ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,559 reviews matching the search See all 1,853 reviews
employer
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 21, 2018
they are a great company to work for. great family company great hours very flexiable and the staff was very dependable and reliable great benfits would recommond to other people that love to clean and be actively employed
Not a good place to work at all
Water Mitigation Technician (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAJune 20, 2018
This company is terribly run, they rip customers off, they do not provide you with the tools to do your job nor do they maintain their shop. The owners are complete idiots and everyone there is a yes man running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
Loved my job
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 19, 2018
I loved my job most nights but was expected to do stuff I was trained in and that should not have ever been asked legally to do. I loved the other employees but the head of the company was very intimidating when you needed to let him know you could not do as he asked.
Pros
Being your own boss for the most part
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 19, 2018
The manager was a nice person that help me with everything I needed to know about the business and how things are to be done on the job at the OBH office in Kings Mountain. He showed me where to put the cleaning supplies when I'm done cleaning.
typical warehouse cleaning
Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 19, 2018
average working environment - general cleaning job at warehouses - garbage removal - bathroom cleaning - office equipment cleaning - floor cleaning - etc
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 18, 2018
It was a good job not enough hours and some of the people was mean and messes but I did my job.I am just looking for a job . I am a people person I love helping people
Odd culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 18, 2018
The work at ServiceMaster was fine, but it was an odd place to work. They are a publicly traded company, yet in their mission statement, they have "To Honor God in All We Do". I am a religious person, but I like to keep that separate from the work life, and I found it objectionable that some meetings started with a prayer. I'm sure it was very awkward for non-Christians.
Interesting place to work
Area Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 18, 2018
This is a company that do not stand behind their mission statement they are more concerned about making money verses building people. You never know what's next
Relaxed
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 17, 2018
The people there are quite nice. The hours hop around some days you'll be working 4-7 hours and others 12+. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the employees there they come from alot of diverse backgrounds some of there stories are interesting.
not a great place to work
Cleaning Service (Former Employee) –  Bangor, ME 04401June 15, 2018
I didn't like working for service masters because of the cleaning chemicals that I had to work with. The job sites we went to had no central air so it was always hot.
Pros
there was no pros
Cons
the chemicals
Could have been productive
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 14, 2018
IF they would had more customers maybe would have been more productive. AND another thing is how you deal with people TOO that can be appealing,.I really like that kind of work.Just wanna get treated and paid fair for my work ethics. I'm a hard worker and I take pride in my work, and love getting things done on time. But people who really don't have experience or little experience shouldn't make more money, than the one that has the experience.
Pros
No lunch time
Cons
Short breaks if you got a break
Productive work place
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2018
It was a nice job to work for it's just they started switching up my hours n cutting my days I didn't like that at all I need all my ours n the manager was an pain in the butt
Self pace. Keep you busy.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2018
It was a temporary job for me. Ok job for it being part-time, would have liked more hours and for the company to be more organized. More communication between staff and management would help.
Horrible
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJune 12, 2018
Unorganized, poor management and communication, lack hours for workers, no benefits for employees whether it's part time or full time. Very lazy supervisors and not the best training when you start the job. Overall only good if you really need a job.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No benefits, no lunch breaks, horrible time management
poor place to work
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 11, 2018
I really didn't like working here because of poor management and lack of responsibility and a terrible work environment. I would never recommend anyone there
good part time job
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 10, 2018
vacuum and mop all floors and bathrooms.. the managers are amaizing they are good at working around other job schedules..its a night job so theres not a lot of interaction with people which is good for cleaning purposes. theres not really any hard parts of the typical work day...
Good place to work and learn
Crew chief (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 9, 2018
I started out there right out of hi school. I was trained to do water damage. In 3 years had moved up to crew chief. It was good place to work. Plenty of over time but plenty time off when slow or scheduled vacation. .
Pros
Good crew, managers and support
Amazing
Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 8, 2018
Really good environment and place to work. Love the people there! work days were good and I had an amazing boss. Really outgoing and easy to talk to. It was a great time
fun hard tireding work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Taylorville, ILJune 7, 2018
8 hour days five days a week through summer and on school breaks. Hard dirty jobs. Carpet cleaning house cleaning fire and water damage mold crawlspaces to small construction jobs. Busy everyday and most days worked over eight hours.
Good company to work for
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAJune 7, 2018
I love the work and the company and customers the are about team work . They also realize that people have family and lives outside of the job. And management looks forward to working with the employee
Pros
Lots of quality people
Cons
Distance to work sites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight