SERVICE WIRE COMPANY Employee Reviews

Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
Good place to work at and have job stability as well. Great health insurance. Have 3 shifts for your convience of working shifts and good environment for long work history.
Not a gooD place to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2018
They want you to kill you're self on doing production And running the machines fast. When you're getting paid by the hour and not for what you do and they don't give no bonuses or incentives for doing good and a lot of production. With out no help. Even tho management knows you need help. And also too hot to work when summer hits. Management don't care to cool down the place. as long as the machines are running.
It was not a good place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Culloden, WVApril 2, 2018
This job starts out fine then once they train you for a week they throw you out and then move you to places you tell them you can’t work and don’t give you any other options or do not comply.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Everything else
Easy job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2018
Everyday started out pretty slow. we learned alot about the exact measurement for the cuts. Management was amazing here. the hardest part of the job is having to wake up so early. the best part was the great exercise
Pros
Free tape
Cons
only 30 minute lunch
place of great latitude if experienced
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2018
Service Wire was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. My wife believed that I could do better, and with some coaxing, I left. I feel that anyone with skills can be happy at Service Wire. They afforded me the latitude to make decisions that affected company budgets, thus making life greater for everyone concerned. Time and money were saved and production was increased.
Pros
growth and responsibility.
Cons
allowing me to leave when I asked to
A job not a career
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2018
They pay and benefits is enough to keep you there but its not a career place. Its a good job for some one who is going to school to get a better job or some one who isn't looking to be in one place for long. Its very stressful and production employees are not treated very well.
slow peace,
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2017
There is no opportunity to advance or change positions, it a family business company. wouldn't recommend anyone that wants to advance. to work there............................................................................................
Pros
No pros
Cons
too many
Very productive and work friendly enviroment
Data Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
Service Wire is a manufacturing company where they make and ship wire to electric company's and railroads who uses the product. I learned a lot about different types of wire, what they are used for.
Pros
Great managers that I worked with, along with the knowledge I recieved from working in a warehouse
Cons
N/a
Factory Work
Rewind Operator (Former Employee) –  Culloden, WVApril 14, 2017
You start out on a probation for a short period, learning the ropes of the company. I thoroughly enjoyed the work but had to leave for personal reasons.
Pros
Guaranteed Break, Good Managers
Cons
Pay is not great
Bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2017
Don't trust anyone in management. They will tell you you're great then lie to you and fire you without any reason.. immature, unprofessional, uneducated sales staff who has no clue about business..
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Unprofessional staff
Happy place to Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
This place is great, wonderful schedule, will work with you if need be. Great salary for the job. Excellent company to work for. Morning and night shifts available.
n/a
Administrative Assistant/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Culloden, WVFebruary 19, 2017
I liked working there but the people there you work with are not to easy too work with especially the dept. I worked in, I would like to go back and work there but in a different dept.
Pros
the bosses was nice
Cons
employees you work with are not to easy to work with
Enjoyable workplace, great co-workers
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Culloden, WVDecember 27, 2016
I enjoy coming in to work everyday. My co-workers are fun to be around and easy to work with. Everyone is willing to help however they can. I haven't worked around management enough to comment.
Intern Review
Sales/Purchasing Intern (Current Employee) –  Culloden, WVNovember 28, 2016
They were very flexible with my school and family schedule. Overall, the managers and co-workers were very encouraging and supportive. There was always work to be done in a department somewhere. The job allowed me to get great experience and boost my resume by giving me hands on experience in all different fields.
Pros
Great Work Enviroment
I would rate this company as an average place workplace.
Sales Assistant/Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2016
I had the privilege of having a great supervisor, very understanding, very family oriented. Always had a 40 hour work week only. However there are very few opportunities of advancement in this company. Many employees have left this company for that reason. Employees that work in the warehouse work under very poor conditions. Pay rate is below average. In my case I left the company because I relocated to a further distance and had a better job offer opportunity which I took.
Pros
Small Departments
Cons
Low payrates, no advancement opportunities, high healthcare prices
Boring, no motivation at all
Order processor (Former Employee) –  PhoenixAugust 25, 2016
No opportunity of advancement, leaders are not professionals they give management position to anybody, with out any knowledge or preparation. very unprofessional
Cons
cameras all over, no opportunities, unprofessional management
good job
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2016
good job, good co-workers, I like to learn everyday, the job environment is nice, is a safe place to work. the products we do is with a very good quality .
awful management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Culloden, WVJanuary 6, 2016
poor management, management didnt follow orders from upperclass.
poor hours
short lunch break
no room for advancement
Great People; pay is NOT competitive
Safey & Quality Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culloden, WVJune 19, 2015
The best thing about this company is it's people. The management is supportive in almost all situations. The hardest part of the job is being put in charge of projects that does not apply to your position.
Pros
Great people; supportive management; good hours
Cons
benefits and pay are not competitive
horrible place to work at
WAREHOUSE/DISTRIBUTION (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2015
the management is terrible. the staff is lazy. I learned that you can't trust everything people tell you! There is no room for growth at this company!
Pros
work hours 7am -3pm
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SERVICE WIRE COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.

SERVICE WIRE COMPANY Reviews by Location