, because no one trains you properly.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
No training
Its a good place to work. I am tired of the production work. Its has been very good to me.
Mattress Builder (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSAugust 18, 2018
Nice place to work but I would like to know what time I am getting off. I would like to have 40 hours or more a week. After 20 years being at Serta, I think it is a good place to work. I
Pros
Nice benefits.
Cons
Dont know if you are going to get 40hrs a week.
Horrible and careless for low level employees
Mattress Builder (Current Employee) –  Fife, waAugust 15, 2018
There lie straight to your face. Do not care for employee opinions or ideas even when shown wrong/better. Very poor managment . Way to much gossip
Supervisers and plant managers do not understand how to talk to their employees. Will yell, scream at employees in front of entire crew very unprofessional. People quit there everyday due to lack of respect for employees and other issues.
very poor management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 13, 2018
no help from management you are on your own very hard place to work the heat and AC never works well cold in the winter and very hot in the summer also this plant will be closing soon due to the merge with Serta Simons
Pros
good pricing on beds
Cons
poor benefits
Quick pace job
Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLAugust 6, 2018
Serta Simmons is a company that give you a lot opportunities. Good benefits and different training for you to growth up. They always looking for different ideas to keep the company on top.
Pros
All the benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Corporation takeover
Jockey/ Receiver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 2, 2018
As soon as we merged with Simmons the company went downhill towards the employees. We are now just robots and there is no care for safety or anything else as long as we hit our quota!
One mans trash is the next mans treasure
Inspection (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJuly 31, 2018
Could be a great place to work if properly managed. And better hours with fair pay. They treat employees as if they're working at a plantation. 15min breaks are cut down to 13min at the sounds of horns to get started on production. And the same for 30min lunch breaks cut down to 28min. Uncomfortable and intimidating conditions when management hovers over employees with stop watches to rush production
Was a decent place, but not great
Tape Edge Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCJuly 30, 2018
Was a decent place to work, but no real perks or anything. This plant was unionized, so that hurt all of the people wouldn't join the union (it was optional). Now, I hear they have closed down and moved to Charlotte, NC.
Safe, productive and driven individual
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJuly 28, 2018
Working with this company has been challenging and a great learning experience. I started as a hourly worker and moved up a salary employee. SSB is building production as it is ordered and shipped the next day.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serta Simmons Bedding. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight