ServiceNow
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

ServiceNow Employee Reviews

ServiceNow insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

A great company to work for

Featured review

ServiceNow selected this as a representative review
ServiceNow is a great company to work for. They are on the cutting edge of technology and leading the way in their area with the Now Platform. I recommend working for ServiceNow.

Sales Intern

A great opportunity and a great place to work. Overall the managers treated me with respect and kindness even though I was just an intern. Would strongly recoommnednt.

The best company ever!

Nice place to work, amazing colleagues, amazing customers and partners. Work is challenging but management cares about your wellbeing.Company is growing really fast and offer a lot of career opportunity.

Good pay and benefits

Good pay and benefits, but the management needs work depending on what department you land in. They also brag on how fast they're growing, but never the problems that come with it.

Exciting atmosphere and lots of change

The culture is amazing - Fri afternoons off all summer for recharging after COVID - they care about the employees. There is a lot of change going on right now and it can be difficult to keep up with the changes. A lot of growth and it's exciting.

Pros

Work flexibility, employee-focused

Cons

A lot of change going on with products and organizational structure

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Growing Company Only the future well tell

just started here at ServiceNow. they seem to be growing fast... I was part of a 60 person orientation. which they indicated was one of the smaller groups in the past months. I'm worried about the overshoot (hiring too much to fast).

Pros

Growing

Overall great place to work

I would say working at Servicenow definitely fires you up and you learn a ton.The cost of which is some work life balance, but the people you work with are all great!

A career with purpose

If you want your work to feel like it's actually making an impact on the company and the community, consider ServiceNow. The leadership team here is also extremely enthusiastic and not afraid to speak out about current events, which I appreciate. This is also where I've had the most autonomy in my career so far.

Pros

Purpose-driven, leadership, pay, 401k matching, stock plans, career development, financially secure, growing rapidly

Cons

Wish they had more satellite offices outside of South Bay

People that are abused are also "hungry & humble"

If you love IT software, this could be a good place for you. But, if you aren't fully invested in the business, you'll probably not enjoy the work. Lots of bureaucracy and "governance". You're constantly having to check up on people and make sure things haven't changed. Very little documentation, so if you're doing anything new you'll spend a lot of time just hunting around trying to find people that run finance, or projects, or set policies. Internal communication, except for the shiny happy stuff from the executives, is pretty poor.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Very little job security, you have to keep your manager happy to stay employed

Worst company I ever worked for

Servicenow disguises itself as a company that cares about its employees and is all about work life balance. The truth couldn't be further from that. When I joined this company 2 years ago, I was so excited and proud. However I learned after a few months that the warm welcome is a facade to there being no work-life balance, middle management treats their employees as nothing more than live bodies there to fulfill their agenda. Management manages upwards and it's EXTREMELY political. People are given raises and bonuses because they kiss up - hard work is not rewarded, only if you are willing to hand over all of your time and life over to them. Across the board, when you talk to employees in different groups, they are unhappy. But they are sucked in by the stock options (which get taxed at 65% so not even worth it). Every single person on my team was unhappy, as well as in other departments. By the time I quit recently, I was so stressed out and disgusted with the way people are treated, that I left this company with an ulcer which I've never had before, and have severe burnout. Putting all of that aside, when you leave the company, there is no exit interview with HR. No one asks you why you're leaving. They do a 5-minute call with several employees at once, telling you where to ship your laptop to and that's ALL. This is the first company I've ever worked out where there is no exit interview asking why employees are leaving. That should tell you everything you need to know about the culture of this company.

Pros

Offices are nice

Cons

Awful middle mgmt, culture is toxic

Politics and backstabbing, don't go there

Politics and backstabbing, don't go there. Not much career growth. They treat you like computers not people. Work is debugging and troubleshooting. Managers not trained.

Positive intern experience

I enjoyed my internship at ServiceNow. The company has a great culture and great benefits. I got a chance to see what it is like to work in a high-growth Saas company.

Mission focused organization with a fast paced culture.

ServiceNow's mission is to make the world of work, work better for people. So much of what we do is centered on this mission. We are customer centric and care about the success of our clients. The speed is very fast paced, especially in the sales organization. For those that thrive in fast paced and dynamic environments this is a great place.

Great people but experiences differ across the organsiation

Excellent renumeration if you are in sales, but massively depends on territories. Extreemly fast paced not for everyone, technology changing all the time, difficult to shift customer mindset from ITSM to Enterprise Workflow capabilties.

Fast paced but process-heavy

Company is still growing at a rapid pace and it is great to be part of that momentum. This can also mean no work life balance for many teams. Leadership loves to deliver vision by mandates that all teams have to fulfill and culturally there are lots of processes and approvals that are required to get work done. However, everyone is genuinely nice and there's a great collaborative culture at the company.

very future forward

I was an intern for ServiceNow for about a year and I thought it was a good learning experience. Everyone genuinely cared about your growth and I appreciated that about the company. They were also in the process of rebranding so it looked a lot nicer than before.

Pros

perks for interns too

Cons

typical corporate tech job

Great people to work with

I work at Cisco in the mid 90 and at that time everyone was focused and excited about moving the company forward as fast as we can. I get the same level of excitement from ServiceNow employees and it's great.Everyone is willing to pitch at all levels, employees are cooperative, and share what they know.Management does a great job at recognizing their employees and they share their vision and excitement for the company. Especially the CEO, he gets us all motivated to do our best and move the company forward as fast as we can..

Pros

Company is a super growth path and they have great products

Cons

A lot of work, but it's fun work

not the best management

was not the best-managed role although I respect everyone the recruitment is horrible and there is practically no assistance with getting an intervuew

Pros

nice people

Cons

no assistance for onboarding interns into FT employees

Exceptionally smart people to work with

Service Now was a rapid growing organization during my tenure with aggressive sales targets and extensive implementation opportunities. I was surrounded by bright and highly effective co-workers.

Growing fast

Good Management, and culture.helpful people.work depends on the team and your interest.good salaries and benefits.decent work life balance. fast growth.

Sink or swim

Highly over written code in some areas of the organization. Good example of a company who tries to reinvent the wheel with technology. Lots of self absorbed developers there.

Pros

Snacks when we were on site

Cons

No support, terrible tech stack

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceNow. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare ServiceNow with

• ServiceNow
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?