Seton Family of Hospitals Employee Reviews

Inconsiderate employer and poor management
Clinical Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2018
16 years and no merit raises. Responsibilities and stipend pay for supervisory duties removed without explanation when bought by Ascension. Management is out of touch with employees and more concerned with budget of corporation.
Maintaining claim dictionaries, billing specifications, Staff, Collecting timely reimbursement.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYOctober 11, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my years at Seton Health. Maintained claim dictionaries, payer specifications, proration rules etc. Supervised Inpatient and Outpatient billers.
Youll learn a lot
Pharmacist Night Shift Coordinator (F/T) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2018
I have been happy with my time a Seton hospital. My manage has especially makes it an awesome place to work. There are always efforts to move the organization forward in patient care, job security and advancement.
Wow!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 8, 2018
A true patient-centered hospital system - who lives their mission. Received the best care out of all of the hospitals. These people were wonderful to me.
Very good experience working here
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
My experience at Seton was fantastic. They teach you everything you need to know in order to get started. All the stuff is nice and helpful. Honestly one of the best places to work
Pros
God salary
Cons
It is not located everywhere
Unprofessional and degrading
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2018
I worked with Seton (many different hospitals) and I could not stand the working environment. I was constantly degraded based on my religious preferences and for being overweight. I worked with the company for over 5 years and only received one promotion (excluding the cost of living raise). I actually did not event receive a promotion seeing as how everyone in my department got a raise. My immediate manager was a TERROR to work for and if I was offered double my salary, I would have to strongly think about it. I spoke with many people about my concerns in my work environment but you can't really get much done when it is your superiors making it such a nightmare. Along with working there for about 5 years, the new hires were being hired on with the company, with less experience than I had, but being hired on at about $8 more an hour than I was making. This was chalked up to, "You got hired on at the wrong time." All in all, there is very little that would compel me to go back to working for that terrible company. The greatest thing that has happened to me was when I parted ways with it.
Pros
Benefits were not bad
Cons
Literally everything else
Recommend Seton Medical Hospital to work for
Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 1, 2018
Seton Medical hospital is a great place to work for. They foster and environment were employees can voice there concerns and feedbacks in regards to making Seton Medical Hospital a great place to work for.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2018
During this time period, I volunteered one night per month (3-4 hours) at a clinic that served the undocumented alien population in Travis County, TX. The non-medical volunteers were pleasant and helpful. The other physicians involved were collegial and supportive.
Pros
See below
na
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Seton was a great place to work and also have that work balance to work and good environment. Despite the other issues Seton is a good place to work, build experiences and grow.
Lovely environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2018
Great Place! love working there, would work there again. great pay. excellent benefits. family oriented. great pay.great management. great food. great perks.

Want to know more about Seton Family of Hospitals?

Ask a question
not personal
Senior Department Assistant-Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2018
The organization on a whole is fabulous, alot of caring people together to make a difference for patients needs. Will miss the people and commitment of these individuals who make the place a great place to work
Pros
mission work
Cons
too much restructuring constant layoffs
Daily tasks
clerk (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Answered and quickly redirected up to multiple telephone lines for doctors and nurses. Along with
answering call lights from patients in a 32 bed Intensive Care Unit. Paging doctors for busy nurses
with accurate information. Greeting and screening all visitors and directing them to the correct areas.
Maintaining patient files and correct forms for hospital use. Making sure all computers, pagers, fax
machines, and equipment are in working order.
Adeptly managed a multi-line phone system and pleasantly greeted all patients.
Prepared patient charts accurately and neatly for the nurses and physicians in the ICU Unit.
Prepared patient charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
hated to leave
Fun and fullfilling
REFERRAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I worked for Seton for nearly 16 years before I was laid off.
I loved my job and my Seton Family.
I believe so much has changed since I was laid off two years ago.
Human care doesn't seem to be the main focus as before.
Many departments are being outsourced
Productive & fun
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2018
Productive & fun environment to work. Great culture & friendly. The hardest part of the job, the work can be overwhelming and sometimes, you dont get time to take your lunch break.
High volume patient put through.
RN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2018
Busy workday, constant learning environment with helpful management. Supportive workplace environment. Fast paced environment. Staff have great work ethics.
Pros
Cafeteria deduction for associates. Good benefits.
Cons
Long hours.
Great Team Members
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2018
Busy, lots of meetings. Important to ensure communication with staff and management lines stay open and concerns are addressed. Lots of changes as Ascension introduced corporate culture in lieu of mission and values.
Stay away from Lockhart EMS!
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Lockhart, TexasAugust 10, 2018
I have worked many EMS-Paramedkc jobs and this is by far the worst. The stress of the job is a piece of cake compared to dealing with the back stabbing co workers who like to play games and cliches. They intentionally start rumors and accuse others that aren’t a part of their cliche by making you feel that your job is constantly on the line to be fired.
Benefits
Cons
Back stabbing co workers, horrible work culture
Fun work place, collaborative people.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2018
Workers must be very focused, concentrate on subject matter at hand, but playful, when needed to lighten the stress. Balance was easy to maintain most of the time.
Pros
Benefits and convenience.
Cons
Healthcare environment with deadlines.
Overall a great company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 25, 2018
No complaints other then always short staffed.
Managment was always helpful and tried there best to help when needed. The company benefits ate great for a family but the pay was on the lower end.
Cla
CLA III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2018
Long hours on your feet, and poor co-workers are not dealt with, drives away good co-worker how get burnt out. No forward movement so moved on to another career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Family of Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Seton Family of Hospitals.

Powered by Comparably