Service Experts Employee Reviews

overall a good company to work for
Service Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 5, 2019
Service experts was a good company to work for, but the pay was to low for someone with my experience. i enjoyed working there but i had to relocate for financial reasons
Where everything's made up and your moral compass doesn't matter
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 30, 2019
They don't tell you in your interview that you'll be working a mandatory CSR weekend day during peak season, or that you'll be expected to switch to CSR at any given time depending on service level. At my time here, I confirmed with my entire team that none of us were told at any point during the interview process that we'd signed up for any kind of CSR responsibility. Due to the toxicity, sexism, nepotism, backstabbing, and heavy-handedness of the actual CSR department, they can barely manage to retain anybody that isn't willing to sacrifice their dignity--so you sign up to make sales only to find weeks where you barely make a handful because you have to pick up the slack from the other department.

I wrote a scathing ~5,000 character review that seems to have not made it through, so let me try and sum things up.

The sales supervisors are great. They make you feel like part of a team and regularly stick their necks out for their own. However, corporate and the CSR department basically make the environment completely hostile. If you weren't already feeling betrayed by being lied to about your job position, I guarantee you that you will know that feeling intimately after an appreciable amount of time here.

The only thing I learned here was how to be a better liar through the higher ups actively encouraging and instructing us to deceive customers through honeyed jargon, whether it be sales or CSR. I feel genuine guilt especially for customers--especially the elderly or disabled--I had to reassure would receive emergency services same-day when the on-call tech themselves
  more... told me they wouldn't be able to make it until the next day.

So let me spell this out for you: Service Experts, where everything's made up and your moral compass doesn't matter. If you're looking for a place to test the limits of how much your soul can take before you're officially dead inside, this is the place for you. Enjoy having no sick leave, a six day workweek for half the year, pitiful PTO accrual, 12 sanctioned days off a year, hearing your coworkers cry in the bathroom, and lying through your teeth every single day. If the revolving door hits you on the way out, consider it a blessing from whatever god you do or don't acknowledge.
Pros
Paid break, occasionally fun incentives, stellar sales management, healthcare
Cons
Nepotism, sexism, being lied to about job responsibilities and schedule in the interview, ridiculous peak season hours, no sick leave or unscheduled time off, barely any sanctioned time off, toxic and hostile environment, out-of-touch and heavy handed corporate interference
Lots of change
Residential Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 13, 2019
When I was working here they had just gotten bought out and the direction of the company was not clear. Since leaving i jhave heard the company again broke off from the corporate structure that it was in.
Great people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILOctober 30, 2018
Service Experts provided me with a great opportunity to wok with wonderful people, learn a new trade, and have complete control over the profitability of my center. Regional leadership was supportive and always there to help.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Unreasonable expectations
Worst company to work for
Service Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLOctober 30, 2018
Only care about numbers, employees are nothing but tools. If you’re okay with losing your integrity, soul and heart then work here. This company will literally suck the life out of you.
Great place Great people
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broadripple Heating and CoolingOctober 10, 2018
I have worked here since i was 19 and now going on 24 I came into this business with no idea what i was doing and not a clue about HVAC. But I can honestly say i have grown so much in my time here. I have learned so much about things I would have never even begun to have knowledge of and do things I never thought i was interested in. I can honestly say this is the best place i have ever worked and the people here are like family 10/10 for sure! :)
Pros
friendly people
Fair
Service Technician (Residential) (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 1, 2018
Ok place to work
Everything is what you make it
Very low hourly rate
Company changed owners 3 times while I was employed there
And I never seemed to get the bonuses on time
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Very low hourly wage
Bunch of good co-workers
tech (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2018
Not busy enough, very seasonal industry and Service Experts prices are expensive and not competitive enough for local market. not a bad company though.
very low and controlling workplace
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2018
this job pay was a terrible example getting paid by the job and not hourly. standby time no pay also you would have to wait with no hourly pay. no work no pay. work you get paid.
Pros
nothing
Cons
its a trap
Great pay and great management!
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
I've been with this company for a year and a half. The hours are long but I am well compensated. We're very busy during peak seasons and not too slow during the slow season to where we are laid off or sent home for long periods of time. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking to make great money and is not afraid to work.
Great Staff
Dispatcher/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Service Experts. Our staff was always pleasant. I Started off as a maintenance technician worked my way up to Dispatcher and Admin assistant.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, bonuses
Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2018
Company moving in the right direction. Good earning potential for high performers and the leadership team is strong.

Come join the team at Broad Ripple Heating, Air and Plumbing.
Great Office Personnel and Atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2018
Relaxed for many employees, yet technicians and managers are overworked. Inefficient distribution of workload. Great pay and scheduling flexibility.
24 hours on call
Air Conditioning Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 29, 2018
company expect tech could work 24 hours. On call schedule included Sunday over night. I don't recommend this company if you have family. make sure ask for the real schedules
wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Berlin, NJApril 24, 2018
family owned and operated until selling to a corporate entity
strong office staff with the ability to cover all the bases and have homes serviced within 24 hours and businesses needs handled on an emergency basis
Company
Installer duct work (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 12, 2018
Company swears they care about their employees but clearly they don't. if hired their, it will soon be obvious. Fun employees but management doesn't make much sense to how or why someones behind the front desk.
was once thriving is now dying
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 28, 2018
When I first started the company seemed great, and had opportunity. upper cooperate management got replaced, the company was bought, people in the company being replaced like crazy, when i left it seemed like that company was riding itself into the ground. not to mention the office environment itself isnt the best no matter how hard you try to make it work
Nice place to work.
Accounting Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 22, 2018
The work atmosphere was oftentimes intense, but my coworkers helped to make it pleasurable. Management put forth effort to create a pleasurable work environment, but sometimes it just didn't happen.
Good Co-workers, terrible management
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST/ DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Co-workers here were friendly and easy to work with, raise is provided if you ask. However, there is abundant nepotism and favoritism in the workplace which was very discouraging for the rest of the employees in my branch. Management was also handled very poorly, different tasks and positions were constantly shifted from employee to employee to the point where it was difficult to know what duties were being performed by whom. Issues with employees were also not discussed directly, which led to these issues not being corrected until there were negative consequences to the company.
Pros
friendly people, ocassional free food
Cons
poor management, no control of your scheduling, nepotism
Kept busy making the day go fast
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2018
The local branches are very far removed from the corporate office. This can sometimes be good, sometimes not. Overall I enjoyed my time working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Experts. Our community is ready to answer.