ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,624 reviews matching the search See all 1,925 reviews
Fun meeting other brands
Intern (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2018
the best part of work is seeing the other company brands. It's nice to mingle with others you didn't know and being under one roof. The company is just okay but good if you're just coming out of college. The management is TERRIBLE and there are NO advancements unless you're someone's favorite. For the most part, they are not fair at all..
Pros
Perks
Cons
Poor Management and No advancements
Overall a good experience
SYSTEMS SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2018
The company has gone through a lot of change. The people and culture were good which made work fun. The hardest part of the job was that Corporate objectives routinely conflicted with the individual companies ability to get the job done.
Great place to learn a new trade
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 17, 2018
Service master has been a great place to learn some new trades and skills. It has helped me find toon and develope old and new skills. I would still work here if I did not move.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Lots of hours
nice place to work
carpenter helper (Former Employee) –  Oakmont, PAAugust 17, 2018
nice place to work long hrs steady work always busy all employees work together little bit of travel early start work till u want good pay lot of operteiney to grow in this company
Very laid back job
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2018
This job is good for someone that's already have a job and just need extra money to make ends meet! Working here can be stressful at times but overall good!
Pros
You allowed over time during summer vacation
Cons
30 minutes not long enough for breaks
The manger was lacking skills
Commerical Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cantonment, FLAugust 15, 2018
Just got to be a stressful place to work always too short handed and still had to have everbodys jobs done in the 8 hours. And they didnt have right things cleaning supplies to do the job.
Pros
Mostly got 40 hours aweek
Cons
Always under staffed
Fun place to work for/at. Challenging tasks everyday that make you eager to learn more.
Carpet Technician (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 14, 2018
Overall a great place to work for! The staff is great and management are supportive! I work for the cleaning side of the company which includes carpet, rug, upholstery, tile and grout cleaning. As well as many more. Each job site is different and brings different challenges that make it hard for customers to take care of themselves. We as cleaning Technicians are certified to be able to provide the customer with our knowledge on how to properly maintain their investment purchases in their homes!
Fast pace work
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 14, 2018
Fast pace work, with long hours. always on call. never really as day off. Even on vacation if you are on the city you are on standby. you have to leave the state.
Relaxed environment
Lead Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 13, 2018
they are super flexible when it comes to scheduling around your life informal atmosphere where everyone is having laughs
Mostly relaxed environment, with short bursts of insanity.
pay is a little on the low end.
Good place to work if you like cleaning
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2018
I enjoy my job been here 3yrs.Ready for a raise I feel like I need a raise I enjoy working for them of course wouldn't been there that many years.I enjoy cleaning up don't work too hard at my job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 9, 2018
Slow steady workplace. nice friendly people. great customer service and great workers. Would recommend if your just looking for an easy part time job.
Terrible
Fort Collins - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 9, 2018
Its very unfortunate for how big the company is their employees are not taken care of. Never gave notice of being laid off when the cleaning contract ended. Messed up payroll ended up with many employees being late for bills and rent. The owner is very vulgar and unkind. Wish I could say more positive things. But no, in all honesty I feel bad for the employees that are still currently working for this company.
Work here is ok
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Elida, OHAugust 9, 2018
Workin for servicemaster was and ok job some of the people out there think they kniw everything and dont know a lick about any job there on they put people where people shouldn't be working
Cleaned Commercial Buildings
Custodial Technician (Former Employee) –  Wahpeton, NDAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for serviceMaster of Wahpeton ND but i had to quite it because I didn't get enough hours to support me and my parents and we also moved to Arizona
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 8, 2018
It's very laid back it's work at it own pace very quite relaxed and more jus feel at homemeeting new people was the most fun part of all working together was great
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyed my boss
HR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2018
My boss was great, the company makes lots of changes that will make you scratch your head. Every two years there is a new CEO, restructure. Company is now outsourcing to the Phillipines
Horrible managment
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAAugust 6, 2018
I worked for,the 1 in dover pa since november 2017. I had 1 building 3rd floor 2 clean. 4 hours 3 times a week. Once,my building leader quit I helped my manager everyday to clean trash from all 3 floors. I was promised more,money I was given 2 extra days and after a month he took them days from me without any explanations. All he did was lie. The,office has teens working in the,office or as managers. They are all friends. They treat employees like dirt. I decided 2 quit last Friday cause I was lied to I had hardly any hours. People dont work 4 them in dover pa. You will regret it trust me. I filled a,claim with pa labor board so,will see what happens. They hire people,that smoke,weed.
great place to work
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 6, 2018
it was a wonderful place. you clean business and office space. sweeping buffering waxing floors. vacuuming dusting emptying trash and cleaning up after others
Career opportunity
Crew Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Island, NYAugust 5, 2018
Restoration is a great career opportunity,work load is durable. If you have the ambition and good work ethics then restoration is good career opportunity or stepping stone.
No benefits, Rude Management, Shady people.
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAAugust 5, 2018
I worked here for 4-5 months before I was fired by my manager for my buildings, without any reasoning. She constantly had an attitude with me and was always rude. The base pay is $9 per hour, and with most buildings and rude people you encounter either at the buildings or with the company, it's not worth it. Most shifts were 2-5 hours doing more labor than you get paid for. I also had a family member working here who had a building where they were a supervisor at, their manager went behind their back and gave the position to someone who had just started without telling them. Managers definitely need to communicate better and treat their staff better.
Pros
Self paced
Cons
Management, pay, hours, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight