Seton Hall University Employee Reviews

Collaborative place to work
Teaching Fellow/Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJMarch 27, 2018
Wonderful administration and colleagues. Compensation is low, but it is a private school. The department members are interactive and friendly and departmental organization is superbly done.
The Stillman School was a viper pit
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJMarch 21, 2018
The faculty were cutthroat and unethical. The Chair pressured untenured faculty to change students' grades. The culture is one of jealousy and contempt for one another.
Bad boss
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  St Michael's Medical Center, Newark NJ 07079March 12, 2018
The job itself was good, but the institution would not pay our bonuses. Plus our immediate boss left and we also left for a better job. But, this was at St Micael's Medical Center, not at Seton Hall.
Pros
job itself
Cons
the boss
Amazing people
Peer Adviser (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 20, 2018
I have been able to help over 100 students transition from high school to college and it has been the most rewarding experience, and i have had the opportunity to meet the most amazing people. first year peer advisers can only max out at 20 hours bi weekly. that increases by 10 hours every year. Pay is very minimal and most other jobs on campus earn more, but this is by far the most rewarding one on campus. It is also one of the hardest to obtain as over 100 people apply and only 20-30 positions are available. I've had the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of a lot of people and I cannot put a price on that.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no benefits, low pay, no raises for the most part
Job
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach Division I (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 12, 2018
Seton Hall was a tough place to work. The manager had unrealistic expectations and did not care about his employees. I was over worked and under paid. I had limited contact with the director and yet he said it was a family atmosphere. Wrong.
a pleasant work environment
Digital Humanities Fellow (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 7, 2018
I taught a freshman class to students at varying levels of preparedness. Support for the Catholic mission is required; however, one has academic freedom at Seton Hall University.
Pros
small classes
Cons
no adjunct office
N/a
Athlete - Baseball - Big East Conference (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 5, 2018
I had a fantastic time going to school at Seton Hall. I was able to connect with Professor within the classroom and work on numerous projects outside the classroom as well.
Was not paid
Director of Soccer Operations (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 16, 2018
This was a part time role. I was not paid and only received free meals, gear and travel. I gained very knowledgable experience in a real Division 1 sports setting.
Pros
Free gear, great experience
Cons
no pay
Not a job, just college
Student (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 2, 2018
I did not work here. I went to school here. This is the second time this has happened. I will admit it is a bit humorous that it's happening again. I went to school here, did not work
Fun working place
LAN Administrator / Inventory (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJDecember 24, 2017
Friendly and non divisional employ. I served the students and staff daily with problems with their networks and computers. I strongly recommend Setton interested for employment.
Pros
Break periods
Cons
weekend offs

Want to know more about Seton Hall University?

Ask a question
Day of work
Alumni Relations Secretary (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJDecember 18, 2017
Seton Hall is a good place to work. Its a very relaxed environment and the people are very nice. Management is depending who you work for. The most enjoyable part is the students.
Pros
Obtain a degree for free
Cons
Pettiness
Relaxed and Slow-Paced Work Life
Student Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJDecember 6, 2017
I am very grateful to Seton Hall University for accepting me as an intern. Before I was an intern, I really did not know what to do with my life. Although I was a computer science major, I felt as if becoming a programmer was my passion. After a few weeks into the internship, I knew where my heart was and it was in the IT field as a Security Analyst or Network Engineer.
They Owed Me Money
Director/Mentor (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJNovember 25, 2017
I directed a play for them. They owed me money for work done. Not only did they not pay the full amount, they didn't send me proper tax documentation at the end of the year. I had to resort to writing the dean of the entire department to get paid. Classless. I'll never work for them again.
Pros
Good students
Cons
Inattentive, sloppy management
Top notch Division 1 Athletic Department
Facilities Manager, Brennan Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJNovember 8, 2017
This job was responsible for the setup, staffing and breakdown of division 1 NCAA Athletic contests. I learned how to manage a diverse set of employees, who were also students, making that the most difficult part of the job. The culture was outstanding, the AD and assistant ADs were outstanding, and the programs were top notch.
Hard to Say
Adjunct Professor, Money and Banking (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJOctober 31, 2017
I am an adjunct who has yet to teach my first class. I must say that the administration seems great thus far. Really I can not report much just yet. Stay tuned.
Fun and Friendly Atmosphere
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJOctober 24, 2017
I enjoyed working with students and Faculty to assist resolving their Technology issue. I learned how paying attention to detail is very rewarding. The workplace is diversified with talented people across the board. The hardest part of the job is communication being escalated to the higher chain of command for issues on ideas that would better production on Campus. Most enjoyable part of my job was the benefits.
Great opportunity to work with well respected teachers
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJSeptember 23, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with and contribute to the work of very dedicated and well-respected professionals. This opportunity was part of a scholarship.
More than excellent
Student Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Loved this job. The students were terrific. The work environment excellent. Although at times the job is stressful, it was very rewarding. I learned administrative skills.
good experience
Graduate Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJSeptember 17, 2017
\Get experiences to work with other and meet new students each semester. Also, you will get more experiences with various personalities. There will be a lot of challenges in the lab you will get ideas about how you can fix them.
Public Safety Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJSeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work under management and you learned something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of students for the university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Hall University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Seton Hall University Reviews by Location