ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Found 1,874 reviews matching the search See all 2,222 reviews
Great Leadership
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2019
Very solid company with clear goals and expectations. Overall, this was a great place for me to really begin my corporate career. I enjoyed my boss and colleagues.
Pros
Cons
growth
Easy job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 4, 2019
Very easy and nothing to worry about. I would clock in and get to work and finish either before or on time because there is nothing that will distract you.
good on paper
RECONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 3, 2019
The jobs offered through servicemaster promise things that aren't delivered. They also set expectations of advancement and promotion that don't get followed through on. Overall most of the coworkers are enjoyable to work with, however they all share the same company sentiments.
Started out fine.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 2, 2019
Work was good. Flexible hours

started working with a team and eventually had 5 buildings to myself. pending of the contract was pending what day I worked. I liked the management and my supervisor. My supervisor was active and helpful.

Management and supervisor shifted and it went downhill from there. they eventually let me go when I was taking a vacation, telling me I didn't fill out proper paperwork that I didn't know of and was never given when I asked for coverage for certain days.
Pros
Flexible Hourse
Cons
Poor Management
Loved the job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMarch 31, 2019
I loved my job. But I was only there like a year. The reason for this is because the supervisor I started with quit. The new one came in and wanted me to change everything and gave me less hours to do it. I told him general cable wouldn't go for it. So he didn't like that I told him that. So he fired me. I told him they would loos the contract if he changed anything. Two weeks after he fired me they loosed the contract.
Pros
Love the work
Cons
No benefits
na
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEMarch 31, 2019
please feel free to reach out to me regarding particular questions. very difficult to get a set number of hours-very variable. can not plan too much ahead since you will not know your schedule day to day. makes it difficult for work/life balance
Horrible Company!!!
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 31, 2019
Horrible company to work for. I didn't like the work so I quit but they never even paid me for the time I did work! I left 3 voicemails in the office and nothing! They did send out my tax return papers, but never my check!!!
Job
Collections/ Terminix (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2019
Needs more transparency. Work conditions were fair. Just feel there needs to be more structure within the company. Everyone should be given a fair chance for advancement.
Horrible place to work!!!
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMarch 28, 2019
They will lie to you about your pay. They told me I’d start between 10.50 and 12.70 and then started me at minimum wage. I got a raise after 90 days but it was only 25 cents. I was worked so hard at one point that I was blacking out on my feet following a 20 hour shift with only one 20 minute break. They say they offer benefits but give nothing. No dental, medical, 401k, nothing. They will lie through their teeth to get you roped in and then try to make you believe they are your only choice for employment. DONT WORK HERE I worked overtime every week and still couldn’t even afford a small rundown apartment.
Pros
You make friends sometimes
Cons
Not the job for me too unorganized and childish games are played.
Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOMarch 27, 2019
The service master I worked for the managers were very sexist and there didn't seem to be room for advancement. I enjoyed the excitement of something new daily.
Pros
Interesting jobs sometimes.
Cons
Unorganized
Fun and Enjoyable Team
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 26, 2019
I loved working for Them in Meridian. I enjoyed my Supervisor and team. They're willing to do what they can to Help you with succeeding in your work.I would recommend anybody to work for a Company that has alot of Morals about there Business.
Pros
Great Team Managment
Cons
Temp Job
Good work experience/ lots of hours
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 26, 2019
If you are willing to work this is a great job if you dont mind working long hours and plenty of overtime at all hours of the day and night, they have an on call schedule that can get very hectic
Pros
Hours/ experience
Cons
On call
Not a good place to work
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 26, 2019
Job is easy if you work by yourself. I wouldn’t recommend working in a team because the people I worked with were lazy and took all the credit for my work. There is too much special treatment for family relations.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No benefits, not enough hours, poor management.
Sucks
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 26, 2019
Never would work for them again. Don't train you good enough expect you to do a lot in a little time. Had to use own vehicle more then they said didn't get money back for that.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
very stressful place to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 25, 2019
This is a company that doesn't pay the right amount to the employees They hire people with little or no skills to pay them less. It is a very stressful environment people comes and go. I worked as as a project manager, while I was working there they let go the general manager and another project manager resigned. I ran 18 crew members and up to 30 projects by my self. I asked for a raise often and I was ignored. instead they hire after almost two years of cleaning up the company with bad habits of the employees and saving and making the company money they decided to hire two other managers. After they hire a new general manager she came with a lot of authority and fire me for writing up two employees that were not producing or working , they fire me with no appreciation or any consideration of what I did for the company. They fired me for doing my job.
Do not work here!!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 25, 2019
They do not pay you how they are suppose too! The owner will pocket your overtime and treat you like dirt and make you feel like you owe him. I loved my coworkers
Pros
Cons
everything
work
Cleaning Tech (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 21, 2019
i did my job with proud for my boss can be happy with my work i had good experience in this position and i keep it for good for some other job in the time to come
Cool nice workplace
Custodian worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 20, 2019
By thy sending u to an warehouse to do work it cool cause da other people around u brace u n thy work hard and role wit da flow because of u being yourself
Incredibly stessfull and inconsistent
Window cleaner, carpet and floor cleaner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2019
Nearly impossible to plan for anything during the week due to each day being different. One day is a 14 hour shift, the next day might be 6 hours. exposure to a large amount of harsh chemicals and working environments with no additional compensation, including dangerous heights on ladders for window cleaning. sloppy and unorganized office leads to mistakes on jobs that were easily preventable. Such as not notifying customers when we are suppose to show up and arriving unannounced. We are to receive 30 minutes for lunch everyday, but often we are unable to, because we drive all over town. Our lunch starts as soon as our first job is done and doesn't allow for travel time to our next job. so it's usually just a 10-15 minute break so we can make it on time.
service master
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMarch 18, 2019
service master was a decent place to work for the most part
it started going down hill when a new manager started. it was a decent paying job in the beginning but she was horrible about giving rasises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ServiceMaster.

Powered by Comparably