ServiceMaster Employee Reviews for Janitor

Found 243 reviews matching the search See all 2,205 reviews
Easy job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 4, 2019
Very easy and nothing to worry about. I would clock in and get to work and finish either before or on time because there is nothing that will distract you.
Horrible Company!!!
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 31, 2019
Horrible company to work for. I didn't like the work so I quit but they never even paid me for the time I did work! I left 3 voicemails in the office and nothing! They did send out my tax return papers, but never my check!!!
Fun and Enjoyable Team
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 26, 2019
I loved working for Them in Meridian. I enjoyed my Supervisor and team. They're willing to do what they can to Help you with succeeding in your work.I would recommend anybody to work for a Company that has alot of Morals about there Business.
Pros
Great Team Managment
Cons
Temp Job
Not a good place to work
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 26, 2019
Job is easy if you work by yourself. I wouldn’t recommend working in a team because the people I worked with were lazy and took all the credit for my work. There is too much special treatment for family relations.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No benefits, not enough hours, poor management.
Self taught work environment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 17, 2019
It was late night job shifts at buildings cleaning usually two floor buildings. Not enough cleaning supplies, and low salaries for time spent cleaning.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Far locations
It was a great company to work for
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 17, 2019
My overall review was great, I made my own hours worked alone and at my own pace. I learned a lot about commercial cleaning. It was very time consuming
service master
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDMarch 14, 2019
great people to work for! Friendly and understanding when sick. flexible schedule made it easy to work around my full time job. only down fall was no benefits or paid time off.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no paid time off or benifits
Na
Janitor/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 7, 2019
Good benefits... 401K Dont like the accrued PTO. Good shift. No overtime. Good employees.... nice employees.... steady shift...took too long to receive my work badge.
Ok place
Janitoral tech (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 21, 2019
I work for service Master twice both times at a different place They would be better if they would actually hire people are all willing to do the job and not just there for a paycheck
cool
Commercial Janitorial tech (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 8, 2019
a typical work day consist of cleaning office space, areas , dusting, taking out trash. cleaning windows , and keeping track of monthly weekly task. o
Pros
relaxed enviornment
Cons
less hours
Good company to work with clients are great, managemt are great
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 24, 2019
A typical day at work with exceptions, helping at other accounts, learn how to clean fire / water damage homes. supply transportation for different accounts.
Pros
supply transportation to accounts, three hour of over time
Cons
No benefits nor advancements
service masters
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAJanuary 23, 2019
you cleaned offices and bathroom for business and took trash out and made sure everything was in order for them to start their day each week. I cleaned may different offfices
overflow of joh
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day was very relaxed. You worked at your own pace. Management was very professional. The job was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you had little or no supervision.
work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2018
it was ok job i wish it could have payed more and have been able to keep me at 30-40hr a week over all i like were i work an who i worked for it was a good job
Good company to work for.
Service Partner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 5, 2018
I liked working for the company, but I did not receive many hours due to it was a part time position. I will recommend others to work for this company. Sometimes you will have access to enter buildings after hours to clean or during business hours.
Pros
I liked the flexibility.
Cons
Part time
a good job,
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IANovember 3, 2018
working for service master for the most part was a great experience, that i am thankful for, i was able to gain a lot of knowledge during my time there
Janitor
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIOctober 19, 2018
It was alright for a part time job. Not long hours, but decent pay for the work. Could have used more hours so it wasn't perfect, but for a quick little part time job it was worth the time and effort put in.
Great and friendly atmosphere
Janitor/ Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 12, 2018
Love working at Service Masters. Friendly co-workers and a good work pace. I have been treated more than fair and would highly recommend this employer.
Good starting job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 11, 2018
The managers that I had were amazing. The hours that I worked were perfect for someone who wants to work either 2nd or 3rd shift. At the time I needed more hours but because I was still in school they could only provide certain buildings to clean only working about 16 hours a week.
Pros
Great management and a great starter job
Cons
Just not enough hours
Cleaning service, always had supplies to do job efficiently, not alot of interaction with supervisors, trust that you could and would do great job on
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAOctober 6, 2018
Had a great supervisor, owners wife not so much, always had supplies to work efficiently. I liked that they trusted me to work alone and do job efficiently, no babysitting. Although when client wanted extra cleaning, ex : 30mini blinds cleaned, you were not given extra time to do so. In this aspect they should've have bid job differently. All in all, if owners wife didn't need "more of, or better than", it was a good place to work. Wish them the best
Pros
Work alone, broad range of when you could go in to clean
Cons
Part time, owners felt when extra work had to do it within already allowed time, Not good judgement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ServiceMaster.

Powered by Comparably