ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Found 1,875 reviews matching the search See all 2,222 reviews
Not good place to work
Furniture Medic Brand (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2019
There is a lot of turn over. People are over worked and under paid. Company seldom promotes from within. When people leave they are not replaced. The work is split up and assigned to existing employees. Job responsibilities are added and changed yet no raises or title changes are made.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Too much work to possibly finish in 8 hrs. per day.
Hostile work environment
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 1, 2019
Improper Language to you or around you, Being hung up on by management, lied to by management , mimicking you in front of peers, work items thrown in your direction
Pros
Friends
Cons
Hours
Great place to work.
Maintenance- General Floors to Bathrooms (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, WIMarch 1, 2019
The work experince was great, but not for every one. The supervisor is okay to work with, along with the co- workers. The cleaning eqiupment could use some more work.
Great place to work if you only need a few dollars
Professional Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 28, 2019
Typical cleaning job. Involves sweeping, vacuuming, moping, dusting, trash removal. Some detail work is required once a month. Some locations work in teams while others can be solo locations.
Pros
Schedules to fit your schedule.
Cons
Demanding
It sucks
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2019
At first I thought it was a great job don't get me wrong I love working with some of my coworkers but the pace sucks you work your butt off for practically nothing they give you no paid vacations no holidays no nothing no raises no benefits no insurance health insurance nothing definitely feel like they do not care about their employees all they care about is making their money in their pocket that is why they cannot keep workers
Pros
Cons
I finally got out of there and now i got a really good job
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Great place to have worked, it was like working with your family. Opportunity given to advance and learn all aspects of the job. Friendly atmosphere, enjoyed my job and co-workers as well.
Ok pay but long hrs
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Terry, MSFebruary 26, 2019
Hard work not enough pay to many problems with the management team but the crew I did work with I loved we all got a long but we all couldn't keep working do long and hard with little pay
Cons
Productive, fast paced, lots to learn and room to grow.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA 93003February 26, 2019
Servicemaster offers plenty of opportunity to learn and grow and work in multiple fields to expand your knowledge. Allowing to learn how to properly pack out homes and businesses, help with water damage mitigation, mold remediation and fire cleanups.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to learn and grow, versatile work environment, meet new people on daily basis.
Cons
Always on the move, long hours
Gained experience.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 25, 2019
I learned to rip out all flooring after water damage and fire. I learned to clean up mold underneath housing. Best thing about this job is that it gave me experience to move on to something better.
Tough job, great company
Crew Cheif (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 24, 2019
Service Master was a great company to work for. The restoration business is a tough one, they go out of their way to take care of their people and make sure everyone is good.
Factory
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAFebruary 23, 2019
I walked alot and cleaned just about everything im picky when it comes to cleaning and in a factory it gets dirty very fast. I cleaned a great ammount of totes which they were very satisfied about and McKesson love how I cleaned tbe offices.
Great work culture, not so great wages
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MichiganFebruary 22, 2019
I personally loved working with my coworkers. I enjoyed the closeness but left due to no career advancement opportunities. I would say that the pay is definitely not enough. When you are required to scrub surfaces with a toothbrush or q-tip or stand on a 20ft ladder on a stair landing in order to clean a chandelier or even working in a house with nothing but a couple space heaters in the winter you should be paid more than the $10.89 that they offer.
Pros
Small close knit employees
Cons
Wages
Not bad
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 21, 2019
Company wasn't bad, just used as a way to re-enter the work force. Direct supervisor was lazy, but fair with his people. I would not go back to the company, but I have no ill feelings.
Ok place
Janitoral tech (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 21, 2019
I work for service Master twice both times at a different place They would be better if they would actually hire people are all willing to do the job and not just there for a paycheck
Fun Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 19, 2019
Is a great place to work, just hard to live off of the current salary and maintain a family and kids. Not making enough to move onto the next steps in my life unfortunately. If I was I would stay, but I have been here for years and I feel as though it is time to move on and try new things.
Ok Company
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 18, 2019
ok company, the drive there employees to hard in my opinion,Training could be better and more to the point, there is a large turn over, with some workers returning at a latter date
I love Service Master
Cleaning Maid (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 15, 2019
I love the company of service master. The manager at the time was awesome. I loved who I worked with. I would say that it was scary to work in a huge building at night. But the work was good and easy
Pros
good people
Cons
not great hours
Ok
Water Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 14, 2019
I liked that I got a certificate but I don't feel like they really cared for their employees, I had a personal matter I needed to tend to and didn't get much sympathy
I love the school at work at. (Richland Elem.)
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
Fun days at work. I've learned how to wax floors. My Supervisor is pretty cool. Its a mixture of culture. Hardest part is being understaffed. Most enjoyable part is interacting with the kids.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 10, 2019
My experience at work is going to help the team to work and getting better and the kitchen teamwork is the best way to start a new career great management and company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ServiceMaster.

Powered by Comparably