Service Corporation International
52Below average

Service Corporation International Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA9 reviews
Not for everyone but pays well and is rewarding
Part-time is on call at night typically with occasional 10 hour day shifts. The pay is unstable due to not knowing if someone will die or not when ur on call considering you are paid per body. But, It pays very well when you do get calls. The environment is nice the and the manager is organized, but there can be drama like any workplace. The hardest part is the families and dealing with them because you don't know what kind of situation you are walking into. It requires a lot of mental fortitude.
Pros
Good Pay, Few hours for lots of money, good for students
Cons
Need strong metnal fortitude, work is inconsistant
Sinister behavior. Does not cae about the public even thoug they say they do.
Pressure to take adv. of people at worst time in their lives, (death of loved one.) Sloppy mgt. Cannot trust anyone in mgt. A co. w/ many law suits.
Pros
Can't think of a thing
Cons
Too many to number
Not for the weak hearted
Its a small place and we all consider each other family. Don't do this job unless you know you can handle this type of work. It can be sad from time to time but the people I work with make it better.
Pros
4 days off per two weeks
Cons
Being on call
It was a uniquely pleasant environment.
I really enjoyed my time At SCI. I had worked for the company several years prior to 2016 and decided to returned based on may initial positive experience. The training that I received for the position was effective and invaluable. I was always received well at whatever location I was assigned.
work life balance/Pay
You really don't have a work life balance. They expect you to bend over backwards and they pay you the bare minimum. Unless you plan on NOT having children or a life outside of work. This is not the place for you!
Pros
You meet nice people
Cons
Pay
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Would not recommend
Very cut throat environment; days went fast due to heavy workload; expectations way too high for pay; no room to grow or advance; inconsistent management; revolving door as far as employees staying; great co-workers, misleading managers
Pros
Days went fast due to heavy workload, great co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement; managers inconsistent
Fast paced, high energy workplace. Where you will learn lots of new skills.
A typical day at work involves focus, energy, efficiency and being able to handle multiple work loads. I took care of all the granite and bronze memorial orders and making sure they were properly installed in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was speaking with family members who lost a loved one. The best part of the job was making sure their loved one was memorialized in a special way that brought them peace and closure.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Short breaks
No review being given.
It has been too many years since I left SCI. Personnel and operations have changed. I do not believe it would be appropriate to give a review about this company.
I enjoyed the people I worked with
The mid-low level employees were great, but management rarely held a comprehensive grasp on how their actions affected morale and thereby customer service.