Seton Family of Hospitals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stay away from Lockhart EMS!
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Lockhart, TexasAugust 10, 2018
I have worked many EMS-Paramedkc jobs and this is by far the worst. The stress of the job is a piece of cake compared to dealing with the back stabbing co workers who like to play games and cliches. They intentionally start rumors and accuse others that aren’t a part of their cliche by making you feel that your job is constantly on the line to be fired.
Benefits
Cons
Back stabbing co workers, horrible work culture
Fun work place, collaborative people.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2018
Workers must be very focused, concentrate on subject matter at hand, but playful, when needed to lighten the stress. Balance was easy to maintain most of the time.
Pros
Benefits and convenience.
Cons
Healthcare environment with deadlines.
Cla
CLA III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2018
Long hours on your feet, and poor co-workers are not dealt with, drives away good co-worker how get burnt out. No forward movement so moved on to another career.
Decent pay/ poor work environment/ extremely political
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
Seton used to be a great company to work for, before Ascension took over. After Seton switched CEO’s and Department heads the management became more concerned about making a buck than patient care. Overworked nursing staff and long floor hours, under funded departments, and insufficient supplies. But hey I was getting paid more than the people with masters degrees :/
Pros
Pay/pto/Insurance
Cons
Hostile management/ staff
Great fun atmosphere at Seton love the job. A place every opportunity is available
Clinical Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work where a individual can grow career wise. retirement, health benefits, college tuition, and scholarships program. Great program etc
Pros
Great health benefits
Typical staff nursing responsibilitry
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2018
Worked here part-time while I attended graduate school, so wasn't real involved in the day to day operations. I don't know what else to say. This was a part-time position while I was in graduate school
Pros
flexible
Cons
grueling work
Fun, Productive and challening.
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 9, 2018
I have learned a great deal of experience working in a hospital setting. I have enjoyed the challenge of learning medical rule, regulations and protocols within the security profession.
There has been a lot of change- not all for the better
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 8 years; things have changed so much over that time. They are not as employee focused as they used to be. It's about the bottom line, numbers, and surveys. All of these things have a place in healthcare but there needs to be balance.

All clinical shifts are 12 hours, they do not hire for positions that are shorter. Pay in the Austin area is significantly lower than comparable markets in San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston (even though cost of living is more expensive here).

Raises are not guaranteed, and don't keep up with cost of living increases. There is high turn over in new nurses (and I work in a unit that you wouldn't necessarily expect to see that). There is more value placed on recruiting new people than there is in keeping staff that they currently have - staff with knowledge, experience, and many years under their belt.

It's been a good ride, but I am ready for a change.
nice job
Radiologic Technologist III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 23, 2018
alright job/ clinical instructor for ACC/ went to
over 70 career days at local High Schools to promote
jobs in healthcare. Budget cuts eliminated MANY
OLDER WORKERS. Not good business.
Pros
pay
Cons
too busy
Hospital in Transition
Staff Radiographer M CT R (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2018
The Seton Family of Hospitals is in transition since the merge with Ascension Health. It has changed the work environment greatly. They were very good to me and allowed me to have a very malleable schedule and allowed me to work at most of the facilities.
Pros
Flexibility in my schedule
Cons
Lots of changes

Want to know more about Seton Family of Hospitals?

Ask a question
Seton is a charitable organization
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJune 5, 2018
Seton is a very charitable organization.Seton helps people who are unable to pay for health care services. They also have a Seton Home Health Care office.
Great employees!
Laboratory System Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 21, 2018
Great healthcare being given to patients. Must deal with management decisions and support from out of state. Slow to change directions due to size of operations.
Pros
Competitive benefits
Cons
Annual reductions in force followed by subsequent staffing shortages.
Great place to work!
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2018
Coworkers were amazing and supportive as well as collegial. Supervisor was great! I was able to utilize all my experience prior to working for Seton including the use of art, poetry and music. On-Calls were challenging resulting in long hours responding to staff, patients, and families at 4 hospitals at a time. Exhausting but rewarding!
Pros
Camaraderie with staff. Mutual support. Great place to learn and grow.
Cons
Response time during mutiple deaths at more than one hospital
It is a great place to work and provides good opportunity to learn.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnet, TXMay 14, 2018
A lot of changes have taken place and therefore job security and advancement are questionable. Otherwise it has provided great work life balance and opportunity to grow.
Develops a loyalty with staff
Support Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
There is a large tenured staff with Seton. Loyalty and dedication are created by how staff are treated. Opportunity to hear and be heard are available.
Need work in upper management and employee retention
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2018
Ascension, Seton Heathcare Family's parent company, has LOTS of work to do to improve hospital services and work environment. Retention is very bad and the hospitals are in the midst of trying to survive a budget crisis. Not a great time to work for organization.
Pros
worked with a great team
Cons
no job security
Horrible Experience!
Materials Management Coordinator-SCM (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2018
Seton could be a great place to work if they had a good management team, but they don't. They refuse to hire experience people for management but instead hire poor leaders from within who are apart of the buddy system; People who wont promote good change and who they can mentally control. Every manager I had was horrible and did not know my job. They refused to properly train me but wrote me up constantly. I had no choice but to quit! It was horrible!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
trust no one
No room for growth
Hostess Server (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 1, 2018
Fast paced, long shifts, understaffed and once you stay in a position it's really hard for you to move up considering that other people need to leave in order for you to do so.
Great residency program for new nurses
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
Wonderful place to learn new things. The downside is the are cutting back too much on the ancillary staff. I heard it was better when they were a private and locally owned hospital.
slow advancement for certain positions
Clinical Assistant II (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2018
It is difficult to advance if you are not a nurse or higher. So that leaves a lot of employees with second jobs. It is essential to advance in education to move up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Family of Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight