Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning Employee Reviews

Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great company

Featured review

Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning selected this as a representative review
Great company if you want to grow and prosper in your career. Company has six core values that are basically the company’s culture. Give remarkable service, be a life long student and be kind and encouraging is the backbone of the company culture. I believe that if you consider yourself a true champion and want to grow as an individual than Service Champions is a great place to work.

Official response from Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning

May 19, 2020
We are so happy to hear you love where you work! We are voted a Bay Area Top Workplace and we are so glad to hear you are a happy employee. Keep up the great work!

Be Ready To Upsell

Great position for someone who wants to learn the trade. They offer training that last about 3 months and then after that you get your truck and start running calls. Be mindful this is a technician position that focuses on upselling services and add ons, if you do not meet minimum expectations (ie 40k revenue per month) they will pretty much give you little time to make it up and if you don’t they won’t hesitate on giving you the boot. Overall be ready to Upsell and be stress out if you are not.

Pros

Work truck. Tools provided. Gas card.

Cons

Stress about sells.

Good training program

The training program here was great. They teach you a lot. Not only about the technical aspects, but also the industry itself. They really want you to be the best you can be and it shows in how much effort they put into training new hires.

Great colleagues & management

Great colleagues and great management. Management doesn’t get too involved with our work, which is nice. I like the autonomy.Work hours can vary—usually workdays are on the long side but I’ve seen some slow days too.

Positive work environment

They really encourage employee satisfaction here. At the end of the day, you feel that everyone wants you to succeed, and that the company is invested in your career goals and job satisfaction.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Productive and well organized company

Potential growth depends on your abilities, production and performance. SC is a Very well structured company and offered equal opportunities to all employees.

Make $$ from commission

Some pressure from management to close as many sales as possible, but to be fair the better part of your paycheck comes from commission, so you better be busting your butt to make those sales anyway if you want a fat paycheck.

Kind management

I loved the management team here. They really look out for you, whether it’s answering questions or listening to any issues you have. I’ve never liked a CEO more, and I was proud to work for him.

Unique approach

The approach that management takes to encourage business is unique and challenging— they encourage the techs to do some sales in addition to fieldwork. This type of work may not be for everyone, but if you’re willing to open your mind to a different business tactic and learn some new skills, you’ll probably enjoy your job a lot more, and you’ll be able to make way more money than you would at a regular HVAC job.

Overall good job

Great training program, you learn a lot Great environmentFun employeesGood management that helps you succeedGood benefits and pay Great opportunities for commission

Call Center Job

Straightforward, easy job working on the phones. Everyone who works here including management is kind and respectful. The paycheck’s good too but my awesome coworkers are my number one incentive for staying with Service Champions.

Great if you like to work!

If you like to keep busy, this is the job for you! There’s always something to do or an interesting project to work on. A lot of the negative reviews on here are probably just from people who are frustrated that they’re actually required to actually do something during the day, instead of just sitting on their butts and scrolling through Facebook. If you put in the work, you won’t have any issues and you’ll like it here.

Good for Multitaskers

This is a great opportunity for people who can multitask and who have some finesse when it comes to sales. The work isn’t easy but you’ll get the training you need to be able to be able to handle it as soon as you’re hired. Lots of driving involved as well, obviously. Our work environments are generally pretty safe. We’re never sent anywhere crazy so there isn’t a high risk of injury on the job. I like my job overall and I enjoy all the different aspects that go into it.

So much $$$

Commission here is CRAZY. Cannot emphasize that enough. You have to work hard for it though, it doesn’t come easy. Add on overtime, and you’ll have more money than you know what to do with. Great pay, great commission, and good benefits.

Flexible schedule

My favorite part about this job was that you can choose your hours. You have a required amount of time you have to work per week, and as long as you work that time, you can work literally whenever you want. I worked here in college, and the flexibility with scheduling allowed me to go to class, juggle multiple extracurriculars, and work almost full-time. Great job if you’re busy and need more control over your schedule.

Perfect for introverts

Management here doesn’t watch over your shoulder while you work and they pretty much just let you do your thing. You’re hired to get the job done and if you can do that with minimal issues then they leave you alone. If you have a question, they’ll answer it and then move on. I also love working with my hands and this job really just allows me to work hard and enjoy myself without having to worry about a boss watching my every move or having to make small talk all the time. For me, it is an ideal job. They pay great, too.

Great Team

The people that work here are great — they’re kind, supportive, and incredibly resourceful. If anyone ever has a question or has any issues with installations, everyone is willing to pitch in until the problem is solved. Being in such a good environment is really what separates this job from being average to being great.

So much industry knowledge

My favorite thing about the job is just how much I’ve learned about the service/supply industry. I’m definitely a fix-it-yourself kind of guy, and working here has taught me so much about different ways to help fix up my own home. The employee discount is great, and I’ve expanded my personal toolkit significantly since starting on here. The people here really know their stuff, and I love how willing everyone is to help each other out.

Sales, sales, sales

The company provides excellent communication and sales training. I am very thankful for the training that they provided and would not be where I am in my career without them. However, I do not agree with how they pay their technicians. I believe it results in many of their customers being taken advantage of by technician who do not have high moral character.

Pros

Excellent communication training.

Cons

Poor customer care.

Mediocre management and lots of inter fighting between depts

Decent place to work if you have no option or live close. Pay is okay but work environment and management need a huge morale booster. The managers don't really offer much support even though they claim to have an open door policy. Marketing Director is an a retentive and throws people under the bus for no reason. Accounting Dept does not get along at all and make things harder for each other. Digital marketing is awesome as well as tech support and the CSRs that they can keep there are gems. Company needs someone to come in and modernize their structure as well as create a better working environment. HVAC is already a boring industry try to keep your employees happy it helps with productivity.

Pros

Donuts and occasional lunches for your Dept

Cons

Management, work environment, lack of support

Everyone is very friendly

The people here are so friendly! Good opportunity to make commission but that generally depends on how aggressive you are in getting sales. I’ve become a more sociable person since working here. It has been a pleasure in every since of the word.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Discussion topics at Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning

Professional development

Mission and values

PTO and work-life balance

Work from home

COVID-19 response

• Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?