Service Today, Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical

Service Today, Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical Employee Reviews

United States10 reviews
Good group of people and a growing company with good service. Management is weak and poorly executed. Poor communication, management would rather deal with ten problems after employees find things out after the fact instead of dealing with less problems and facing employees head on. However the company does offer good pay, good benefits, and good job security (not much room for advancement).
Pros
Good people, good benefits, work does not come home with you.
Cons
Short lunchs, long summer hours, weekends.
They suck they fire people without notice and the manger in the office has problem managing. They need complete over haul in the company. Half the time you do something that you think is right and come to find out they do not approve on the decision you made. They are too expensive they over charge half the time but do not help the employees give them some extra money sometimes. DO NOT WORK THERE you will being looking for another job soon. As the electrician your the only one for Delaware and Maryland no other electricians. BEWARE
I have been employed by service today for about 7 months now and it is the best of 3 companies I have worked for. No high pressure sales like the white shirt companies. Coworkers are very easy to get along well as well as managers. I worked for another company in the area that had me second guessing my career choice. Service today Restored my hope that there is still a good honest hvac company out there. Pays well and good incentives. Highly recommend service today

service today
Great Place to Work. Good pay. Plenty of work. Employee owned company. Job opportunity in PA, DE and MD. Company vehicle share in price of tools. Bonus opportunity.
All of the employee owners are friendly and easy to get along with. As with any service company, there are some long days and slow days. During the slow times the managers try to schedule training to get everyone their 40 hours. Its a great place to work and a great place for a long term career.
Pros
Ownership in the company and periodic bonuses
Cons
N/a
If you want a job where you will not be appreciated for anything that you do, Service Today would be the place to go.

Aside from poor track record in terms of repairs and new installations (people calling in for issues after a new install should not be the norm), you also had to deal with management that clearly had zero people skills. Concerns were never treated with any sort of urgency.

There is a lot of overturn and its not just the field that people are working in. It's the poor management. You don't harass your employees, and you don't threaten them. These are actions that were all condoned and approved of while I worked there and senior management turned away and pretended they didn't see it.

Human resources is a joke, too. It's just someone in accounting who is just as bad as the management. She loves drama, gossip is her thing.
Raises Never Come! Fire people without notice at soon as they don't need them. Don't appreciate employees. Alot of coworkers tell me everyday that they are looking for a new job and putting in resumes at other companies. There's also plenty of controversy over the employees they fire. Employees are upset about some of the people they choose to get rid of and always wonder who's next.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Alot of management that smiles to your face but as soon as you turn your back... Very UNTRUSTWORTHY!
Management is pretty weak they focus on petty issues rather than dealing with the real problems head on, techs are worked like mules 12+ hour days are commonplace, most techs do not get the training they need to really fix anything, callbacks are a big issue problems rarely get fixed on the first trip, calls are not screened properly for information so techs never know what they are getting involved in, call center is instructed to book all calls with no reguard for there techs well being, salesmen screw up almost every job they sell with inaccurate material takeoffs, company policies and procedures are extremely outdated, the company wants to grow but does not welcome the change or fresh ideas that are necassary to accomplish that, change of any kind is a problem for this company, company charges top dollar but is only able to provide average service at best. High turnover rate as no one good will stay long, they do not welcome free thinkers or decision makers. Service today means getting someone to your home the same day at all cost, most likely your problem will not be fixed on the first or in some cases 2nd trip. In my opinion the only reason this company remains in business is they advertise same day service and provide financing.
Pros
Decent pay, not great
Cons
Long stress filled days, power struggle in management, work life balance
Official response from Service Today, Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical
February 27, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience while employed here at Service Today. We would like to address and clarify some statements made in your review. Customer satisfaction and employee-owner morale are at the forefront of everything we do here. There are seasonal peaks during the year, as in many fields of work. During these times, the hours can be long and the work can be hard for all team members in every department. Great Pay! Hard Work! We make sure that this fact is very clear to potential new hires and work to prepare them for these seasons as best we can. Furthermore, we ensure that all of our team is well compensated for the hours they are working. We do have a large number of employee-owners that have been here for many years. We also understand the demands of our busy seasons can be a deal breaker for some and this isn’t for everyone. We wish you the best in your future endeavors
Choosing to join the team at Service Today has proven to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. The company culture, productivity level, and collaborative nature of all employees are defnitely my favorite things about working here.
Pros
Nice People, Approachable Managers
Cons
N/a
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Service Today, Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical?
Service Today is a great company. Good people with a great work environment. The company invests in its employees with available classes and training.