ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Found 1,730 reviews matching the search See all 2,051 reviews
work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2018
it was ok job i wish it could have payed more and have been able to keep me at 30-40hr a week over all i like were i work an who i worked for it was a good job
it was pretty decent part time job
Cleaning Tech/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 9, 2018
Really don't have any thing but good things to say. If your looking for a part-time job in the evening hours then this is a good job for you. Basically you'll be cleaning small offices.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSDecember 7, 2018
Environment was nice always clean . Really nice people who work there. And they work with you as far a schedules, they know life happens.Great company with great work ethic.
Good company to work for.
Service Partner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 5, 2018
I liked working for the company, but I did not receive many hours due to it was a part time position. I will recommend others to work for this company. Sometimes you will have access to enter buildings after hours to clean or during business hours.
Pros
I liked the flexibility.
Cons
Part time
Fun Place to work
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 5, 2018
Was always on the road going from job to job. Learned how to further my people skills. Also learned about water damaged. Hardest thing about the job was ripping out the material at the peoples house. Being left alone to rip out material by myself.
Pros
Wasn't someone breathing down my neck all the time
Cons
Laid me off
Productive and fun workplace.
Floor waxer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 3, 2018
I had a blast at Service Master clean.Unfortunately my father was sick and needed me to take care of him.I had to leave.I would recommend Service Master Clean to others.
Pros
Flexible schedule and work hours.
Cons
Not many cons.
Well managed and good environment.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTDecember 2, 2018
Management was understanding and to the point. Willing to help. Listen to your concerns and addressed them. If you had an issue with a coworker, let the boss know and they could address it.
Pros
Willing to help you.
Cons
Don't really having cons
Productivity and management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 2, 2018
Bad management and disorganization, also repeated too many jobs that weren't completed the first time. Felt like I was discriminated againstthe only plus was actually the hours I worked they worked well with my schedule
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Bada gement
Very stressful
Multi Branch Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 29, 2018
Co workers made working for this company tolerable. The business ethic and mission statement was not reflected in upper management's actions and decisions. The customer always came last against the bottom line, the almighty dollar. Sales Department was largely unethical, unrealistic quotas which trickled down to field technicians expected to complete an unrealistic goal. Shoddy work was the norm, which caused a constant overflow of unhappy customers calling into a small network of customer service agents. It was always a go employer, I'd I was between jobs since I was familiar with their practices and they always had high turnover. Today, I would never recommend to someone that cannot tolerate a stressful environment.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Shady work ethics
Loved the people I worked with
Payroll Administrator/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Robinson, TXNovember 27, 2018
Good place to work. Fun when possible yet always focused on getting job done. Very accommodating to employees when having to stay home with sick children.
A great summer job.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJNovember 26, 2018
I took this job as a temporary job, I never received 40 hours a week. The CEO is very careful to make sure no one works a forty hour week. I was a Supervisor but I had to fill many positions when there was a call out. There were times when I wasn’t compensated for working in other departments, that is the reason I am looking for a new job.
Pros
You will have flexibility with your working hours.
Cons
There are no pay increases.
An okay job.
CUSTODIAN-LEAD (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PANovember 24, 2018
The job was great for gaining experience, but as a franchise operation it comes with a host of cons including low pay for employees and at times aggressive management.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
Low pay.
Service Master ensures a Safe and friendly workplace for their employees
Customer Service Associlll (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2018
My review is that Service Master cares about their employees and provides the tools needed to work with ! And reward those who does a great job.You also can choose the Area that you work to fit your convenience Overall Service Master is a Great place to work
Pros
you can get as many hours that you want By helping at other places
Cons
You only can get 30 hours weekly
I had fun here!
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 15, 2018
The job was laid back, co workers were fun, boss was great, and the hours were amazing. Just wish they would pay more at that time. I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Worked alone, basically set your own pace, very understanding supervisors and boss
Cons
Back breaking work. Cleaning looks easy but doing it all night every night wears you down and out.
The position and work requirements within itself is very laid back and stress free.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 14, 2018
Based on my experiences and backgrounds with any and all businesses, there was definitely a lack of structure. Being simply just a crew member, I was never given a list of what was needed of me to do on a daily bases in the different buildings I helped to clean. Although after a couple of days, I familiarize myself with what's needed to be done. However, looking at the turn around daily, with business being so laid back, work isn't getting done properly and adequately. There are crew members that sneak off while still getting paid to work. Plus,I have never had a conversation with anyone in regards to benefits. I never even received a t-shirt which would have shown my reason for being in a business after hours.
Pros
A laid back stress- free position
Cons
No job security, no benefits and poor supervision
My time at ServiceMaster
Access Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2018
My time at ServiceMaster was awesome with the projects I worked, the community service & to the people I worked with everyday. I learned & grew at my time at ServiceMaster.
Pros
Working with other people to get job done on projects
Cons
Need more opportunities
Fast paced cleaning industry
CARPET INSTALLER & CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 12, 2018
Great place in the Roswell area to work. Fast paced industry that was rewarding in a commission based sales with percentages. They do offer hourly though and will work with your needs.
Pros
Great pay and a great boss
Cons
Service calls any hour in the day or night
Very interesting place to work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nash, TXNovember 12, 2018
You never get bored working there. There is always something new to learn everyday. You get paid vacation time & paid holidays off. If you are full time you get a Christmas bonus & they always have Christmas party.
Ambiente pesado de trabajo
Demolición (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 11, 2018
Salí de ese trabajo porque no hay hora fija para el lonche y a veces se trabaja y a veces no pero aún así debemos presentarnos todos los días...
Cons
Mucha política laboral
Not the best
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  maineNovember 10, 2018
No room for advancement unless you are related to the owner. They just continue to add work with no regard for how it will get done. Complain about being paid for overtime, but cannot find employees to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight