Service King Collision Repair Employee Reviews

the wonderful world of labor
Detail/Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2019
just not worth it. just another body shop with a broken management group thats been politically formed, you will never move up in the company, they legit are a joke.
Pros
outside low pay
Cons
everything about the managment
Worst Place
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA 22191March 16, 2019
This place is trash starting from management, the front receptionist is never there, production and parts manager trash don’t know anything, they kiss butt to be on top and when higher ups come they act like they do their job
Cons
Long hours, receptionist never there always have to cover
Fun work enviornment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNMarch 14, 2019
Fun and fast paced work enviornment. Lots of room for growth and they encourage you to advance within the company. Great atmosphere and coworkers are helpful in your growth
Stressful & no room for advancement
Office Coordinator/Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 7, 2019
I’ve workrd at Servive King for 4 years and I was always over looked upon career advancement. Service King does not value their hard workers we are treated as replaceable..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of communication, no room for advancement
Good for someone who knows alognments and suspension
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Was a good store to work at. Have times of idleness and times where you must be on the ball. Personally didnt receive enough work to maintain financial stability but will be a good fit for the right guy.
Pros
Free lunch one in awhile. Dedicated mechanic bay
Cons
Sometimes no work for mechanic.
Great Place to cut your teeth
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2019
This is an amazing company to start and end your career with!
They offer training programs, internships and apprenticeship programs. Always someone available to help you when needed
Management made the Oldsmar Fl location a horrible place to work.
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLFebruary 22, 2019
I turned over 100 hrs a week and was fired my third week as it was explained to me.. My parental responsibility's to my Autistic child interfered with my job... Yep that's right. You can't work here if you have a special needs child!
Cons
Terrible manager
Great bunch at the shop. Area leader had hands fulll.
Body Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 16, 2019
Trying to hit the numbers they wanted was not easy. That made the bonus plan a joke. The last 2 years was a joke. More with less soulldof been their moto.
From great to poor in 2 years...
AREA MANAGER, SERVICE KING COLLISION (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Company used to be great!! Over last 2 years, upper leadership absolutely killed the company with poor decisions, to include poor C-level hires, who in turn made changes that negatively impacted the teammates that had to deal with these decisions on a daily basis.

The lack of focus on key performance items has not gone unnoticed by our insurance partners, customers, and current teammates.

Hopefully the company will get back on track as they have great teammates that deserve better.
Pros
Great teammates
Cons
Poor upper leadership, no direction, unnecessary stress
Would not sugest working fir thus company
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2019
There is alot of SHADY stuff going on at least at the shop I worked at your promised one thing and never works out the way it was brought up they have level 1 tech s doing structural repairs on cars that the kids don't have a clue how to repair or fix
Pros
Few nice pepole
Cons
Its all a number game, or benifit the writers, and management, always pressuring the techs, to get the cars out fast so they can get there comission check
Goals are unreachable.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Quality of finished product should sell itself, this was not the case, quality of product was sub standard. Major employee turnover, unable to staff shops adequately, Management expects service advisors to detail vehicles prior to delivery and correct quality issues instead of technicians. Delays due to quality make goals impossible.
Good company, work environment not so good...
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILFebruary 4, 2019
I started out as intern service advisor for this company. I did my three week class. Once I got back to my assigned store, I did nothing for three weeks because the mentor they gave me didn't really do much to begin with. I received a second mentor and he also followed suit. The third mentor they gave me didn't really teach me much but took every chance he could to criticize me in a very condescending way. I saw him as somewhat insubordinate. He never followed instruction per our manager, he constantly wen against the tasks that were asked of him. The environment of the store I worked at was very hostile. The technicians constantly refused work, which is unheard of then had the audacity to accuse the manager of favoritism. Honestly, the manager was the one who really ended up getting to me the caliber of advisor I am now. If it wasn't for him, I can't say that I would've succeeded at that company. I had asked numerous times when I would graduate from my internship and literally never got an answer. It wasn't until I gave my two weeks notice that they actually tried to make me a full service advisor. Plus the pay could've been way better. I wouldn't mind working for them again if they actually took the time to properly train their employees.
Pros
Shop lunch every month
Cons
Absolutely no one is held accountable for their actions, every thing is just drama.
Friendly Environment
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
The people you work with are friendly and help you when your in need. Your able to learn if you need to and are offered chances to move up. Only con is sometimes you get poor management.
Love to work in service king
Painter/helper (Current Employee) –  Leander, TXFebruary 2, 2019
Love to work in service king but I’m looking for more money in job more work to make mí life easier to live and paying my bills on time live more free
Pros
Free lunch every month
great
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 23, 2019
great place to work. great schedule and easy going work enviroment. I really enjoyed working for this company. They also have a great training program as well!
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Great place to work , customer friendly environment
They take pride in all customers vehicle repairs. This company works direct with several insurance companies. Also you get life time warranty on repairs.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
No sick days
Most Stressful job of my life.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2019
This was one of the most stressful working environments I ever worked in. My first manager was wonderful, but when he was transferred to another store, everything went down hill. He was replaced by another manager, who appeared to be intimated by other women working along side her in the work force. I was constantly afraid I'd lose my job, even though I enjoyed my position. I'm not one to wear makeup, and would comply with uniform standards and pull my hair up and out of my face daily. (Makeup is not a requirement in the work force, and I suffer from bad acne when I wear it too much). I was berated for not wearing make-up, not straightening my hair, and for being cold all of the time. I was sick constantly because the office was just kept too cold. I was constantly told by my manager to "eat a cheeseburger" (she could've stopped eating them herself), and called "walking typhoid" by other employees because I was always sick. Such an unprofessional work environment. I was finally fired when supposedly I hung up on someone (which I never did), and a person said they would never come to our store because of my name... curious my boss had the same name and I'd hear how she spoke to people on the phone, so it wouldn't surprise me that it was her that hung up on a customer. I was set up to fail. I wanted to move up in parts, and was told I would only advance as an estimator. I am not confident in commission pay type jobs, which is what an estimator would make, as opposed to an hourly paid parts position. I saw people fired weekly and constantly feared the chopping block,  more... even though I have a high moral ethic, and a high work ethic. I was told to reroute people through the call center, and when people would come in because the call center couldn't/wouldn't help schedule them, they would come into the shop directly, and then get upset at me because the estimators would refuse to help them because their car had too much damage to fix. That's right... the estimators don't get paid for totals, and so they get upset that you tell them someone needs an estimate and leave the customer waiting in the lobby for an hour. I went from being able to get a little extra time by working through my lunch, to any OT completely gone with the new manager. My boss would constantly leave work, and when I made a joke about it to upper management, I was berated and written up for it. Upper management came in unannounced and asked where she was and I said, "When is she ever here?" Yes, poor move on my point, but it didn't keep her from making me a target of verbal abuse. Then when I was fired, because her verbal abuse could make someone feel so terribly, she sent police to my house for a "wellness check." I am so glad that I will never work here again, and will never recommend this company to anyone.  less
Cons
high turnover rate, very stressful, abusive enviornment
Big company with a small feel
Collision Estimator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 11, 2019
Big company with a small feel, most management positions are filled by good people, employee turn over is to high, benefits are pretty good, 401k, medical, dental, vision.
My review of working at Service king
Training Manager/ Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I was part of an integration from a previous collision repair shop, where I was a Service Advisor and promoted as a Trainer to other advisors & office staff. I was then promoted to Training Manager that my main responsibility was to manage a team of 3-other trainers. Our market area covered 3-metroplexes (San Antonio, Austin, Waco) that encompassed 28-locations and many employees.
I traveled many times out of state assisting with the Integration of other locations the company would acquire, where I would onboard and train new employees to the company.
Great team, but no room for advancement
Office Manager/Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityDecember 31, 2018
No pay raises, no room to advance, but the team at my particular location felt more like a family than co-workers. During my review, I was told that I was an invaluable employee and saved thousands of dollars in lost revenue; however, they can't afford to give me a pay raise.
Pros
team
Cons
no pay raises or room for promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service King Collision Repair. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight