Set and Service Resources Employee Reviews

Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2018
Set and Service Resources is a good company to work for. They have hired many of my relatives just by word of mouth from me so that we could all ride together but unfortunately they do not have many projects in my area.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough work in the area where i live
February 1, 2018

Thanks for the nice words! We are currently pursuing more work, so we hope to have some resets close to you soon! Please continue to check your dashboard for any and all future resets!

Slow paced
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Slow paced, easy work. Cutting duplicate keys and rekeying locks was my specialty. The boss was fun to work with, the hardest part of the job was some of the projects I had worked on
Pros
Easy job to do
Cons
Not enough hours
February 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your awesome job experience! We so appreciate you, and the assistance that you provided to that client! Your success on the job is our #1 priority. Please continue to apply for all job opportunities you may be interested in, and let's keep this ball rolling!

When there is work available i love it
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 24, 2018
When there is work i love it but i need constant work not contract tenporary.learned alot resetting all the home depots,tractor supplys,family dollars,medicine shoppe,target,joann fabrics etc.
Pros
Good pay gas reimbursement learn alit of different things
Cons
When there is work there is plenty but no work for months at time
February 1, 2018

Thanks for the note. As you stated, our resets can be an awesome opportunity to learn new skills while getting paid! With various resets with various clients, each reset is exciting in its own way!

enjoy temporary assignments
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 24, 2018
I learned a lot when started with the company, now feel confident to work any retail merchandising job, still enjoy working temporary assignments. They were very helpful in my training and the website is easy to access and very helpful and supportive.
Pros
nice people to work with
February 1, 2018

So glad to hear that your experience is in alignment with our goal! We strive daily to provide our reps with the highest level of Integrity, Passion, Service and Respect. We are blessed to have such great reps as yourself. Let's keep the resets coming!

merchandising
Merchandiser Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2018
overall it was just a great experience. Although it was a little straining on the body. Some employee's and supervisors where a pleasure to meet. Very helpful at time of confusion.
February 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing with us! Our resets are pretty physical in nature (Who needs the gym anyway?!) but we have found that many of our reps do enjoy this aspect of the job. Be sure to save our Support number ((929) 600-9955) for all future resets! We are happy to help!

Great work places
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  txJanuary 23, 2018
It's very difficult to have a continuous job when there are not too many jobs offered in my city...They have plenty of jobs, but if you get a job out of city, you have to provide your own transportation, and though, they do refund you for time travel, sometimes, the wear and tear on the car is not conpensated in the reimbursment fee
February 1, 2018

Thanks for the note! We do provide assignment-length positions, but we are hard at work creating and posting all sorts of new opportunities across the nation! Please continue to check your profile, as we will hopefully post one near you soon!

Sasr
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 12, 2018
As a contracted merchandiser for SASR, a typical work week would be Monday through Thursday. One of the things I loved most was that we got in early, around 5 am and would normally be done by 3pm, allowing a parent, like me, to earn a full day's pay and still be available for my children after school.
The work was very easy to understand, if you can read a planogram, there was some heavy lifting but nothing too strenuous. The work is fast-paced, yet still somehow laid back. For this work, I would recommend knee pads, latex gloves and work gloves if you're working grocery- things get chilly resetting refrigerated and frozen products.
SASR usually hired contract to add manpower to a project that lacked sufficient amount of permanent employees; we had a great rapport with the managers and co-workers whether they were contract or permanent. There was a real team atmosphere where if one person completed an area sooner than anticipated, they would happily come over to another team-member's area to help get it done. That way we could complete more projects in a day, with everyone pitching in.
The one thing that I did not like about this position was the lack of job security. There were weeks in a row during some seasons where there was no contract work available in my area. Eventually, the local work seemed to dry up completely yet there were more opportunities that opened up for contract work that required some travel.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Drought
merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 10, 2018
If you are looking for temporary work then this is the place for you. You can work when you want and travel if you want. Jobs are few and far between for the area I live so if you want more work hours you have to be willing to travel farther.
Pros
flexible jobs, adventure, meet new people, pays good
Cons
not enough work hours
February 1, 2018

Thank you for the review! Your feedback is very encouraging to us all here at SaSR! Please be sure to log back in to myhireflex.com to apply for the opportunities that do arise. We value your feedback, and look forward to working with you in the future! We do provide travel reimbursement for certain resets, and we do try our best to keep these rates competitive. While it may not consistently cover your entire expense, we like to help you get to the reset so that is an incentive that we offer :)

Room for Improvement!
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Salary, lack of work, they go by a point system for you to advane that is Idiotic and their automated system needs updated DESPERATELY. They want you to travel to work which is fine but dont offer per diem ect.
But its a work in progress I still like the company and am still hopeful for the future. Just dont expect to support a family with just this one job.
Pros
You choose what jobs you want
Cons
Salary, lack of work, unreliable
January 22, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We are always working to improve our process and technology to better support our rep team. We value your feedback here, and we will absolutely incorporate into our discussions for improvement. Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you in the new year!

No work for weeks at a time.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 27, 2017
Pros:

Paid 13.50/hr

Can apply for work on whatever days you want

Work isn't difficult, usually just stocking or setting up giftcards

If you work less than 4 hours, you will still be paid for 4 hours.

Cons:

Point based merit system whereby senior employees can assign themselves to jobs before junior employees even get a chance to apply.

Miss one assignment for any reason including emergency, and you will lose 200 'points'. As you only get 10 points per successfully completed assignment, this is a huge blow to junior employees and puts you at an extreme disadvantage.

Work is extremely sporadic. Expect to have no work for weeks or months. As a junior employee you'll be lucky to make 200 a month. In a busy month you might make up to 500.

The contractors you work with always have drama going on with other contractors which gets in the way of getting the job done.

You have to fax timesheets like its the late 90s

Website to set up direct deposit is glitchy. Checks posted on friday often take nearly a week to arrive.

Some contractors don't let you take breaks, so you work 8-10 hours without pause.

Assignments can be cancelled without notice.
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your thorough feedback regarding your experience with us. We are always working to improve our process and rep work experience and to secure more recurring work for our rep team. We are currently reviewing our point system and working to make some improvements. We understand that life happens and there will be occasions our reps are unable to make their work assignment. A late cancellation less than 12 hours in advance of an assignment is a 100 point penalty and a no show is a 200 point penalty. In the case of an emergency, we will try to work with our reps and not assign a point penalty. We also appreciate your feedback on the time-sheet submission process. To make the process easier for our reps, we now allow for photo and email submission. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss your situation and we can work to address. I can be reached at 919-412-8042. Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward to working with you in the new year!

Good
Journeyman (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 12, 2017
The job has great travel. Incentives and working with many companies and employees
The job pay varies depending on job assignments
Working hours are good usually
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear about your great experience with us! Please continue to check your dashboard for any new job opportunities that arise, and we will be happy to consider you for them!

interesting job to learn new skills
plan o gram setter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 6, 2017
Not a good place for employment but the pay was nice, only one job in Klamath Falls and the rest of them were located over in Medford, Grants Pass, Roseburg. They provided travel reimbursement of $25 one way and no more after that.
Pros
Nice place to learn a new skill and the pay was nice as well
Cons
$25 travel reimbursement was beyond me.
January 22, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. We do work in many different places, and we pay travel incentive depending on how far your travels are. It may not cover all expenses, but is designed to help you get to and from the jobsite without having to come completely out of pocket. Thank you for your work with us, and we are excited about new opportunities in the new year!

They always cancel
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 5, 2017
Never any work and when there is they cancel on you the day before. This has now happened 3 times to me. I don't even what the point is. They need to get ti together instead of cancelling the night before
January 22, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. Unfortunately, jobs may sometimes be cancelled at the client's request, but we do our absolute best to communicate as soon as those cancellations come through. We are very sorry that this has been your experience with us. This is absolutely not typical for us. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with a positive experience.

Great Company
Reset Merchandiser., Team Lead Customer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2017
Great Company , but not consistent with work and hours alot of the jobs are a little too far to drive , and it is like a lottery, if you apply it is first come first serve.
Pros
Extra Income
Cons
Can't live off it
January 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! We do upload new work opportunities all of the time, so please keep your eyes peeled for any closer resets that may pop up. We are so thankful to have you on our team, and look forward to working with you in the future!

Great company to be apart of
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2017
Company allows flexibility on your end. Allows you to pick when you work and how often you work. Allows you to work with variety of people and learn new trades and skills to better your job performance.
January 22, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We are so thankful that you have had a great time working with us, and we look forward to many resets in the future!

Good work. You get to pick and choose where you work and when .
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Hdqrtrs - Raleigh, NC work different locales.November 23, 2017
Pro: SaSR is a good place to work in that you get to pick and choose when and where you work and they do pay for a motel if you are working more than 150 miles away from home.

Con:If they have to pay for a motel room they reduce your per diem. They do not pay mileage and they do not pay for meals.
January 22, 2018

Thanks for the review! We love working with you, and are glad that you have had a good experience with us! Our compensation packages do vary by client, but we do our absolute best to provide our reps with a fair compensation package that matches the work being done. Looking forward to working with you in the future!

Overall good employer.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 22, 2017
Assignments were far too sporadic in the area I lived. I simply wasn't able to earn enough income. For those in more populous areas or with greater retail growth, I have no doubt individuals employed by Set & Service have as many assignments as needed.
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! The work is variable, depending on your location and availability, but we do try to provide as many work opportunities as possible. Our model is built on flexible schedules, that can fit into your schedule. Thank you for the work that you have done, and we look forward to future work with you!

Not Enough Work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Virginia at this timeNovember 15, 2017
There is not enough hours otherwise I like working with the company and doing merchandising. And always enjoyed working with the people I worked with.
Good for a couple of paychecks.
Remodel Crew (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2017
Don't stop looking for another job.
There is little to no communication and there is an air of set up for failure.
There are a few decent managers or team leaders that are ok to work for/with, however there are far more that are absolutely deplorable.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Read my comments.
November 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very sorry that this has been your experience with us. We strive to make our reps' experience as enjoyable as possible. If you would like to discuss your experience with us, please give me a direct call at (919) 421-8042 Kind regards, Audra

Productive and fun while working with a team.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 10, 2017
It is nice because you travel to different cities and even go out of town.
The hardest day I ever had was when we did a remodel. We had to take items from one side of the store to the other side. Management is very helpful and don't mind asking do you want overtime.
Pros
Management is great
Cons
Receive travel pay on friday instead everyday, no free lunches, no travel van, no rental car help
November 17, 2017

Thanks for the response! We do our absolute best to make your job as enjoyable as possible, and are very glad to hear about your positive experience! If you love traveling, sign up for our travel team via your dashboard at myhireflex.com to get updates on travel jobs!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Set and Service Resources. Our community is ready to answer.