ServiceMaster Employee Reviews in Memphis, TN

Found 276 reviews matching the search See all 2,278 reviews
Enjoyed co workers and relationships that were built.
TruGreen / Regional Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2018
The flexible scheduling was a benefit along with the corporate events to celebrate employees . The relationships with my co workers were wonderful and lifelong friendships were made. It was a team environment and you could rely on conworkers to assist when needed. I would definitely work for this company again if given an opportunity.
Productive and inviting
Authorization/ call center representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 19, 2018
The atmosphere here was pleasant and welcoming, working here was an enjoyable experience that I will cherish, however do to unfortunate circumstances, my employment ended.
Corporate customer Service
Corporate Customer Service and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2018
Responsible for resolutions for corporate customer service to benefit both customer and company.

Procurement and cost analysis for office and building supplies
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 5, 2018
Working at Terminix was easy but it was not like any call center I ever worked for or since. Actually the finer points of good customer service wasn't taught and wasn't really practiced. In my own opinion, the company needs to have one call resolution and end all the transferring of calls for each application. As a rep 1 we didn't have alot of ways to appease the customer like free visits or anything to offer and the hold times were almost always long and due to that the rep's were not allowed to ease the transfer by being on the line, we had to just leave the customer on hold which in my opinion is NOT good customer service. . The management tried to give employees a good time by having things like cotton candy day , ice cream day, etc(which is a good thing) but when they would have contests or displays they would play it out right there on the call center floor whether you were on the phone or not; (for instance, family feud game on game show day), and you couldn't hear the customer and quality customer service comes by listening to the customer and you have to hear and pay attention to take care of customer needs, one day i complained and upper management called me on the carpet to let me know their displeasure. it just seems to me that the customer really does come last to service master
Pros
smoking area, good insurance
Cons
what you can do for your customer is very limited
Clean up the FedEx building
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2018
This is not a job for people with kids and have bills. You live from pay check to pay check. This job is for retired people. You don't move up in the company no matter how long you been there. And you get a raise like every four to five years
Productive work place
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2018
It was a nice job to work for it's just they started switching up my hours n cutting my days I didn't like that at all I need all my ours n the manager was an pain in the butt
Amazing
Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 8, 2018
Really good environment and place to work. Love the people there! work days were good and I had an amazing boss. Really outgoing and easy to talk to. It was a great time
Opportunity to develop
Director of System Development (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2018
My work at ServiceMaster consisted of developing ideas, procedures and processes that would make our franchisees successful. I then had the opportunity to travel and help them implement these process improvements.
Pros
Freedom to work independently
Cons
Influx of new culture after IPO
Its a call center
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2018
Don't get a lot of motivation from Supervisors. Fast track training and quite a lot of upset customers. I'm looking to leave because I am not making the money in sales that I was promised.
It has great time compensation including: personal, sick, and vacation
Customer Service Representative - My duties are (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2018
It requires patience and a positive attitude to satisfy customer complaints. The call volume tends to be extremely high and fast paced more during the summer as it is the busiest time of the year. A positive attitude helps to get through each call sufficiently.
Great Company with Great Culture
CORPORATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 4, 2018
ServiceMaster has a great company culture and really stands by what it says. The community involvement is awesome and there are so many opportunities to give back!
Poor working enviornment
Corporate Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 17, 2018
Only room for growth is for those that do not challenge their behavior model because the lowest performers are those that are retainined and top performes are given serverance packages go figure. Poor leadership. HR Team is really not up to par.
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
micro managment. poor development for employees
ServiceMaster
Consumer Telesales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2018
Good company to work for! One of the top companies in America. It’s growing and the the job opportunities are great! I would love for the company to focus more on mentoring and developing employees to grow.
Pros
Benefits and Commission is great
Cons
Need to be more relationship oriented and not just numbers driven.
Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2018
I feel as if the manager work together and help their employees that this would be a okay place to work. Also, the lack of pay is not worth all of the work that they have us doing.
Productivity was excellent I like working at the place I was working at
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis TennesseeApril 8, 2018
I enjoyed my hours and I enjoyed this site I work that I'm the only problem was you had managers that manage the whole lot of properties and they were spread really thin so a lot of times you will run out of things and they couldn't get it to you and you know I was kind of frustrating but overall I enjoyed working
Strange Culture
Manager of Insurance Claims (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 4, 2018
Overall a decent company and place to work. A lot of people have different agendas and many meetings and conference calls and nothing ever seemed to get done. Strange culture-hard to say exactly what specifically made it different, but never felt like I fit in.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits.
Cons
Different culture, mis-management
Started good but turned shady
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2018
This was a good place to work 5 years ago but now it's shady and the company culture is toxic. People are so afraid to lose their jobs it's ridiculous. The company is clearly not afraid to take the easy way out and fire anyone who stands up for what's right. The environment is not worth the pay
Good mid-level company. Service industry business with Growth potential
Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2018
Company is moving to embrace new processes, systems and business culture to move into the current US business execution model.

Good leadership.

Moving HQ's to downtown Memphis in the Peabody location. A key employer in Memphis
Pros
Great potential for business growth
Cons
AHS is splitting from SVM. Downtown location will be tough to navigate
Servicemaster is a great place to work
National Accounts Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2018
A typical work day consist of respond and send emails, answering customer questions,preparing spreadsheets, resolve customer issues
pulling contracts. meeting with management with customer updates.
i don't have a hard part of my day. my job is enjoyable
Productive Workplace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNMarch 12, 2018
The work day at Service Master was very productive and easy we basically worked at our own pace. I learned how to care more about how I left my work area when I got finished using it. The management was very fair and polite as long as the staff did what was right we wouldn’t hear from a manager that day. The most hardest part about working as a janitor is cleaning up the bathrooms some days they’re clean and others they’re extremely gross. The people that I worked with were all nice, that was the best part about working at Service Master.
Pros
Long shifts
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ServiceMaster.

Powered by Comparably