SET Environmental
Coronavirus update
Information from SET Environmental:

SET Environmental Employee Reviews

United States49 reviews
ups and downs small company feel in a bigger company. When things hit in economy you feel it but they make sure you get 40. Hours can shoot up in a hurry.
Pros
usually steady work
Cons
Dispatch can be indecisive
June 29, 2020
Thanks for submitting a review. COVID-19 sure has kept us on our toes, but we are doing our best to evolve. We welcome the feedback.
Started as a field tech and was able to advance in the company quick. As long as you can keep a good attitude and are hard working you can achieve great things in the company. If you need a day or days off for personal reason the company is very flexible. It is hard work and long days but you are paid for it and you get noticed for the hard work you do.
Pros
Good camaraderie within the division. Great pay and benefits. Growth within the company.
Cons
Hard work, sometimes long days but worth it.
Don’t work there. Management is a joke, absolutely the worst job you could ever have. Job seekers beware. Toxic Environment, very disorganized organization.
June 29, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. I am sorry you feel this way about SET. Our goal is make everyone feel welcome and be part of a world class team and company. We will discuss with the management team so we can improve.
wonderful place to work. You always can count on your co-workers to assist you in every way possible. to get the job done. Management is awesome and very friendly.
June 29, 2020
Thanks for the great review! Team work is essential in this line of work and we wouldn't be where we are now without it.
The company has good benefits but it needs a new management. Management does not care about their employees they only care about making money and not losing money.
April 27, 2020
Thanks for completing a review. I am sorry you feel this way. We certainly do care about our employees since you are the ones who are out there everyday making things happen. Sure, being profitable is the goal, but we couldn't do it without you!
They had a high turnover ratio in a few areas of the plant. The new employees were not receiving adequate training, necessary to be more familiar with the hazardous and non hazardous materials
April 13, 2020
Thanks for the review. We love hearing about our excellent employees.
Set environmental is a great place to work, the only problem is the pay and benefits, the pay is too low for what we do and the type of hazardous materials that we dealing with.
April 13, 2020
Thanks for the a review and feedback. We will look into the pay and benefits more to make sure we are competitive in the market.
Bitter women who love to criticize other women if they're not in the "click". Don't waste your time. The only people who are pleasant are the technicians that work there. As far as the office staff, very snobbish and unfriendly. It's like grade school.
April 13, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review. I am sorry your time at SET was less than favorable. I wish we could have discussed this more prior to your departure so you could have felt more welcomed.
Excellent company to work for with professional and experienced personnel. SET Environvironmental possess the knowledge and skillset to be the best in the industry.
April 13, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate your feedback!
The people at this company (including the management) will gang up and make you feel worthless and treat you like garbage if you’re not in their little “circle of buddies“. If you get a job here and think anyone is your friend or that the managers care, you’re wrong.
April 13, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review. I am sorry you felt this way and wish we could have discussed this more with you while employed in order for you to feel more welcome.
I would go back in a heartbeat! Just didn’t work with my family dynamic. A little to much traveling for a father with 3 children under 10 years old. But great place to work!!!
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Travel
February 10, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate it very much!
Good company to work for, if there a problem they take care of, if truck needs work done or equipment it’s don there just an all around very very great company
February 10, 2020
Thank you for submitted a review. We appreciate it very much!
Quality learning of work - little room for improvement - management inefficient - do not care about their employees happiness - confined spaces - hard labor
December 7, 2019
Thank you for submitting a review. We certainly do care about your happiness! Please call the HR department to discuss.
Not a good company to work for stay away very unsafe for your health they have a lot of cancer causing a agents just stay away the from this company they don’t care about their drivers
October 26, 2019
Thanks for your review. I can assure you that Safety is one of our top priorities! As a hazardous waste clean up company, we do work with a variety of materials, but we follow the required OSHA regulations very closely to ensure all of our employees are kept safe.
SET is an alright place to work if you want a paycheck. Management sometimes think they are the owners and are butts, but decent money if your single. If you have a Family Kiss them goodbye You are most times required to travel for long trips and short trips. They have zero regards to family time meanings!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management
October 10, 2019
Thanks for submitting a review. We understand that the hours can be demanding at times and will look into ways we can improve the overall work/life balance.
The culture of upper management was poor. Supervisors were great and looked out for their subordinates. Great benefits, excellent benefits. They are located in several states.
October 10, 2019
Thank you for submitting a review. We appreciate your feedback and will look at ways to improve.
Its worth a shot...If your single travels alot and a very manly job..Very dirty job lots of hazards to deal with.. But they try to do right by you financially!
October 10, 2019
Thanks for completing a review. We appreciate your feedback.
learned a lot, improved on my managemnet skills in a Constant chaniging environment, learned new skills and trades, enjoyed co workers and work load, many hours at work but enjoyed it
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Emergency response
June 7, 2019
Thanks for the review. We are happy to hear that you learned a lot while on the job and that you enjoyed your work.
Great Truck Driving job, home every weekend and great compensation. Maintenance issues are addressed promptly. There is no company match to the 401K program, but the hourly wage more than compensates.
Pros
Hourly pay as a driver, and home every weekend.
June 7, 2019
Thanks for the review! We are happy to know that you enjoy your position here at SET.
Overall i enjoyed working at SET environmental. They are very good at recognizing employees how are working hard. When they see you have a drive and are motivated they will present you will opportunities to move up. If you don't show an interest in taking on more responsibilities you will remain where you are. The hours are pretty crazy and you will be asked to push your own limits. You can say no buy dont expect to be put on an easy job or get first dibs at a prevailing wage job. Do what they ask and dont have an attitude and you will be just fine. In summary longs hours but you will be compensated, management does a good job at helping those who prove they can handle the job. If you like activities outside of work this job is not for you. Forget bowling league, golf, etc. YOU WONT HAVE TIME! Consistent 50-80+ hrs a week.
Pros
decent pay and opportunities
Cons
long hours, on call
April 19, 2019
Thanks for the review! Being a 24/7 Emergency Response company, we know the hours can be tough. We will work on ways to improve the overall work-life balance. Thanks for your feedback and we appreciate your flexibility and commitment.
This company is a close knit,motivated company that strives to always be better. Safety is very important and each employee looks out for one another.
April 19, 2019
Thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear you enjoy working with the team and we appreciate your feedback.