Servotronics Employee Reviews

No ping pong table
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYAugust 29, 2018
For having so many federal contracts they hire a lot of a lot of people with substance abuse problems. They also follow specs in the most loosest sense of interpretation. I would not encourage anyone to work their unless they are desperate for money.
Pros
Knives as Christmas bonuses
Cons
Knives as Christmas bonuses
do not work here
Associate (Current Employee) –  Elma, NYMarch 28, 2018
management is horrible, they treat you like a child. there is no room to advance, unless you are on the shop floor. completely overworked, no one on my team helped out each other, it was just me doing all of the work.
Cons
healthcare, 401k, pto/vacation time, sick time
Servotronics is a nice company to work for.
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYJanuary 14, 2018
My position as a calibration technician requires involvement from the engineering department to address concerns about our calibration process control and quality of on time delivery to customers.
Pros
Clean environment in building
Cons
Servotronics has more work than personnel to complete work on time.
Slow paced work environment with an old school business approach
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Servotronics is a small company where an engineer can take on a variety of rolls within the company. Servotronics does not have a desirable work place culture, within the company there are many complaints regarding management.
Slow Paced work environment, with a week talent groop. Managements ability to hire the correct talent is not there
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Work environment is depressing, the people that work at servo are not happy to be there. There are many complaints regarding compensation and time off. The pay at servotronics is not competitive, and the talent acquired lacks the drive and skill to effectively complete tasks.
Pros
low pressure work enviroment
Cons
the office lighting and the toilets clog easy
Different Perspectives
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elma, NYDecember 7, 2017
A lot of the negative reviews focus within the Production area of the organization. I have not worked in this area, but within the front offices. I can not and will not comment about areas I myself did not work. Within the last three months alone I have seen at least 6 internal promotions and my direct supervisors/managers have been some of the best. They routinely buy us lunch in house or sponsor a "working lunch" to allow us to do a formal sit down and discuss ongoing projects. My field requires working odd hours and weekends, but my managers have insisted I take off the difference. They also seldom have a problem with allowing more flexibility within my schedule. I had a dentist appointment I was allowed to leave early and take an extended lunch and just had to make up the time later on. I have been here for over a year and received numerous raises and a promotion myself.There is a relaxed feeling within the department with little to no drama to cause the day to feel like an eternity. I would highly recommend Servotronics to friends/family members.
Servotronics is a good company
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYOctober 13, 2017
After 21 tears at Servotronics I noticed that the company's concern for it's employees was not as good as it was when I started in 1996. The stress level also increased under the current management.
Pros
Easy communication with management
Cons
Low wages and poor benifits
Low pay, bad benefits, horrible management.
Assembly and Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Elma, NYAugust 28, 2017
Horrible management with no eye towards improving processes or efficiency. The pay very poorly and basically want monkeys to do repetitive jobs with no chance for career advancement.
Dead end job low paying with no future
Technician (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYMay 5, 2017
I worked there for 3 years. They produce a very low quality product, smoke and mirrors is how they get away with it. The owner takes the vast majority of the profits for himself and his family and gives almost nothing to the severely underpaid workers. He once listed Social Security as one of the major benefits for working there. Incompetence abounds throughout the place. The bathrooms for the workers are disgusting, you could shave the walls. They offer almost no benefits to go along with their low pay and what little benefits they do offer cost a fortune. If you need to get a little experience and have no other choice unfortunately you may consider it. Once you get some experience in the industry get out and never look back. Put your resume in real companies like Moog just down the road from them. Servotronics is a company you would expect to find in a 3rd world nation. They have a dysfunctional greedy family running it who are put out they have to pay anything to the poor people they profit from.
Pros
Cons
name it, it's there
Good work place with some improvements needed
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMay 1, 2017
I received an excellent opportunity from this company with no experience in the manufacturing field.They offer an excellent benefit package.

They offer a clean work atmosphere and on the job training.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
stressful work enviroment
Horrible work place
Debur Technician (Current Employee) –  Elma, NYJune 4, 2016
They under pay over work and ignore your transfer requests. I spent a year trying to get into the machine shop and off of 2nd shift. I spoke with all the right people and told them I wanted back on first. then learned later after returning to first that the job I was transferred into was a second shift job and they refused to correct it. Now I am actively searching for a new job outside the company as I will no longer work for these greedy people. My suggestion do not work for them unless it is a last resort they have a high turn over rate and constantly promote the wrong people in the work.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Imagine everything wrong in a work place and this company has it
Family Oriented
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Elma, NYMay 5, 2016
Servotronics, Inc. is very family focused and is flexible with their employees. Great work environment with great employees.
It's an OK place to work.
Fluid Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Elma, NYMay 13, 2015
Servotronics is fairly laid back as far as doing actual work. They do offer a couple health care packages and they have a pretty decent amount of paid holidays. They do however put mandatory overtime into effect almost every other month
Pros
A decent amount of holidays and overtime
Cons
Mandatory overtime every other month, somewhat disorganised
Overtime most of the time
Assemble/Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Built aerospace torque motors using blueprints, surface grinder and other tools. Most everyone was easy to get along with.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
A lot of gossip and didn't get good raises
New Career
Draftsman/Scheduling (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYDecember 13, 2013
As a draftsman it is a very simplified job. Great people to work for and alongside.
Overall work place is clean but antiquated.
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYDecember 3, 2013
Clean place to work. People are friendly and helpful.Pat rate and benefits low.
Pros
People easy to work with.
Cons
When work is slow they dismiss you, permanently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servotronics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6