ServiceMaster Employee Reviews in Wichita, KS

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 2,253 reviews
Micro managed very badly
Customer service and cold-calling (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 20, 2018
Not a very friendly place to work, owner was to involved in day to day business with sales people. Would let them do their jobs without participation.
Complacent
Restoration and cleaning team member (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 15, 2017
not sure if it was a employee thing but seniority played a big roll in this company, crew workers were down to a minimum,partially due to a slow amount of hours they are acceptable to a multiple work balance
janitorial job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 11, 2017
I only work at Service Master as needed it was just a part time job, I only worked after the concert at Intrust bank Arena after the concert, I do not like the hours,
Pros
No benefits at all
Cons
short breaks
Great Company with potential for advancement
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 23, 2017
i have the pleasure of working for a company who embraces customer service. The associates that I have encountered while working for this company have made a permanent impact in my life. This was the only job that I have had that allowed for a family/work life balance.

There was room for growth and I have had the wonderful opportunity of holding several various roles for the company and have been allowed to grow accordingly. The hardest part of the job is knowing that we are helping others that often find themselves in less that pleasant and often devastating times.
Back breaking work with rewarding experience.
Fire Restoration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2017
This job required a lot of hard work, from fire loss,water loss, sewer loss, mold remediation and crime scene removal. The tough situations and jobs gave me a wide rang of knowledge.
Great co-workers
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 3, 2017
Co-workers were wonderful to work with and very friendly. Management personnel was understanding and supportive. The work environment was more like a family.
Fun but busy place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 1, 2017
Servicemaster is a good career option for people who don't mind working all different hours and going through an on-call rotation. Very busy atmosphere.
Don't know what you made
Job Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 13, 2017
Hours are not guaranteed they have a pay system you have Know clue what you are getting payed the only thing you can figure out is your hours. they do not keep workers very will.
productive
Solo Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 23, 2016
service master is a very good for a person that can work 3th shift after a event at the arena's . you work with a good size team of people that's very nice and friendly .
Pros
good work time for 3 shift
productive movement
Crew Memeber (Former Employee) –  4821 N Hydraulic St, Wichita, KS 67219February 26, 2016
as soon as your on the job you get ready to head out for the job, on the job your always busy never still, supervisors were always busy and you have to manage your own work and team work was always available the hardest part after long hours sleep was much needed most enjoyed part was you were never left alone unless you were out on a call request spring and summertime was the time there were work
Pros
always helped
Cons
most days out of the month there was no work
Extremely hard work with long hours
Disaster Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 7, 2015
A typical day did not exist. I was required to do anything they asked, which could have been: residential/commercial carpet cleaning, fire/water damage restoration, and HVAC cleaning.

I learned the meaning of tough labor and working for every dollar you got paid.

My co-workers were great, but management was awful. We worked 12 hour days consistently, plus a lot of overtime.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours and being on call throughout the night
good worklpace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 17, 2015
a typical day at this job was just getting my crew members settled in and make sure they know what they are suppose to be doing. I usually answer all calls over the radio that comes to us and make sure the calls get taking care of in a timely manner. I learned a lot working here it was my first job so I seen and learned a lot I've got promoted to the highest which was Project Manager. the management was very good at first but it just went all down hill the last year or so ago. I would probably say the hardest part if the job was doing an outstanding job but still manage to get a complaint about something but the most enjoyable part was showing up every time and seeing my crew members.
Workable hours and conditions.
Part Time - Cleaning. (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 24, 2014
Work includes cleaning over 100 offices, 7 bathrooms, 3 conference rooms and the break room. To be done in 3 hours.
To work efficiently and quick.
Management, well, I've been there 4 1/2 years and am on my 7th manager.
Co-workers are all good, honest and eager to please the customer.
Hardest part Is dealing with management and time constraints.
Working with the people who occupy the building while I am cleaning. They are GREAT!
Pros
Get to pick my hours, within reason.
Cons
Too much work to be completed effeciently in the time allowed.
im very close to a few people there,its a pretty laid back place to work
fire restoration technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 6, 2013
on a typical day i would clean contents in the shop,mostly contents from a house,other times from busineses,its very detailed work,i had to use q-tips,toothbrushes,ect.i learned to be very detailed,its not ordinary cleaning.i learned alot about smoke&odor how to clean it off contents&structure,the management was fair most of the time,i pretty much got along with co-workers,im really close to a couple of them.the hardest part of this job was being around soot,being dirty from the soot,the smell,even though i got used to it.also it was hard seeing people in tears after losing alot of their belongings,the best part was seeing the customer's reaction when the get their contents back clean! or after cleaning there house or business.
Pros
pretty good pay, no weekend work, well every now&then on saturday
Cons
have to rent our own uniforms that come out of our check
Work
Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 8, 2012
I must say that I did learn alot under the management But it does have it's down fall during the winter time