ServiceMaster Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Found 98 reviews matching the search See all 2,222 reviews
They dont work with you when you have family emergencies
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 22, 2019
They dont give you a raise I worked there 5 years and only got a 25 cent raise the whole time I was there and I tried getting family medical leave and they denied it with doctors note
Worst supervisors ever
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2019
in the beginning when the company was together the supervisors had everything ran straight and moving up into the business was great within 3 months of me being there my first supervisor notice my hard work and promoted me to lead housekeeper, then they split up hired people who nothing about the buildings and gave them supervisor jobs because there husbands are the head supervisor this job is about who they can do anything for them and use them and never pull them up they just like to use you
Pros
very close to home
Cons
they don't reward you for your hard work they just use you
Very unprofessional. Managers were very unfair. The manager I had use to make a difference with the employees. Especially the female employees.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2019
You could never get the manager on his phone but if you were a certain female employee he would answer her calls. Seen a lot of backstabbing between the workers and could never get anyone in the coporate office.
Pros
Had to buy your own lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Loved the job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMarch 31, 2019
I loved my job. But I was only there like a year. The reason for this is because the supervisor I started with quit. The new one came in and wanted me to change everything and gave me less hours to do it. I told him general cable wouldn't go for it. So he didn't like that I told him that. So he fired me. I told him they would loos the contract if he changed anything. Two weeks after he fired me they loosed the contract.
Pros
Love the work
Cons
No benefits
I love Service Master
Cleaning Maid (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 15, 2019
I love the company of service master. The manager at the time was awesome. I loved who I worked with. I would say that it was scary to work in a huge building at night. But the work was good and easy
Pros
good people
Cons
not great hours
I love the school at work at. (Richland Elem.)
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
Fun days at work. I've learned how to wax floors. My Supervisor is pretty cool. Its a mixture of culture. Hardest part is being understaffed. Most enjoyable part is interacting with the kids.
Over worked and under paid
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJFebruary 9, 2019
Upper management is so far removed from the daily task, working employees into the ground for profit. Profits that aren't shared and rarely promote from withiin, a revolving door of managers and employees.
Pros
good work concept
Cons
Concerned about profit not people
A very productive enivorment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 21, 2019
It was a productive place to work. The management was not good no interacting with the employees. Strong and demanding place to work with very little supplies.
Pros
Productive and sometime relaxed
Cons
Lack of commuction with the employess.
fast paced but laid back environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2019
Work was fast paced but it was a very easy job. I learned about different cleaning supplies for different objects. Management was pretty good. The workplace culture was good as well i worked with many different cultures. The hardest part about the job was that some of the cleaning supplies didn't get the job done. They used cheap products that would leave objects and other furniture with smudges on them.Our hours were cut due to inclement weather a lot and we weren't paid time and a half for holidays.The most enjoyable part about the job was that I didn't work with a bunch of people, it was job that you did by yourself so it was very peaceful and quiet.
Pros
peaceful environment
Cons
cut hours
Career to Retirement just Not worth it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 11, 2019
Cleaning classrooms and other facility areas in a school is very manageable.
Bathrooms are done daily and Floors are mopped every other day
I hate that there is no holiday pay for all holidays only 4 through the year.
Pros
Supervisor with attitude
Cons
You wait 6 days on paycheck through the Mail if you dont have direct deposit
productive fast paced place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 5, 2019
service master was fast paced. the only hard part about the job is trying to keep up the the demands of the job. what i liked about the job was that it gave me the ability to learn how to drive a fork lift.
Bad experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILDecember 19, 2018
I would not recommenf service master to anyone. They were very unorganized and their contracts was being pulled due to non communication with the managers.
Great company to work for!!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 13, 2018
I enjoy working for ServiceMaster!!! Great people/great company. The company rewards you with gifts that you can win but you must meet the requirements..
Productive and fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Marion, MSNovember 5, 2018
There is nothing to say if you want to work for nothing. It does not matter what i say i dont work there anymore. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Pros
work alone
Cons
not enough
A nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 1, 2018
I really liked it there it was a really relaxing job I moved at my own pace I pulled trash and I was also doing a little extra things the people we all friendly
A typical day at work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Watseka, ILOctober 29, 2018
Working with ServiceMaster is good place to work. They will work with you if you need days off. The company strives to keep their name respectful. so I strive to work hard to keep the name respectful.
Pros
Spring and summer
Cons
Fall and winter
N/a
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 1, 2018
Don’t have anything much to say except I like the job itWhat I needed and flexible. They were pleasant to work withThey taught me a lot the boss and management or enjoyment and pleasure to be around it was a Creer that you’d want to father in and become more in that companyThe time and effort into it
Productive and fun environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 1, 2018
It was a productive but fun work environment. We weren’t pressured to get our job done. The staff there were really friendly. Sometimes they would reward us for our work.
Pros
They never rushed you to get your job done
Cons
Not enough hours.
Good for supplement
Commercial housekeeping (Former Employee) –  South Portland, ME 04106September 24, 2018
I don't really remember much from my days at ServiceMaster. We tended to jump from one account to the next. I saw my supervisor often as they would do routine inspections on your work.
The Job was a relaxed job.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 10, 2018
To whom it may concern:

My Good day would include when I wasn't stressed out and would go to work Ready and willing to work. The job was laid back and required cleaning offices and pulling all trash.
Pros
hours were great along with the days they offered.
Cons
The pay wasn't enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight