ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,580 reviews matching the search See all 1,877 reviews
Poor management
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTJuly 12, 2018
Made me work as a lead without a pay increase. And I've only recieved 17 hours per week which no one can survive off of. Management needed a re staffing immediately.
Good first time job
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 12, 2018
There's no benefits, nor is the wage that great, being around $9/hr. But for someone who wants to work about 2-3 extra hours a day or spread 8 hours through a week, it's a good way to earn some extra cash. Where I've cleaned, the job environment is calm and quiet, and after hours so the workers at the building have left.
Hours are very flexible!! If you work 4 hours one day, you can clock in at any reasonable time, so long as you work those 4 hours.
Pros
noncompetitive, flexible hours, calm
Cons
low pay, no benefits, wouldn't make a good full-time job
Corporate customer Service
Corporate Customer Service and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2018
Responsible for resolutions for corporate customer service to benefit both customer and company.

Procurement and cost analysis for office and building supplies
It was okay working there i liked it while it lasted.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 10, 2018
I would go in clean the hallways, offices, bathrooms, and take out the trash. I would order supplies that were needed for the week and mop/ sweep the floors.
very competitive
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILJuly 5, 2018
The person who runs the Carpentersville ServiceMaster Clean is somewhat not responsible for the actions. i have been working for 8 years and i have just received a raise, only up to $10/hr. i never get vacations paid or holidays, and he never wants to give out overtime. there have been multiple instances where the checks are returned because of insufficient funds and we would have to pay a fee for the check return. the working environment is decent, could have more improvement.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 5, 2018
Working at Terminix was easy but it was not like any call center I ever worked for or since. Actually the finer points of good customer service wasn't taught and wasn't really practiced. In my own opinion, the company needs to have one call resolution and end all the transferring of calls for each application. As a rep 1 we didn't have alot of ways to appease the customer like free visits or anything to offer and the hold times were almost always long and due to that the rep's were not allowed to ease the transfer by being on the line, we had to just leave the customer on hold which in my opinion is NOT good customer service. . The management tried to give employees a good time by having things like cotton candy day , ice cream day, etc(which is a good thing) but when they would have contests or displays they would play it out right there on the call center floor whether you were on the phone or not; (for instance, family feud game on game show day), and you couldn't hear the customer and quality customer service comes by listening to the customer and you have to hear and pay attention to take care of customer needs, one day i complained and upper management called me on the carpet to let me know their displeasure. it just seems to me that the customer really does come last to service master
Pros
smoking area, good insurance
Cons
what you can do for your customer is very limited
Clean up the FedEx building
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2018
This is not a job for people with kids and have bills. You live from pay check to pay check. This job is for retired people. You don't move up in the company no matter how long you been there. And you get a raise like every four to five years
didnt care for the pay
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 3, 2018
there were not enough hours the pay wasnt enough the commute was complicated and the management wasnt.as helpful the customers were really rude and mean
It was tough work
Fire Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 1, 2018
Demolition of walls floors ceilings . sheet rock removal carpets . packing up homes storing furniture . packing up homes for Restoration . can be a dangerous job long hours
Pros
friendly people
Slow Employeement
Restoration and cleaning team member (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 30, 2018
5 to 6 working hours per day 5 days a week and sometimes less.
Employees had to have a position besides being a working crew member to get full time hours, so if you aren't a technician part time was your calling. this job was an on call so when help was needed, you will get a call. two jobs are necessary to live off.
Pros
Technicians get better benefits
Cons
not a good job to live on
Fire loss support (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 29, 2018
It was a new experience and I learned a lot from the employees there on how to tell water damaged to type of mold demos packouts pack backs got to travel to different city's and meet new amd famouse people
Pros
Meet new people all over diffrent citys
Good company, lazy employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 29, 2018
I worked in the office and really enjoyed what I was doing for the most part. I learned a lot about water mitigation and insurance policies/claims. I would have liked to continue to learn more and advance with the company. ServiceMaster as a corporation seems like a fine place to work, this particular franchise was a mess though. There aren't many employees there, it would have been nice to see people step outside of their job description to help each other out. "That's not my job," is thrown around way too much. I like to keep busy and learn new skills. Unfortunately, people were quick to take advantage. The office had a strong high school vibe. Trash talking other employees is encouraged more than clocking in and getting straight to work. The marketers made unrealistic promises just to get a sale and our project manager just plain "forgot" to go to appointments or return phone calls. It was embarrassing.
Pros
I liked the work I was doing
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun place to work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 28, 2018
Great staff and relaxed work environment. Easy tasks, great supervisors. Good location. Easy work to learn. Equipment was easily manageable and easy to carry.
Pros
Work at your own pace. The team always worked together.
Cons
Short breaks. Not enough hours worked during the week.
an okay place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 28, 2018
my managers were just okay. when i would finish at my building, i would have to wait for everyone else in the building even though i had a ride waiting for me and stated that i couldnt leave. lots of drama and a really bad manager named jessica. she smells so bad.
Pros
got to listen to music
Cons
no breaks
I learned a lot
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MIJune 27, 2018
I used my own car to go to different job sites Minimum gas miles. Learned how too clean office buildings .Management we poor. It was hard too get cleaning supplies.
Pros
I learned alot
Cons
Used your own car too go too job sites no gas milage
It give you an idea how to work at a hospital
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 27, 2018
They need to work more the employees and see their needs to better
service. But i did learn more for my future work place. Where to help
my co-works.
good
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2018
nice place to work for nice work place and stress free and get help when need work with this company was very good experience for me learning different this and learning how use different floor equipment
Cons
Good company to work for if you need extra money
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 26, 2018
I went to work and performed my job with no problems. It was a very relaxed place to work. You get to explore and go to different buildings to clean. You just have to have good transportation and it's mostly night work and I enjoy that.
Pros
great for extra pay
Cons
wish they would increase the pay and the hrs if possible
Productive Laid-back
Janitorial Technician (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 25, 2018
Learned how to listen to other coworkers and to place a high value on their input. Learned to take things slow when it comes to worker just to have increased amount of quality in the end result.
Lack of advancement and management
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Hillsville, VAJune 25, 2018
I realized I was going nowhere with that job and wanted to get out of there before another year passed by and I was still working the same dead end job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight