ServiceMaster Employee Reviews in Memphis, TN

Found 275 reviews matching the search See all 2,246 reviews
I am a part time custodian
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 15, 2019
I was hired by this company through Milestone LLC.
Management is not punctual and my hours are not good. I work 5 days a week and 4hours per day. I am presently employed until I can find better employment.
Pros
Work 20 hours a week
Cons
Not a safe environment for me
Beware
Authorizer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2019
Do not make the same mistake I made. I was hired under false pretenses. They lie to get you in but are quick to let you go. The benefits package is a scam. You’re better off not being insured with the out of pocket cost you have to pay. I was told I would work one day on the weekend, every third weekend but that was a lie. You work the full weekend and holidays too. They do not care if you’re sick with the flu or were in an accident before work. You get 24 points before you’re out the door. That’s 6 points for each missed day. Then you only get 2 personal days per year and you do not accumulate time off. You get half a day to get sick each month but do you know anyone who gets sick for only four hours. Oh and your time does not roll over. In fact if you have children, forget about this job because you’re just a number to them. BTW they are outsourcing to the Philippines so job security is a not so secure anymore.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Work full weekends, every holiday even Christmas
Loved my time at ServiceMaster!
Learning & Development Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2019
Truly a great place to work - loved my management. Learned a lot while working here. Compensation is great! Would definitely consider working for SVM again in the future.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Commute to downtown Memphis
Poor Management & Leadership
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 20, 2019
If you are looking for an environment that is motivating, rich in culture and values, advancement, proactive, supportive leadership and management then this company is not it. Sure they do some good out and around the community and distract employees with ping pong tables and arcade games but what does any of that do for your career? If growth is what you seek.. Seek elsewhere.
Pros
Close to downtown restaurants, giveaways for local concerts and events
Cons
Poor Management & Leadership, high turnover rate
Productive work place
Sales Agent/Inside Sales/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 11, 2019
Great job opportunity. I have been working with servicemaster for 7-8 years. I enjoy my supervisor and team. Workplace is laid-back environment. It's room to grow within the company.
Awesome people, culture needs improvement
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 6, 2019
I have enjoyed a flexible work-life balance, but the majority deal with less flexibility. The people have been wonderful, but the support was only there if sought out. ServiceMaster has been cleaning house of all old-school, stubborn leaders which has brought vast improvement to culture and processes, but there is still a long way to go. I have experienced a huge disconnect between the ELT and the front-line employees. Unfortunately I don't feel that the company truly cares about the employees yet, but it is getting better.
Pros
Great people, ping pong, new facilities, autonomy, compensation (for some)
Cons
Poor morale, poor communication, benefits, mentoring, career advancement
Beware of "Management speak"
Manager, Sales Resources and Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 24, 2019
ServiceMaster Management is great at saying all the right things about "valuing their employees" and "promoting from within," but ask anyone works there and they will say the opposite is true.
No one in management is supportive and no employee will speak up for fear of retribution from their direct leadership.

They pay is competitive, but the low morale and constant re-organization (resulting in layoffs and employee confusion) is not worth the money.
Pros
Beautiful location downtown
Cons
No support from management
Very unprofessional. Managers were very unfair. The manager I had use to make a difference with the employees. Especially the female employees.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2019
You could never get the manager on his phone but if you were a certain female employee he would answer her calls. Seen a lot of backstabbing between the workers and could never get anyone in the coporate office.
Pros
Had to buy your own lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company to work for
Customer Service/Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 4, 2019
I really enjoyed working for the company, it allowed me to work from home for over six years. I would return to work for the company, the only reason I left was because of my degree opportunity
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Job
Collections/ Terminix (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2019
Needs more transparency. Work conditions were fair. Just feel there needs to be more structure within the company. Everyone should be given a fair chance for advancement.
n/a
Corporate Communications /Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2019
N/A - I would like to leave this section blank. I think sometimes upper management makes decisions without asking the employee how they feel or how it will affect people.
cleaning class rooms
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 12, 2019
I cleaned up classrooms and wax floors and made sure warehouse is stocked.
setting up classrooms
stocking my cart for next day
vacuuming floors.
mopping halls.
Not for me
Custodian worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 8, 2019
The manager wasn't right use to talk bout ppl to other workers in they played with ur money every 2 weeks I don't feel like that's a stable working place period
Na
Janitor/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 7, 2019
Good benefits... 401K Dont like the accrued PTO. Good shift. No overtime. Good employees.... nice employees.... steady shift...took too long to receive my work badge.
Good company
Finance (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 6, 2019
Overall a solid company. Pay is above average. Career development needs to be improved to promote from within. Community involvement and volunteer opportunities are great.
Not good place to work
Furniture Medic Brand (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2019
There is a lot of turn over. People are over worked and under paid. Company seldom promotes from within. When people leave they are not replaced. The work is split up and assigned to existing employees. Job responsibilities are added and changed yet no raises or title changes are made.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Too much work to possibly finish in 8 hrs. per day.
I love the school at work at. (Richland Elem.)
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
Fun days at work. I've learned how to wax floors. My Supervisor is pretty cool. Its a mixture of culture. Hardest part is being understaffed. Most enjoyable part is interacting with the kids.
I liked working for Service Master
Sales (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2019
I liked working for Service Master ( Terminix division ) It was my first inside sales position. I liked that they several different methods that you could sell there product. They trained you well and you could make good money if you put your mind to it. I only left Terminix because I was offered my position at International Paper.
Pros
Fun to sell product fast pace
Cons
odd shift hours / Seasonal work slowed down in the winter
simple tasked work days with minimum conflict
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2019
During the time that I was employed at ServiceMaster, I was in high school at the time and was referred to the company through a family member. although my time there was short lived, it was a very good and stable job.
N/a
Customer care/collections (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2019
Typical work day is dealing with many customers a day. Collecting payments and speaking with customers concerning their credit issues. You have to leave all problems at home and go in with a clear mind to stay focused.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight