ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Found 1,876 reviews matching the search See all 2,223 reviews
Productive and fun place to work
Commercial Territory Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 23, 2019
I gained industry knowledge coming from from a totally different field of business.
My manager was very effective motivating, coaching and advocating for our department. I learned a lot from him about how to keep communication lines opened between departments, and how to advocate the team. He is also also have us focus more on customer retention and improved and we made a great impact on the bottom line.
We have an important line of product and that is a little challenge to learn them all. The most enjoyable part of the job is to get that thank you note or card from a customer satisfied with the solution we designed for his/her business.
A typical day at work:
- check my to do tasks
- check inbox and tackle incoming emails
- Check where I stand with my monthly sales
- list customers that are lagging behind to take action
- Sell
Different experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 23, 2019
In the initial interview for the supervisor position they told me that they would give me all the tools that I needed to succeed and that never happened I usually was working instead of being a supervisor I was always going more than 8 hours
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Pay
They dont work with you when you have family emergencies
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 22, 2019
They dont give you a raise I worked there 5 years and only got a 25 cent raise the whole time I was there and I tried getting family medical leave and they denied it with doctors note
I wouldnt for them ever again
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIMay 21, 2019
They tell you one thing and do something completely different. The boss was very wishy washy not a very good boss I knew more than he did about things. Some things like floors needed to be shampooed never got done they were on the lazy side. I would never work for them you work you tail off for them. You never got a raise. Didn't appreciate what you did
Fun work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 21, 2019
This was a great start for me to get to learn the ropes to move up in the company at Flowers Bakery. Supervisors was great to work for and the employees were great to work with
Worst supervisors ever
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2019
in the beginning when the company was together the supervisors had everything ran straight and moving up into the business was great within 3 months of me being there my first supervisor notice my hard work and promoted me to lead housekeeper, then they split up hired people who nothing about the buildings and gave them supervisor jobs because there husbands are the head supervisor this job is about who they can do anything for them and use them and never pull them up they just like to use you
Pros
very close to home
Cons
they don't reward you for your hard work they just use you
An occupation that can teach life lessons
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 21, 2019
I learned that helping individuals is always a good thing. The working culture is average. The hardest thing to get used to is constant on call labor.
productive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2019
i liked working there. i got to travel. i just did not like dealing with when sewer systems busted in basements.but it was apart of the job so i did what i had to do.
Horrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 21, 2019
They fire you if you’re not related to someone that already works there. Work in horrible conditions with little protection. RUN FROM THIS PLACE! It’s definitely not worth it.
Cons
Loved my time at ServiceMaster!
Learning & Development Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2019
Truly a great place to work - loved my management. Learned a lot while working here. Compensation is great! Would definitely consider working for SVM again in the future.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Commute to downtown Memphis
slow or fast
Tech (Current Employee) –  Merced County, CAMay 20, 2019
dont recommend working here ,never know if you work or not til last min. sometimes its fast , some times its slow. thrown out thtere to work, little training
Poor Management & Leadership
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 20, 2019
If you are looking for an environment that is motivating, rich in culture and values, advancement, proactive, supportive leadership and management then this company is not it. Sure they do some good out and around the community and distract employees with ping pong tables and arcade games but what does any of that do for your career? If growth is what you seek.. Seek elsewhere.
Pros
Close to downtown restaurants, giveaways for local concerts and events
Cons
Poor Management & Leadership, high turnover rate
I'm a good worker always on time n love to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 20, 2019
I was good but not enough pay or benfits period lack of help at work stressed ful but I need to work I always was on time n never late good company not enough workers
Work Place
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2019
I worked for Service Master Clean over the summer, when I wasn't in school. It was a nice work site to work over summer break when I wasn't at college.
Pros
Beautiful Place
Cons
Travel Time
fast paced fun place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 19, 2019
Good experience, good management, all supplies needed for cleaning at locations, I cleaned the a plant for ServiceMaster, cleaning the Break room area, the back pack vacuum, was convenient & easy to use, along with the bathrooms and offices, hard working fun co-workers. Pay is low at $11.00 per hour
Pros
fast paced
Cons
low pay
great job just very busy
Floater (Former Employee) –  Emmaus, PAMay 19, 2019
Low staff to job/building ratio. learned a lot about cleaning and organizing and working with others. the hardest part was working over night. The most enjoyable part is the over time and the work ethic other have.
Productive days
Auxiliary site supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 18, 2019
Scheduling is good and vacation is great giving when requested. Get to meet knew people every day. Are able to participate in fundraising along with FedEX for good cause.
Pros
PTO hours
Cons
short breaks
50 50 chance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAMay 16, 2019
There our two companies under one roof and owner. Some days were great and organized and management had scheduled everything accordingly. Other days it was stressful not enough employees to do jobs and everyone who works there was wearing multiple hats to say.
Pros
Lunch hour flexable, OT optional, pay is fare
Cons
Organization between the two companies
On low Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 14, 2019
Very family oriented and overall just a greay place to work. They are very respectful and helpful to ensure you have the proper training for the job. You always learn new things as you go .
Terrible environment but pay is good.
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 12, 2019
Slow days are slow and busy days will have you working 18-20 hours then will have you to show up on time the next day to do it again. There is little to no advancement. There is obvious nepotism within and management is too blind or unwilling to see it for themselves. They will overwork you all in the name of overtime, which you don't have a choice to refuse. Work/Life balance is none existent. The only positive was the pay but if not for 60-80 hour work weeks it wouldn't be that good. Don't recommend to those who want to advance in their career or have a family.
Pros
good pay
Cons
overworked, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ServiceMaster.

Powered by Comparably