ServiceMaster Employee Reviews for Restoration Technician

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 2,220 reviews
Good company!
Disaster Restoration/Carpet cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 11, 2019
Great place to work!
Great summer job!
Great coworkers and fun place to work!
I remember there always being a BBQ or picnic in the summer for the employees.
Great work culture, not so great wages
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MichiganFebruary 22, 2019
I personally loved working with my coworkers. I enjoyed the closeness but left due to no career advancement opportunities. I would say that the pay is definitely not enough. When you are required to scrub surfaces with a toothbrush or q-tip or stand on a 20ft ladder on a stair landing in order to clean a chandelier or even working in a house with nothing but a couple space heaters in the winter you should be paid more than the $10.89 that they offer.
Pros
Small close knit employees
Cons
Wages
Ok
Water Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 14, 2019
I liked that I got a certificate but I don't feel like they really cared for their employees, I had a personal matter I needed to tend to and didn't get much sympathy
comfortable work envirornment and fast paced
Water Damage Technician (Former Employee) –  Diamond Springs, CAJanuary 27, 2019
my reveiw for service master is that it is a good job to have and teaches good skills.when work was in abundance thw job enviroment was fast paced and comfortable.
Pros
comfortable environment and learning new things
Cons
not a lot of work
Great work environment
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 22, 2019
Great work environment in a clean facility with helpful and nice coworkers. I enjoyed my time at this job immensely and would highly recommend it to others.
Pros
Christmas party, pto
Cons
On call
Great team to work with but a few bad applesninnthe bunch.
Mold Remediator Lead/ Water Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 12, 2019
This is a solid company that has been in business for 20 plus years with a strong marketing team. Management is fair but their is an underlying factor of favortism.
Fun Place to work
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 5, 2018
Was always on the road going from job to job. Learned how to further my people skills. Also learned about water damaged. Hardest thing about the job was ripping out the material at the peoples house. Being left alone to rip out material by myself.
Pros
Wasn't someone breathing down my neck all the time
Cons
Laid me off
Long and stressful hours with little pay
Water Restoration Technician/ Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Citrus County, FLOctober 12, 2018
They expect so much of you for little pay and no benefits. there was no time for my family or social life. they are always understaffed, over worked and under payed.
Pros
Ot
Cons
takes out lunch even if they work you through it. no benifites
Great insudstry
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COOctober 8, 2018
Great opportunity to make a good living and help people in need. The job can be very stressful at times but it is very rewarding to be able to help people that are experiencing a disaster in their home.
MOLD, WATER, FIRE, DIESASTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 18, 2018
The Rome service master is the worst cut throat company ive ever worked for don't know why I stayed there a year no raise NO PROMOTIONS. People trying to kill each other owner was way over his head didn't pay attention to people are issues . company would never get us certified in anything even though they had the classes and money to do so but the employees and staff where good people but the bosses where hard to deal with.
Poor
Restoration Technician (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VASeptember 10, 2018
I would not recommend this jobs to anyone poor work environment. Management is poor and unreliable. The only aspect of this job that is positive is the compensation
not a place Id recommend
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 8, 2018
I worked at that company for 2 years no raise no benefits. it sucked bad the management were secretly racist and selfish had no care for anyone. Job felt humiliating.
Pros
Cons
everything
Work here is ok
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Elida, OHAugust 9, 2018
Workin for servicemaster was and ok job some of the people out there think they kniw everything and dont know a lick about any job there on they put people where people shouldn't be working
Cons
Not a good place to work at all
Water Mitigation Technician (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAJune 20, 2018
This company is terribly run, they rip customers off, they do not provide you with the tools to do your job nor do they maintain their shop. The owners are complete idiots and everyone there is a yes man running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
The People there are fun to work with
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYMay 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working there but when it came time for my raise I did not agree to what they were offering so I had to part ways with them and find something better
If you love crawling in poo, this is the job for you!
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2018
They loved to put you into poo. Just crawling around in poo. I hated it. They where very unappreciative. Low pay and horrible attitude. Loved my coworkers to death, but management was a nightmare.
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Hours where horrible, so was managers
Hope for the best
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 11, 2018
A typical days work was very stressful. I did gain a lot of knowledge in the restoration field from the guys I worked with on a daily basis. The company as a whole is going in a repetitive circle that I could no longer be apart of. There are some great people at this company and I wish they could see the light. The best part was the friendship I gained with the technicians out in the field.
Pros
Experience gained
Cons
Turnover rate is ridiculous
Terrible
Restoration technician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 4, 2018
Terrible place to work, mismanagement of employees and jobs and all the demand they have of you going out of town and out of state. Owners are a joke and expect you to be a robot without a brain...
NIce
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 20, 2018
It was a good place to work, scheduling is difficult because the hours are not consistent. The people there are very friendly and awesome to work with
Steady Job employment
Water Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  GaMarch 8, 2018
Typical day at work varies based on amount of work coming to the office. commission based job. Management ok but not the greatest. Hardest part of the job is the on call.
Pros
flexbile hours
Cons
on call, threats to health, wether conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ServiceMaster.

Powered by Comparably