Seton Family of Hospitals Employee Reviews

Insurance and verification representative
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJanuary 4, 2019
It was a great place to work.
I started working there when the hospital first opened.
I did verification of benefits and worked with signing in the patients.
I may area of was Labor and Delivery.
The job was very demanding but rewarding.
Pros
Cons
I have long hours and lived about 30 to 45 minutes away.
loved the people
Registered Nurse - NICU III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2019
good pay for Austin but not great compared to other cities in texas. Liked the hospital for a smaller scale but all the complicated patients would get shipped out.
Pros
good culture
Cons
poor pay
Productive workplace where patient care is central
END Tech 2/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2018
Great working environment where the patients come first. A typical day began with fighting traffic, but always ended satisfactorily as I could see a real world impact on patients every day!
EMPI TECH II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2018
This a place that will have job security, always looking to hire new talent. Day to Day work is steady sometimes busy. Management is ok. But love the workplace environment and people.
Great job poor management
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2018
I am not sure what the current benefits or pay will be now; due to seton revenue cycle being out source to a different company now. The management for my department at the time was not well informed.
Not what it used to be
Seton Premier Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2018
This is not a good organization to work for anymore. Quality and patient care have lost to bottom line dollars and executives hitting there targets financially instead of clinically.
Seton is just a big family working together
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 26, 2018
Seton is just a big family working together, like the little ant colony. Everyone is assigned a job and when you report to work it just runs smoothly. The management teams are directing traffic and work to resolve any issues quickly and unnoticed.
Pros
Teamwork
Management needs work
Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
The department I came from was a very hostile environment. The manager had little to no people skills and had a major role in the low morale which was unfortunate.

Micromanaging , scowl on face most of the time, favoritism, hostile environment , high turn around.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Hostile work environment, low morale, micromanaging, high turn around
Best place to work
Director of Food and Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 2, 2018
Seton Upper management was superior. They cared about there employees. It was a great place to learn and work. Training provided and a mentor program.
Pros
Great Place
Cons
Good company, shortcomings in career advancement
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2018
Good company, shortcomings in career advancement. Nice benefits, contradicted by not much room for growth and having to become complacent in your job role. Incremental raises usually offered annually based on cost of living and performance. Since Ascension took over, annual bonuses are no longer.
Pros
healthcare, Pto
Cons
lack of growth, questionable management style
Inconsiderate employer and poor management
Clinical Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2018
16 years and no merit raises. Responsibilities and stipend pay for supervisory duties removed without explanation when bought by Ascension. Management is out of touch with employees and more concerned with budget of corporation.
Maintaining claim dictionaries, billing specifications, Staff, Collecting timely reimbursement.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYOctober 11, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my years at Seton Health. Maintained claim dictionaries, payer specifications, proration rules etc. Supervised Inpatient and Outpatient billers.
Youll learn a lot
Pharmacist Night Shift Coordinator (F/T) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2018
I have been happy with my time a Seton hospital. My manage has especially makes it an awesome place to work. There are always efforts to move the organization forward in patient care, job security and advancement.
Wow!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 8, 2018
A true patient-centered hospital system - who lives their mission. Received the best care out of all of the hospitals. These people were wonderful to me.
Very good experience working here
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
My experience at Seton was fantastic. They teach you everything you need to know in order to get started. All the stuff is nice and helpful. Honestly one of the best places to work
Pros
God salary
Cons
It is not located everywhere
Unprofessional and degrading
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2018
I worked with Seton (many different hospitals) and I could not stand the working environment. I was constantly degraded based on my religious preferences and for being overweight. I worked with the company for over 5 years and only received one promotion (excluding the cost of living raise). I actually did not event receive a promotion seeing as how everyone in my department got a raise. My immediate manager was a TERROR to work for and if I was offered double my salary, I would have to strongly think about it. I spoke with many people about my concerns in my work environment but you can't really get much done when it is your superiors making it such a nightmare. Along with working there for about 5 years, the new hires were being hired on with the company, with less experience than I had, but being hired on at about $8 more an hour than I was making. This was chalked up to, "You got hired on at the wrong time." All in all, there is very little that would compel me to go back to working for that terrible company. The greatest thing that has happened to me was when I parted ways with it.
Pros
Benefits were not bad
Cons
Literally everything else
Recommend Seton Medical Hospital to work for
Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 1, 2018
Seton Medical hospital is a great place to work for. They foster and environment were employees can voice there concerns and feedbacks in regards to making Seton Medical Hospital a great place to work for.
I LOVED my 8 years at SSC until the last 6 months to a year
Clinical Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Working with patients in cerisis and making a real difference to them was the reason to be at work every day. I usually worked 12-16 hour shifts, weekends and holidays, full-time.

I loved the staff, the RN's and the RN Supervisors. The doctors were among the best in Texas.

My job had limited advancement potential and a low pay ceiling.
Pros
Restraint Free Orientation, Ongoing CPR training (quarterly), Exceptional medical & clinical staff
Cons
A few undertrained, incompetent unit managers & limited job advancement, low pay
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2018
During this time period, I volunteered one night per month (3-4 hours) at a clinic that served the undocumented alien population in Travis County, TX. The non-medical volunteers were pleasant and helpful. The other physicians involved were collegial and supportive.
Pros
See below
na
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Seton was a great place to work and also have that work balance to work and good environment. Despite the other issues Seton is a good place to work, build experiences and grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Family of Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight