ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Found 1,864 reviews matching the search See all 2,211 reviews
slow or fast
Tech (Current Employee) –  Merced County, CAMay 20, 2019
dont recommend working here ,never know if you work or not til last min. sometimes its fast , some times its slow. thrown out thtere to work, little training
Poor Management & Leadership
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 20, 2019
If you are looking for an environment that is motivating, rich in culture and values, advancement, proactive, supportive leadership and management then this company is not it. Sure they do some good out and around the community and distract employees with ping pong tables and arcade games but what does any of that do for your career? If growth is what you seek.. Seek elsewhere.
Pros
Close to downtown restaurants, giveaways for local concerts and events
Cons
Poor Management & Leadership, high turnover rate
I'm a good worker always on time n love to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 20, 2019
I was good but not enough pay or benfits period lack of help at work stressed ful but I need to work I always was on time n never late good company not enough workers
Work Place
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2019
I worked for Service Master Clean over the summer, when I wasn't in school. It was a nice work site to work over summer break when I wasn't at college.
Pros
Beautiful Place
Cons
Travel Time
fast paced fun place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 19, 2019
Good experience, good management, all supplies needed for cleaning at locations, I cleaned the a plant for ServiceMaster, cleaning the Break room area, the back pack vacuum, was convenient & easy to use, along with the bathrooms and offices, hard working fun co-workers. Pay is low at $11.00 per hour
Pros
fast paced
Cons
low pay
great job just very busy
Floater (Former Employee) –  Emmaus, PAMay 19, 2019
Low staff to job/building ratio. learned a lot about cleaning and organizing and working with others. the hardest part was working over night. The most enjoyable part is the over time and the work ethic other have.
Productive days
Auxiliary site supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 18, 2019
Scheduling is good and vacation is great giving when requested. Get to meet knew people every day. Are able to participate in fundraising along with FedEX for good cause.
Pros
PTO hours
Cons
short breaks
50 50 chance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAMay 16, 2019
There our two companies under one roof and owner. Some days were great and organized and management had scheduled everything accordingly. Other days it was stressful not enough employees to do jobs and everyone who works there was wearing multiple hats to say.
Pros
Lunch hour flexable, OT optional, pay is fare
Cons
Organization between the two companies
On low Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 14, 2019
Very family oriented and overall just a greay place to work. They are very respectful and helpful to ensure you have the proper training for the job. You always learn new things as you go .
Terrible environment but pay is good.
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 12, 2019
Slow days are slow and busy days will have you working 18-20 hours then will have you to show up on time the next day to do it again. There is little to no advancement. There is obvious nepotism within and management is too blind or unwilling to see it for themselves. They will overwork you all in the name of overtime, which you don't have a choice to refuse. Work/Life balance is none existent. The only positive was the pay but if not for 60-80 hour work weeks it wouldn't be that good. Don't recommend to those who want to advance in their career or have a family.
Pros
good pay
Cons
overworked, poor management
Productive work place
Sales Agent/Inside Sales/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 11, 2019
Great job opportunity. I have been working with servicemaster for 7-8 years. I enjoy my supervisor and team. Workplace is laid-back environment. It's room to grow within the company.
Awesome people, culture needs improvement
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 6, 2019
I have enjoyed a flexible work-life balance, but the majority deal with less flexibility. The people have been wonderful, but the support was only there if sought out. ServiceMaster has been cleaning house of all old-school, stubborn leaders which has brought vast improvement to culture and processes, but there is still a long way to go. I have experienced a huge disconnect between the ELT and the front-line employees. Unfortunately I don't feel that the company truly cares about the employees yet, but it is getting better.
Pros
Great people, ping pong, new facilities, autonomy, compensation (for some)
Cons
Poor morale, poor communication, benefits, mentoring, career advancement
Amazing workplace and people friendly
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 30, 2019
I love everything about the job all I can say is you would love it but there was a hard part well for me at least was the buffing and waxing but I got the hang of it and it was amazing we get paid the 1st in the 15th but most didn't like it but other then that is a wonderful job
Pros
Bring our own lunch and vending machines
Cons
Two thirty minute lunch breaks
Very unprfessional
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2019
The. Gentleman thats the head supervisor is controlling with women and unprofessional. You will slave . There's no hr department and its more of a last chance job.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Unprofessional
No hay aumentos
Limpiesa desastres (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 30, 2019
Ultima mente no hay respeto ni buen sueldo nos presionan de masiado
Pros
Si hay pero no nos cubre
Cons
No son comprensibles
Terrible company!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Green Island, NYApril 28, 2019
Terrible company to work for got hired and was laid off a week and a half later. Was fired through text message 30 minutes before shift started . When i called he didn’t answer. Couldn’t give me a valid reason for laying me off. Definitely think discrimination has something to do with it !
Pros
Pay
Cons
The disrespect!
Pro's
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2019
Although this I am a trusted employee of Service Master. I enjoy the opportunity of being a supervisor. I do face a continual turnover of employees. This not due to moral but in transit employee.

The work is a an opportunity for me. I am learning about the corporate environment and the demands of a customer. I enjoy that and most everything position I hold. I would not be honest if all demands are easy
Unless you want to sell things people don't need don't bother.
Universal Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKApril 25, 2019
Micromanaging to the fullest, management never takes responsibility for faults and always has a way to turn it back to being your fault. There is no room for career growth unless you are willing to relocate across the country. Pay plans seems to always change to help the company and hurt the employee. Your best is never good enough, even if you meet 9/10 unrealistic goals you are told how awful of an employee you are constantly threatened with being fired. If you work your tail off and can make sales while you go, you can make decent money but forget having time for your family life.
Pros
Working under little supervision and making your own decisions.
Cons
Micromanaging, frequent pay plan changes, constant beratement by management
Beware of "Management speak"
Manager, Sales Resources and Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 24, 2019
ServiceMaster Management is great at saying all the right things about "valuing their employees" and "promoting from within," but ask anyone works there and they will say the opposite is true.
No one in management is supportive and no employee will speak up for fear of retribution from their direct leadership.

They pay is competitive, but the low morale and constant re-organization (resulting in layoffs and employee confusion) is not worth the money.
Pros
Beautiful location downtown
Cons
No support from management
Easy job with decent pay
cleaning associate (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAApril 24, 2019
Each job location is different but the location I worked at was small and manageable. You are able to work independently and the daily routine is easy to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ServiceMaster.

Powered by Comparably