Serv-U-success Employee Reviews

Pleasent Experence
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Serv-U as an manger. Job hours were consistent and help improved my team leading skills. I would recommend working at this company to anyone looking to have a steady schedule and opportunities to move up within the company.
Worked in a Meijer
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Benton HarborMarch 12, 2018
Honestly, it was a brain-dead type of job. Get boxes out, stock shelves, have another cart to push. At the end of the day I made money but I was not happy.

Reseting aisles was the biggest pain because not only did I have to sift through my own nonsense to find the items needed, but I also had to go into the Kraft and whoever elses' section and get what I needed. Usually I ended up taking a few from the shelf spot because I wasn't going to spend 30 minutes looking for a jar of jelly. 8 hours for 3 shelf resets sounds easy enough but when people are crowding you attempting to buy stuff off the shelf or trying to shift your cart around, it can be quite a handful.

Management didn't encourage 15 minute breaks although I was allowed 2 as well as a 30min lunch. Quite mind numbing.
I was usually the one running the truck so that all the chips were ready for the morning shift people but at least all the smaller things such as crackers or liquids, or anything else was run.

Later on, I got an injury on the job. Someone stacked a pallet way too tall for a short person like me, and ended up putting a box of salsa at the very top of all the lighter stuff like chips.
I wasn't able to see it and pulled down the chips, and got beaned in the head by a 18 pack of mango habenero salsa. I was told I needed to go to an ER or a clinic but I didn't have health insurance at the time, and quite hard for money so I declined and drove home.
The next day my manager told me they were supposed to fire me because I refused to go to the ER aka: I was probably drunk or high, but he knew me better
  more... and knew my situation therefore did not fire me.

Overall it was a good summer job, and if need be, I would return to it for the money. But it was 10.00 an hour, with low chance of ever getting overtime, and impossible to use as a reliable reference.
Pros
The people
Cons
Healthcare, no breaks
one out of 17 is not bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 15, 2018
My last year with the company was not great but I was happy since 2004 this time and when I worked with them from 95-2000. Tossed me aside after denying a WC injury which was a failed surgical repair of a WC injury they had approved 3 years before.
Pros
Good company with competitive wages
Cons
denied a legitimate WC injury and broomed me first opertunity
Senior Store Lead (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJanuary 23, 2018
Serv-U-Success is a good place to work if you enjoy a fast paced working environment. Great place to gain some customer service skills.I would recommend Serv-U as a place of employment.
the job it self was pretty basic if you knew you u were doing and know how to read a plan o gram
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day at work would be resetting two to three groceries resets in eight hour or more . what I leaned is to not get frustrated when things don't typically go right it all works out in the end. Management was could use a little work, the work culture was very well. the hardest part of the job was trying to get all the resets done in the amount of time they gave you when you rare trying to train new temps T he most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
you took breaks whenever we would really need one
Cons
third shift but I got used to it.
Bad Management
Central Stocking (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIJanuary 3, 2018
The experience really depends on the manager. Some managers are great, but the newer ones were detrimental to the workforce culture and environment. Several employees were set up to be fired over the time I worked there.
Perfect job for a busy body with no home life.
3rd Shift Representative (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, MIJanuary 2, 2018
That may sounds negative, however, this is the perfect job for someone who just likes to do mindless work to keep themselves busy and make money. It can be tough for someone who wants to have an actual career because this place is definatly full of empty promises.
Wouldnt advise it as a long term career
Store Representative - Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 7, 2017
I didn't receive my vacation pay after i resigned and stated i was fired. The companies higher ups weren't too good. Local management was great. My efforts went unnoticed and unseen and i was delivered a bad hand. Got good retail experience.
Not exactly a place i want to work again
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 6, 2017
I'm not posting alot here as it would probably come off looking sour grapes. You want to work there, go for it. it might be for you. Job entails sorting product off skids, working said product to shelves and dealing with backstock. Also required to do resets and other service work for displays around the store you work at.
Pros
Generally clean environment to work in
Cons
drama like your in 13th year high school
A very social and physical job
Vacation Relief Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MINovember 13, 2017
Worked a set schedule every week with clear expectations. I was able to learn a lot about the job and the skills needed for more advanced jobs.
The promotions were political, never could figure out the system. But I was the best at what I did and was able to move on to a bigger company who noticed my work.
The hardest part of the job was the politics. If someone didn't like you, it was miserable. If they did, it was a lot of fun. It was physical, too. I lost 25 pounds.
Pros
Clear expectations
Cons
lots of drama in personnel
Serv-u-Success
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 11, 2017
Great teams, great people flexible hours and great work environment. Get to work at your own pace, and working for a vendor opens up opportunities in other fields around you.
Nice people
Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for them, and people were very nice, and all were hard working, even through a store reset. If timing had worked out, I'd have applied for the assistant manager position.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
needed more hours
Good company good people
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Navarre, OHOctober 12, 2017
Busy consistent reputation work. Worst work environment ceiling leaking food products not a good combination. Just overall poor manager who didn't take care of employees just not a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Never knew what time you was done working
Enjoyable job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHSeptember 27, 2017
My manager was a very laid back guy....explained everything easily and talked through mistakes instead of yelling through them...Great people and work enviroment.
Pros
Liked everyone i worked with
Cons
could have given more raises
Its a great place to work if you enjoy being over worked and under paid.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MISeptember 21, 2017
Management has to work as many hours as necessary to complete work load but does not receive overtime or holiday pay. I would worn anyone i know away from working for this company.
Not a Permanent Place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Oakland County, MISeptember 18, 2017
This company has one thing going for it, which is the flexible hours that you can have for the most part. This job isn't for everyone and if you like people to treat you like garbage then this is the place for you. The managers at each store demand a lot out of a merchandiser, they expect you to do a lot for a little amount of pay. Yes the pay is a tad higher than minimum wage but for the amount of work that each merchandiser does compared to what the managers do the scale is unfairly tilted. The job itself is not really that hard it's pretty easy and not hard to learn. There is one aspect of the job that is frustrating which is the project end. Most of the time the projects are told with efficient information to complete the project but majority of the time they aren't sufficiently communication and you have to figure it out half the time. Overall this job is great for someone looking for a part time job with someone looking to make a little extra cash. But as a full time gig unless you really want to move up in the company it's not worth it.
Pros
heathcare, flexible hours
Cons
pay, communication, hours
Productive and fast-paced environment
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marysville, MISeptember 12, 2017
This is a job that has no downtime which always makes your day go faster.
You have the opportunity to learn new things everyday to better your chances for possible advancements.
Managers are very flexible, easy to work with and talk to.
customer oriented
Vendor Stocker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 17, 2017
My job consists of stocking many items throughout Meijer. We have 6 employees and we all stock everything but I mainly do all our liquids and drink mixers, But on other employees days off we do their job.
Pros
can always move up if your interested
Cons
customers can be rude and be in your way a lot
Good
Project Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 5, 2017
Solid job. Great leadership and opportunity for advancement. Easy to learn for most people. Relaxed work environment and fair compensation with benefits once hired in.
good job
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 23, 2017
If you are looking to stay busy and get a good work out in while working. This job is perfect for you. Between stocking and assisting customers you will stay busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serv-U-success. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.5

1.2Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight