Servpro Industries Employee Reviews

Cut-Throat
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 19, 2018
The management at this company doesn't seem to want to work with you, or train you so you are basically left stranded until fired. Favoritism is also a major factor in this, as it becomes well obvious as to who gets away with breaking rules without consequence.
Pros
Job variations keep you from being bored
Cons
Cut-Throat, Poor management, Favoritism, Lack of tools given
Good Place To Work
Quality Assurance & Managed Accounts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNAugust 13, 2018
It's a pretty good place to work. Depending on the position you work in the hours could be long especially if you're salary. Great place to get your foot in the door an work your way up.
Pros
Onsite Gym
Cons
Long Hours for Salary Employees
Great Environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Mendocino, CAJune 20, 2018
Working for SERVPRO has been a great experience. Every job has its ups and downs, but this industry is fast-paced which I enjoy. Working here also has made me feel like I am able to make a positive difference in peoples' lives.
Pros
Fun environment, fast paced
Review Summary
Water Technician/ Assistant to Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 1, 2018
Good company just need to pick out the bad apples in the company. Many Hardworking employees but there are a few slackers. Sometimes upper management puts to much pressure on a few managers.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Stressful
Still trying to figure it out.
Commercial Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Seattle AreaApril 26, 2018
Part of a much larger franchise, however small family business going through growing pains. Not really any opportunity for advancement.
Ask far more time of employees than they are willing to provide compensation.
Pros
Good opportunity to network with the community
Cons
Poor leadership
fast paced and detailed
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerly, RIFebruary 21, 2018
phone duties, filing, estimates, scheduling, planning, accounts receivables, accounts payables, invoices, etc

Handled 3 branches under one hub of the office in RI.
Productive but fluctuating work and no benefits
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 28, 2018
My review is that the people I worked with were great, but without warning we could have very slow weeks where I would be off and not making any money. The franchise where I worked at did not offer any benefits but the culture was good and when we did have good people jobs went good. They struggled to keep people working there, ended up being a revolving door, constantly getting temporary workers that more times than not ended up being useless and lazy. It was hard to keep pace with how they wanted jobs to be completed when you're working shorthanded, essentially with no help.
Pros
Personal work vehicle
Cons
Low enthusiasm among workers
A place that never does anything right
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Servpro Industries is the worst company I have ever worked for. The staff aren't trained properly, which leads to poor work performance, bad results and unsatisfied customers. They don't stick to their timeline, and are constantly being audited by their corporate offices. The owners will use any employee as a scapegoat so that they are not made to look bad themselves. They operate at a loss and overcharge customers to compensate.
Slow paced work environment with competitive people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 28, 2017
As a receptionist, I had all the typical duties. I had fun talking with my co-workers there. However, I did not feel that everybody was treated fairly. I did like being there, there was always something going on. However, just like any other workplace, there was drama. I liked who I worked for and who I worked with and I was sad to go.
Fast paced and productive environment
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Sorrento valley, caAugust 10, 2017
Demolition and cleaning plus project coordination. Restoring residential homes and buildings of water damages to ensure the structure is completely dry upon completion of the job.
Pros
Job security, lots of hours available
Cons
On Call is a week at a time and minimal training is given.

Want to know more about Servpro Industries?

Ask a question
Difficult place to work
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 30, 2017
Hard working conditions for little pay, on call schedule leaves your personal life always up in the air. Individual franchise owners decide their own "rules" and pay.
Get on the wrong side of someone and that person will make your life miserable
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJune 2, 2017
Favoritism, unprofessional,deceitful, plot and plan so you do not get merit raise . changed review after already approved and management did nothing.
High stress
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 28, 2017
Was able to go to school and get certified in areas of daily work.
Being on call around the clock is very difficult doesn't leave time for a life outside of work.
Best part of job is helping the customers
Great employer
File Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MOMay 25, 2017
Great employer but the hours are long, pay is great. Company has a great structure to it and takes care of its employees with great benefits such as pay.
Average workplace.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John, INMarch 31, 2017
My workplace was fun and everyone was very outgoing. I learned how to clean up water and fire disasters and restore contents to like new condition like it never even happened. I felt prideful to be a ServPro employee Management was iffy they meant well and tried to do everything by the book when thats not always the best answer. Your work environment depends on which franchise location you work at. The hardest part of the job is learning psycho-metrics.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short non-paid breaks.
Owner sold company
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 30, 2017
Servpro was a nice place to work. We always stayed busy with no complaints about job security. All the co-workers believed in team work and helping each other.
Pros
Long breaks, always allowed overtime
Cons
Your on call 24/7, 365 days
I cleaned merchandise
Survepro (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 28, 2017
This job gave me a lot of different experiences with cleaning burnt houses and other things but i enjoyed it and all my co workers loves me. This job was amazing for something I never did before.
Bad management
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 22, 2017
At this company there is no room to grow nor a pay raise. They did not have any benefits nor a set manager. A lot of there equipment was broken or very dirty
Pros
fast paste work
Cons
bad management
n/a
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 27, 2017
Servpro benefit plan is good, there is no work life balance. Hours are not exceptional but was a fun place to work where they focus on teamwork. They have year end Christmas parties and provide bonus if goals are met.
Benefits
Cons
No work, life balance
Ok
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Good company to work for. Upper management takes care of employees and makes sure you succeed. I would recommend this company to anybody.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servpro Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight