ServiceNow

ServiceNow Employee Reviews

United States171 reviews

snackgrowingculturetechnologyvisionproductbalanceteam

Good Management

I was welcomed upon working but after a few weeks most people kept to themselves. Manager was super helpful whenever I encountered an issue or dilemma I couldn't figure out.

Very inclusive and supportive management and co-workers, everyone is willing to pitch in in support of everyone else, workflows are contingent upon a fully collaborative effort by all, and everyone steps up to the plate.

Pros

Supportive management and coworker

ServiceNow insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fast paced, good products, strong leadership

It’s a fast paced environment with continuous churn out of new and diverse products. Culture is pro employee, open and transparent. Senior leadership has a good vision. Work life balance can be an issue given high expectations of delivery. Overall a great place to be at.

Supportive place to work

Had a great experience at ServiceNow. Team was welcoming and supportive of my career growth and development. Lots of benefits included and great compensation

Amazing

Working at ServiceNow has been such a great experience and an amazing boost to my career. So many great benefits and a very respectable wage. Overall, the ServiceNow product is very cool and just a great overall company to be at!

Political and backstabbing

The company has a good intention to listen to employee feedback. However when 360 feedback is used for beyond growth and development, but also tied with promotion and performance review, suddenly some people found a powerful manipulation tool to gain power and influence by badmouthing people behind their back.When others seeing this being effective, it spreads quickly like a cancer disease. It is very dysfunctional.

Pros

Diversity and inclusion events

Cons

Political and backstabbing

OK place to start

My job title is software engineer but I write so little code in my day to day work. Very unstable internal tools that really slows things down. WLB is ok in general, pay is not so good.

Amazing company

Overall, ServiceNow is a great company! It’s the Ivy League of corporate; great compensation, amazing benefits, work life balance is topnotch and the culture is what we all are looking for.However, there are departments that have individuals in their mid-late twenties managing teams with members who are more mature and therefore should be managed accordingly (which doesn’t seem to be the case).If you land on a great team; you’ll likely love it. If you land on a team where posturing is more important, you’ll realize it pretty quickly and if this happens, do your best to transfer to another team ASAP, because ServiceNow, really is “the place to be”!

Exec Team leads from behind the curve when it comes to employees

Over the last 2 years the company has averaged pay rises that lagged inflation by 2-3% points. But exec team point to (sic) "We are just following the industry norms". 401K match dropped from a fixed amount to a percentage match i.e. significant drop if you max your contributions. No other significant benefits have increased. WFH policy took 18 months to develop but at least now it is flexible for some. As we have been working from home for the last 2 years developers have become 15-20% more productive. I feel the company focus is all about dollars and less about employees these days.Work life balance has suffered as a significant number of the developers are now based in India and so teams are constantly dealing with the early and late meetings to accommodate the time difference.

Toxic culture

-They are unwilling to pay people what they are worth-Micromanagement from leadership is a big problem-Very toxic culture overall and it makes you feel as though you can’t trust anyone (for me this impacted my performance significantly)When I started the whole vision of Servicenow was to create this amazing product to help customers achieve innovation. Now it’s all about the sheer amounts of money this organization can make regardless of how it impacts the employees or the overall company culture. When I look back at old speeches given by Fred Luddy I was inspired, now I’m just sad as to what this company has turned into. This used to be a tech company that was extremely innovative and hired the best and brightest. You will only find uninspired, burned out employees now or folks who are in management roles that are 100% self serving. Do better, Servicenow.

Terminated for doing above and beyond but others failed to do their part.

I do not have high regard for the department I was in. I feel I was the scape goat for far too much work being asked of the employees. ServiceNow has thousands of customers so do not do more than what you can on your shift or else you may find yourself getting in trouble or even fired for something you performed on your own time. Don't expect others to admit their faults. Don't expect management to admit their faults. Don't expect to make real friends there.

Great Company TO Work for

Amazing company to work for. The work life balance can be a bit off sometimes but that is because we are growing so rapidly. Clear pathway to career progression and easy opportunities to network with individuals.

Great benefits, amazing leadership, inclusive culture

Amazing company. Our leadership team is down to earth and understands the value that each employee brings to the organization. P4 is very transparent about our strategic goals as a company and how that translates to my individual role. Pay is fair, benefits are top tier, and I feel like I belong. I have been here for almost four years and don't plan on leaving.

Pros

Essp, Matching 401K, Matching Donations, Great Pay, Mental Health & Wellbeing benefits

Cons

People focused and fast paced but too many priorities

I love the focus on the employees and making sure everyone feels they can be themselves. If I could stop there, this would be the perfect place to work. But with so much fast growth, and only hiring 9s and 10s (overachievers) there’s so many priorities and we easily lose focus. This will be our downfall until growth stabilizes. Unfortunately we keep losing really great talented people who feel like they’re not getting anywhere.

General culture of dysfunction.

I was told in one code review we do something to not hurt another teams feelings. Highly micromanaged and political culture, nearly every process, technology and approach is somehow made special by the various disciplines (software, project/product management, management) so that in the end nothing really works. Rather than communicate about and orient around work and supporting one another teams preserve the counterproductive social norms. Vision and direction from the CEO on down is the direction any survey of the industry would expect, a sort of technology will save us--so no underlying vision or insight I could make out. Generally ServiceNow coasts on its sales and marketing and likely have a long gradual decline.

Little to no career growth

A lot of politics, no clear direction from low level management, higher management has no idea of the frustration a lot of people are feeling. Hundreds of reviews and approvals required for everything, not agile at all.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

No growth

Place sucks...

Don't work here. They'll throw you out with the bath water. Management is two faced. Some of the people are okay, but the sales guys will eat their young.

Sales Intern

A great opportunity and a great place to work. Overall the managers treated me with respect and kindness even though I was just an intern. Would strongly recoommnednt.

The best company ever!

Nice place to work, amazing colleagues, amazing customers and partners. Work is challenging but management cares about your wellbeing.Company is growing really fast and offer a lot of career opportunity.

Good pay and benefits

Good pay and benefits, but the management needs work depending on what department you land in. They also brag on how fast they're growing, but never the problems that come with it.

Exciting atmosphere and lots of change

The culture is amazing - Fri afternoons off all summer for recharging after COVID - they care about the employees. There is a lot of change going on right now and it can be difficult to keep up with the changes. A lot of growth and it's exciting.

Pros

Work flexibility, employee-focused

Cons

A lot of change going on with products and organizational structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceNow. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare ServiceNow with

Studying at ServiceNow

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • ServiceNow
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?