Service Solutions Group Employee Reviews

Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 10, 2018
Service solution was an great place to work for at that time. My pay was not enough to get out there to get my own place. But I've love the staff and my supervisor was great. I would would there again if I could get the opportunity too.
Pros
Pay for lunch
Cons
1 hour break
first ever job
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 28, 2017
this was my first ever job in life I loved being a janitor in the schools meet a lot of nice people and the kids are what made my day they only thing bad was they had a lot of managers in the years I was there
an alright place to work before getting baught out
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2017
the hardest part was dealing with management, they were not the best at communicating with there employees, Pay was alright, time and a half after 40 hours, which you were basically made to work over the 40 hours mininimum, your day could start as early as you want to set with the store owner, you are required to work monday-friday, on call one week and month, you could get trained to work on the equipment you wanted to work on but if they were needed peope to be trained to work on a specific type of equipment if you were new your were kind of made to be trained on it even if you didnt want to,
Pros
Cons
New company, management
nice work-vans and plenty of tools
Service technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 4, 2017
i liked the work and enviroment.management could be rough at times but overall a good group.knowledgeable.clean and safe working enviroment and updated on osha and saety rules.daily work was tablet run and dispatch was helpful that they didn't overload a tech.
hardest part was getting parts in stock but they were ordered on time.most enjoyable was learning new info about new equipment and classes on upcoming units was fun.
Pros
use of new tablets and classes
Cons
parts distribution/identity
Laid back but not professional
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 16, 2016
I did enjoy working for this company for awhile and then I got to see first hand, the management team is horrible, lack of communication and etc...The branch manager is not a very helpful person and the parts manager has a short fuse, so it is actually very hard for someone to communicate with someone such as this
Pros
part time
Cons
drama, foul language, unsupported, lack of knowledge
Very good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler TexasNovember 7, 2016
Enjoyed the company and they care about their employees . Any and everything you need to do your job is provided for you. The management works to get raises and in house promotions
Supportive, professional, & financially beneficial company to work for.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 9, 2015
You start your work day @ 7:30 am, you will be dispatched night before on 1st calls for the following day, you check in & out by computer for all calls, you typically run about 3 - 4 calls per day which will vary on season, typically finish between 4:30 - 5:00 pm

You will receive education directed towards the commercial refrigeration & cooking industry, The education you will receive here is 2nd to none, they are supporters of educating their technicians to set them up for success.

Management is very hands on, very professional, you will speak to your service manager on a daily basis, Anytime I have needed anything I have been able to speak to my service manager openly about it, I have never had better communication with a service manager as I do now, no complaints.

In my market we are satellite, I have 2 co workers that I see at least a couple times a week, usually to pick up parts from or to help on install jobs, they are always there for help or advice if a situation or tough call my occur, always friendly and a real team attitude.

The hardest part of this job is during the winter season, you sometimes have to work longer days to accommodate our customers, as in any job there are times you have to make small sacrifices in order to accomplish goals.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am not at the same place all day, I get to travel to different customer sites, work on various equipment, see different people in different settings, you really get to build a good working relationship with your customers, you will never be bored working here.
Pros
Competitive pay scale, continued education you will receive no where else, benefits, service managers are hands on with technicians, professional appearance, new work vehicles, uniforms & jackets, boot pay program, tool IOU program, family 1st company from 1st hand experience.
Cons
If you don't mind the give & take of having a good career, If you don't mind challenging yourself & stepping out of your comfort zone to better yourself, there really are no Cons with this company.
Fun atmosphere with a great mix of personalities.
Administrative Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoy going to work everyday. Great pay for a good day's work. Enjoy the relaxed attitude. Enjoy the fast paced day and how it helps the day fly by. The coworkers are nothing short of wonderful. Always there to help out when needed.
Pros
Casual work environment. Great team of people.
Cons
Benefit package leaves a lot to be desired. Vacation time is minimal.
ok company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2014
restaurant service work mostly chain work. lot of education.
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
low pay service manager
Bad Managment
Service tech (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2014
Management disconnected, or micro manages employees, and throws employees under the bus, That is to say they blame all that is wrong with company on the employee.
Pros
It pays the bills
Cons
Micro managment
Large, well organized company with a focus on continued training.
MASTER TECH, REFRIGERATION, GAS, ELECTRIC, STEAM. (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2013
Good Company to work for, just do not sign the 2 year non-compete.