Service Management Systems Employee Reviews

Nothing to say
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 9, 2018
It might have been a better experience if I knew how to speak Spanish or if the other employees spoke english ........................................
Burn out
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 31, 2018
Under staff, over worked and under paid with no real room to grow , crazy weekend schedule basically sms is a burn out job. Employment at sms is for high school grads and college students.
Fun place, great company to work with!
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAMarch 10, 2018
Great company to work for, people are awesome! Raises could be better, and benefits package, medical insurance was good when started, every year went downhill.

Must be a self starter to work at this company.
Cons
It's contracted
I wish I hadn't left!!!
Housekeeping/ Certified Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed this job because I could have fun while working. The job was easy to do and the pay was amazing. I was getting hours without asking for them working 45-48 hours a week just walking in the door. I want this one back. I would still be there if I hadn't gone back home out of state to care for my sick mother for a few weeks.
Pros
Discounts in the Mall
Cons
SMS is good company to anyone to work.
Facility Manager. (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2018
SMS is good work place and environment to any person I working 10yr with the company , i never had any problem the years I work with the company. They have management good gold one of then is work safety, the company always looking the best for employees and the customer SERVICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IS GOOD COMPANY AND GOOD ENVIRONMENT PLACE TO WORK.
productive and plenty of room for advancement
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 13, 2018
Excellent work environment everyone works as a team. I was given opportunity to advance and helped to continue to move forward.Upper management was always helping for me to succeed
I learned alot while working at SMS.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2018
SMS was a great place to work. I learned a great deal while employed there and made lasting relationships. Over the course of my employment the company grew considerably and I continued to grow with the company. It was a very valuable learning experience.
Pros
Great people to work for.
Cons
Company kept growing and alot of turnover occured.
Facilities Manager
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2018
I love my job. I love working with the public. I love meeting new people. I love being a Facilities Manager. It is very rewarding. I like the fast pace , Floors and Janitorial work is my passion.
Miss this Job
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
I loved my job with them. It was easy work with not so bad pay. And the people who work there were great. I worked at The Battery of Atlanta for them as housekeeping supervisor in The Battery of Atlanta. My general manager at the time who has since left the company was a fair and decent manager.
Fast pace and unpredictable work schedule
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2018
The company requires long hours from managers and travel with sometimes only a few hours notice. The company is unwilling to supply managers with requested support unless there's a serious complaint from the customer.
Pros
paid vactions
Cons
six and sometimes seven day work week
Fun place to work meet new people every day
Manager (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Great place to work love the people you meet new people everyday everyone is very friendly everyday you are doing something different best time to work is Christmas
Pros
Benefit
Limited advancement opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 21, 2017
This company has very limited advancement opportunities, low wages on the pay scale. I did have a great manager in the last year that I worked there, unfortunately not all of their managers were not as good as him, but, no more than other companies. Upper management was definitely not on the side of lower pay grade employees, would make promises and never follow through.
Pros
employment
Cons
Upper management did not follow through
supervisors think they outrank the upper management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAOctober 5, 2017
Unstable schedules along with lazy coworkers makes for a hard week its like babysitting. Supervisors think they have more power than the management .management will tell you one thing then the supervisor will change the terms .Having to come in behind people on shift change that didn't do their job during their shift (sitting in hiding playing games on phone ,clocking in and leaving property for 8 hours then showing up to clock out at end of shift ext ) Just seems like there is a lot of problems with this company .
0 overtime
Lots of BS
cant have a life outside this particular location constantly being called in to work 1st or 2nd shift and being told you have too even on your day off TURN OFF YOUR PHONE
Pros
Its a job ...meet a few good folks
Cons
supervisor out of control, unstable schedule, lazy people
Cleanliness with a chance of kindness.
Overnight Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 30, 2017
Clean and dump all trash around the mall.
Dust down entrances with a high gas powered leaf blower.
Use a Water cleaner with solution to clean down all entrances to the mall.
Clean the main hall of the mall and clean the food court area.
Learned that every problem has a solution. Patience can go a long way in terms of cleaning an area.
My supervisors were awesome shame the job was only temporary.
Work place was clam and relaxing unless customers were still at the mall which normally happened on Sundays only.
Hardest part was traversing the mall. since it is large area to cover.
What I liked about that job was that I had time to do what I needed to do since there were multiple people on the mall cleanup crew.
Pros
30 minute paid lunch, mall discounts.
Cons
cold weather all around
Very efficient work place or just a lot of work to do.
Facilities Custodian, Floor supervisor, training (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 25, 2017
Safe work location and very comfortable place to work. Very active job for student or retired worker. What I like most is the good communication with other workers and everything is not a problem.
Ive worked in worse.
Housekeeping & Supervisor positions (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2017
SMS was a good company and I did enjoy working for them, for the first year. The biggest reason I got into it in the first place was to help a good friend who needed a hard worker. I was lucky to have had the opportunity to take a shot at supervising on my own for the first time in Bloomington, I am proud to say I kept that location from sinking. ( at least for one weekend.)
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Not the most glamoris gig, but it was easy money.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2017
It is a job that you are grateful to have until you can find something better. I would only recommend to someone if they are in immediate need of emoloyment.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Bad job worse company
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OR 97401August 4, 2017
The management is lazy. They make no effort to investigate the happenings of day to day laborers. Some of the older fold that work there are unfit and it is a job they are suited for, for the most part. Others are just lazy. Like any job though, there are good people who work there though the lazy ones still mostly set the pace. And if you try to outpace anybody, a supervisor ends up trying to push you too hard. When you are at your limit, any expression of this leads to demerit.
Productive place to work
Floor Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 1, 2017
A typical day at SMS Quailsprings Mall I would come in and get my guys started on the floors in the food court. I get or Advance scrubbers ready.
The hardest part of the job? Sometimes we would get guys on or crew that did not want to work. But overall we still got the job done.
Not good
House Keeping Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2017
Job is not good management is terrible. Do not ever want to work here again. The pay is terrible and management refuses to work with you what so ever.