Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning

Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning Employee Reviews

Manage Your Expectations
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 21, 2019
This company needs to control the expectations they have from their employees. You don't have a work/life balance when you work here. You are monitored constantly and often have no room to breathe. The competition in the office is too intense and can stress you at times. You won't be rewarded or appreciated for hard work when you trust them. You often have to upsell and work on Sundays!!!
Impressive management
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 28, 2019
My favorite aspect of Service Champions is that I know exactly how my individual efforts are making a difference in the company and for our clients. My managers do a great job of recognizing my work and explaining how I'm affecting the bigger picture. It's really nice work for a company where I feel like an important, valued member of the team.
Pros
Meaningful work. Supportive management. Rewarding.
Cons
Productivity is monitored
Very positive environment
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 25, 2019
The work I do is pretty enjoyable, but the people are what really make the place great. I've made a lot of friends here and everyone is a great joy to work with.

It's important to like the people you spend everyday with, and it has definitely been the case for me here.

Service Champions have created a great team and I'm proud to be a part of it!
Pros
Interesting job, good people to work with
Cons
Nothing out of the ordinary
Fun, innovative place to work
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 24, 2019
My favorite part about working at Service Champions is simply that I get to do interesting, advanced work. I'm always working with the latest tools & software and I'm constantly learning new things. It all keeps the job enjoyable and fresh for me.
Pros
Interesting work, cool tools and software, advanced experience
Cons
complex at times
Family feel, team environment
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 23, 2019
I have really enjoyed working at Service Champions. It's been much better than some of the big, corporate businesses I've worked at when my superiors didn't even know my name. Instead, the managers here actually take the time to get to know me. I've even been able to speak with our CEO on various occasions, which I think is really cool. It's nice feeling like a valued member of the company.
Pros
Cohesive team, Friendly environment, Caring management
Cons
Nothing in particular
Productive fun work environment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 4, 2018
I really enjoy working for Service Champions. The people here are great. I recently joined the company with little knowledge in heating and air conditoning and have obtained my Universal EPA certification while attending Champions University. The instructor Ed Kramer was great. He takes his job very seriously and it shows in his teachings and his work ethics. It was a pleasure being in his class and I have learned so much and feel this is a good start to a new career. I would like to give a special Thank You to the hiring manager Sara Ward for giving me this opportunity to start a new career at Service Champions!!
Pros
Great people, Champions University
Give it 100 and youll get 200
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 23, 2018
Performance driven company - everyone in this company has a goal and doing everything they can to exceed that goal. Healthy, fun and competitive type of atmosphere but everyone wants each other to succeed. Fun company events every year that gets everyone together since the company is split into different locations. Overall a great place to work and call a second home. Personally, this company has done a lot for me that makes me proud to call myself a Service Champions employee.
Pros
work life balance, good pay, company events, benefits, continuous growth
Cons
competitive, high expectations
A performance based company interested in investing in its employees
Support (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 20, 2018
Service Champions is a company that really invests in training and working with employees towards a career. The company is focused on providing great service for clients and fellow employees. Most of the managers really care about their employees and how to make them even better. It is performance based, so you will work hard- but when you do, you are rewarded very well for that work. This is very much a team environment for go-getters.
Pros
career advancement; employee benefits; training; bonuses; high energy
Cons
seasonal work/life balance;
Would recommend service champions to anyone
Inventory and Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 17, 2018
Loved working at service champions, learned so much from them. I am grateful for the opportunity and all that i learned and helped me in my my future career advancement.
Pros
The people
Cons
Never rewarded or felt appriciated
Great place to start your career
Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 2, 2018
Great, Friendly people, lots of opportunity to learn new things! Great to work for a company that includes everyone in the bigger picture goals they have.
High energy, continuosly evolving environment.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 18, 2018
Passionate owner, great individual contributors dedicated to the overall success of the business and clients!!!

Growing company and ideal opportunity for young tradesmen.
prizes
Lead service dispatch (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 21, 2017
the owner mad sure that everyone that worked hard got rewarded well , prizes and challenges were always fun. Everyone would join in and compete the prizes were worth it.
Pros
frendly
Cons
did not get to help make decissions
Great place to work and opportunity to move up
Inventory & Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 24, 2017
I started working here as a warehouse employee. After a year of hard work, I was able to get a promotion when a position opened up as an Inventory & Purchasing Analyst.
The job is great, my boss is awesome and full of knowledge. I'm trying to learn as much as possible.
I enjoyed working with the people i did.
The hardest part was monthly mandatory meetings.
Pros
ping pong table
Not all is as it seems-Untrustworthly Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 30, 2017
If you want to have a life outside of this company and work 45-50 hours per week-you are considered "unengaged" in the company and you are looked down on. Managers put up a great facade so that their team only sees what they want them to see. Underneath-upper management dont have employee's best interest in mind. All they care about is profit, how much this person adds to the overhead and how much they bring in to the company. They push people to sell repairs and replacements even if not necessary or this person may lose their job. Shady business.
Customer service oriented HVAC company
Sales Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 25, 2017
A typical day at work was inspiring, coaching sales professionals to maximize their abilities as they were selling heating and air systems to residential customers. I learned that following the process helped my team achieve their maximum potential. This was managed by a sole owner, Kevin Comerford. The culture was fun and energetic on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was sitting across from the home owner and convincing them to spend anywhere from $10,000-$40,000 for their heating and cooling needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the home owner to agree to purchase their heating and cooling solutions from us.
Pros
Company vehicle, great compensation package.
Cons
Worked on some Sundays on and as need basis.
average company that pushes sales
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 19, 2017
working there, everyone is required to sell up and push sales to every customer. i was a dispatcher and that is not in my background, I'm not comfortable up-selling to vulnerable elderly people. (Elderly on a fixed income is a majority of the customer base.)

they also insisted that i end every phone call with "make it a great day" when i would say, "have a great day", i would get verbal disciplinary action. When asked why cant i say, "have a great day" my managers response was, "because we want the customer to go out and MAKE it a great day!" that's just way too extra for me and i am not an unpleasant CSR by any means.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
up-sell is pushed on everyone in the company
Horrible place don't recommend
Install Helper (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 30, 2016
This place sucks its like a cult. The management is horrible. The service techs are not real service techs but only lying salesman who brag about how good they are at ripping people off. The parts guys are lazy and horrible at their job. Be ready to work 12 hours a day for low pay. Be ready to be micromanaged about everything. DON'T recommend unless you like being part of a cult and being micromanaged all time.
Pros
Nothing everything sucks
Cons
Management, work life balance, pay, micromanagement, cult atmosphere
Great benefits, not for everyone
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 14, 2016
It was common to see people come and go frequently. Many apply and get hired but soon quit when they find out whats required. I enjoyed the sales part and the competitiveness.
Your salary is based on how much you sell. Maintenance techs will make around 50,000-65,000. S1 and S2's will make close to 100,000.
Comfort advisors make the most around 150k-200k. But there is almost no chance you become one. They normally hire car salesmen or other guys with sales experience.
Pros
Get your own truck. Benefits.
Cons
Stress, expectations. Unfriendly management.
The Sales Focused non sales job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 16, 2016
If you have the gift of gab and don't mind working long hours for an inconsistent check this may be the job for you. Pay is based on an algorithm that incentivizes people to sell parts to people that don't even need them, so that you can afford to pay your bills. Management stresses this isn't a sales job but if you don't hit your numbers for the quarter in sales then they get the ax sharpened real quick. high turnover rate in most centers is due to management style, however the owner has his stuff put together. working with individuals who have no experience in field environments can make on call rotations absolutely dreadful. not to mention if the office misplaces paperwork you get hit with the book. payout of commissions is very inconsistent and if not tracked properly the company will keep your money.
Pros
The owners wants to create a unique job culture that encourages advancement and education
Cons
Different culture in every center, lack of training provided, advancement is provded only if sales quota is met.
Don't recommend
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 21, 2016
Seemed fun at first, and people are nice. But despite how it seems on the outside, the inside is not together. It's a sales company first and foremost. All about the numbers. Upper management are cool, but not involved enough. Middle management don't know what they are doing. They don't train like they should. They don't stay true to their core values. But the company does market very well. The call center does their best to keep customers happy. But it was a negative environment. If you want to work in HVAC or in a call center, there are plenty of other quality HVAC companies out there. Don't recommend.
Pros
nice people
Cons
micromanaging, poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning. Our community is ready to answer.

Service Champions Heating and Air Conditioning Reviews by Location