ServiceMaster Employee Reviews in Memphis, TN

Found 278 reviews matching the search See all 2,287 reviews
Servicemaster is a great place to work
National Accounts Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2018
A typical work day consist of respond and send emails, answering customer questions,preparing spreadsheets, resolve customer issues
pulling contracts. meeting with management with customer updates.
i don't have a hard part of my day. my job is enjoyable
Productive Workplace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNMarch 12, 2018
The work day at Service Master was very productive and easy we basically worked at our own pace. I learned how to care more about how I left my work area when I got finished using it. The management was very fair and polite as long as the staff did what was right we wouldn’t hear from a manager that day. The most hardest part about working as a janitor is cleaning up the bathrooms some days they’re clean and others they’re extremely gross. The people that I worked with were all nice, that was the best part about working at Service Master.
Pros
Long shifts
Cons
Short breaks
workplace culture
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 8, 2018
I really did like how this company was being operated at the time. it was a bit unorganized. Its was a good experience for me because I got a chance to be a supervisor.
n/a
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis TnMarch 8, 2018
Service master over work you and under pay you, there are some great people that can make a great team there but, the upper management team needs to be revise. At Terminix management cares more about quantity verses quality and I rather work for a company that has first call resolution to keep the company growing and also with that being said keep the customers happy.
Good culture , but a little unfocused at the Top
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 28, 2018
Jumps on the newest technologies and supports life-balance and social work environment. But jumps to the next technology before gaining much benefit from the last improvements
Another call center
Senior Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2018
Just another call center with calls about bugs. The managers hate taking escalated calls.Maybe it is just the company I was working for within service Master
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Short breaks
Janitorial
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2018
Cleaned up after people who didn't care where they left there trash. Washed tables, microwaves, mopped, waxed, cleaned bathrooms where they left any and everything. Just made sure to keep my area clean.
Very nice Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2018
I loved working for service master but it wasnt enough hours very good manager very organized I wasnt able to stay because i was still in school but I have now graduated and looking for work
Love it
Treasury Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 19, 2018
The workplace culture is very relaxed and laid back. Really enjoy coming to work everyday. The management is efficient and I have had an overall enjoyable experience here.
Fun place to work
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoy working here. Management very interactive with employees. My director is very easy to talk. The compensation package is great. Very flexible work schedule.
Servicemaster
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2018
Servicemaster for Terminix is a great place to work Service master for American Homeshield is a stressful place to work and does not pay their employees fairly.
Great group of people to work with, but understaffed and poor management.
IT Administrator lll (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2018
The teams and people are great, however the companies direction changes and the information is not shared with the employees. The benefits are alright, but things could always be better for a company this size.
Pros
Your co workers
Cons
Management style
good work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2018
A typical work day is signing in on the telephone and begin to take calls. I learned lots about sales. How to close a sale more importantly. The management does a great job in making sure they she keeps the center in the proper atmosphere and the work culture is awesome, very diverse. The hardest part of the job is selling when its the "slower" part of the year and the most enjoyable part is the interaction between myself and the customer and myself and my co-workers.
Sales
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 1, 2018
I was responsible for handling both inbound and outbound sales calls for tmx pest control. I loved everything about the job. I would love to be apart of their staff again.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
N/a
Room for Advancement
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 29, 2018
I applied with this company seeking a part time customer service position.
Within the first 3 months I was offered a full time position with a promotion to a different department which also came with a raise and benefits.

Within the next 6 months I was offered another promotion with pay increase. At this time I have become a asset to the company. The customer compliments I received daily for my customer service became the highlight of my day.
Along with the help of a great MGM team to push me with my decision making to assure one call resolution.
Became second nature and earned me a lot of awards and employee of the month luncheons with MGM team.
I topped out at Level 5 Customer Service which is the highest level. At this time my MGM team encouraged me to move forward as a Supervisor. All in 3 years.
Due to personal health issues, I had to leave.

Smiley
Pros
coffee was always available to get your day going
It’s A Easy Job and You’ll Have Good Work Experience Leaving
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day at work is the usually you come in clock in and get your day started make sure that you have all you supplies and everything but I learn a lot about this job because it give you experience for your next job if you plan on leaving the hardest part about the job is when you have to move all the desks and stuff out of all the classes by yourself but as far as that the job is easy and you’ll get it done in a fast pace
Great for college students
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2018
There is no job security but that is typical for a call center. The best part is the sales blitzes. The worst part is the pay. Call center environment was a tad bit stressful
Pros
Sales incentives
Cons
No growth opportunities
owners...
ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2018
good luck, they hire just about anyone and your bosses will throw you under the bus.. this starts at the top and goes down to the supervisors. honesty is not their best policy
Multiple companies
Director Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 9, 2018
The company is comprised of several company/brands. Focus can be too heavy on one brand hindering growth and opportunity in other brands. Publicly traded company with leaders who focus on thier individual success not that of those who serve and are deadicated to the company and its customers.

Good company to use as stepping stone to something better
Benefits to expensive
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 26, 2017
ServiceMaster was very stressful place to work. Benefits were to expensive and pay was very low. Culture was not clebrated. Work life balance was not heard of. You had to stay and work until it was completed.
Pros
Cons
Benefits to expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ServiceMaster.

Powered by Comparably