Seton Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great co-workers & manager
Community Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 28, 2018
This position provided a lot of autonomy which was fantastic and never felt micromanaged. The best co-workers you could possibly work with and a manager who cared about you & helping to provide a means for personal growth. A day in this roll was never the same which was really nice. So much variety & meeting new people all the time. It was a fun position to be in as you can create programs, provide services in the community & a way to give and help others specifically relating to their health & wellness.

A lot of layoffs started happening in the past few years and therefore the work culture as a whole started changing and not for the good. My group was last to be effected.
Pros
Best co-workers, community appreciated services, paid good
Cons
Cutting programs because of Ascension acquisition
Seton Hospital
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 20, 2018
Working at Seton Hospital was a wonderful experience for someone like me because of my interest in the healthcare as a beginner. I learned so much from Seton and most importantly I learned the most from my patients. I love the way I connect and able to meet new people so easily. They taught me so much about myself and what I am capable of doing in an exceptional manner. It is great that Seton has system where CNAs can take a short program where they can learn do blood draws to support their nurses. I also like how Seton provides the system "SPS or float pool" meaning you can travel around Austin. Working at a hospital setting taught me so much. I am more skilled and knowledgeable after resigning. I am excited to continue to advance myself in the healthcare.
Pros
flexible schedule; travel opportunities; PRN positions;
Cons
hard to find breaks; low staffing; hard work; high patient acuity
Stressful day of work
Patient Service Representative/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJuly 13, 2018
A typical day at work started at 7 am, addressing patient issues, scheduling appointments, answering phones, verifying demographic information, addressing insurance issues, refilling prescription requests. The management at the time of my employment was very compassionate and tried to work with everyone to help the office run smoothly, however, that became very difficult when the head doctor went against all the changes and did what she wanted to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team that I worked with, we all made the job bearable for one another.
unsafe practice
Staff RN II (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJune 27, 2018
Unsafe environment for staff and patients. No support from upper management. Constant short staffing and nothing done about it from upper management. High RN turnover
The pharmacy department was an outstanding unit.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJune 21, 2018
Pharmacy department was under strong and quite capable leadership. There was a positive attitude amongst pharmacy personnel. Communication was great within the pharmacy department.
Change in environment
Emergency Department Staff RN II (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAMay 26, 2018
The Hospital has gone through many changes after being sold to a new management group. The staff that stayed are an excellent group, and are concerned for their patient's health.
Very good htertiary hospital
EKG Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMay 22, 2018
Seton Medical Center is a tertiary medican cewnter perched on top of a hill with magnificant 360 degree view. Quality of medical and nursing care is good to excellent.
Pros
Good hospital in a good location
na
Level II Trauma Center, Surgery Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 14, 2018
The culture was collaborative , however upward momentum was limited. The supportive atmosphere is great for a nurse new to the profession, but limited for those seeking advancement.
Productive, service oriented with the whole clinic.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 27, 2018
Energetic Medical Front Desk offering a wealth of experience in interacting with office staff and patients, supply restocking and scheduling appointments. Hardworking, educated and willing to go extra mile to complete any task. Customer service oriented, medical assistant skilled with greeting patients, preparing patients charts.
 A lot of medical culture that I learned in this company.
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome work place
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXMarch 22, 2018
I loved working at Seton Medical Center Harker Heights. I only left because the military moved my family. I sincerely miss my coworkers and the atmosphere there. Great team environment throughout the hospital!
Poor lack of management
Housekeeper/OR Dept (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 6, 2018
Poor lack of management no communication not enough pto time then they only give the new comers 2 points per paid checks and that’s not enough to do anything then the manager be lying about different things lack of workers on the 3rd shift to
Pros
No free nothing
Cons
Short breaks
On your Toes
Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAFebruary 23, 2018
When I started at Seton, I was relief, then a shift in the crew happened about six months in, needing a break from the bouncing around I took the Grave shift, no more than six months a Swing shift Opened I took on that shift. And in six or so month from there another Shift rotation came about and I was approached to take the Plant shift, they needed an Engineer that was a self motivated and not afraid of the tasks at hand, So I took a Pay decrease but it was a task I felt I could at the least improve on, and takle the lack of maintenance that had piled up.

I am not looking forward to leaving Seton, but the Bay Area is getting FAR too congested for my family and I.
Pros
Some very great Co-workers (Half the Crew)
Cons
Lack of support from Co-workers or liability on the other half
Relatively calm work environment
Eligibility & Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Love my manager, enjoy the culture at this hospital, could be paid more at another facility. Overall, would recommend working here if you're comfortable with average wages.
Great learning experience for inpatient setting
Inpatient Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJanuary 22, 2018
The pharmacy was in transition from one software to the next, it was very chaotic and the software was not relational database, it was linear and limited. The software introduction to the workflow completely hindered the capacity of the pharmacy staff to move fast.
Pros
inpatient experience
Cons
Terrible software
Student nurse review
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2017
I am a student nurse and worked with a preceptor during my time at this hospital. Great management, well staffed unit, the nurses were very welcoming and taught me a lot.
Good Place to work, liked their work ethic. Like that it was a Daughter of Charity Hospital, NIce place , close to San Francisco, California.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 31, 2017
Good Place to Work. Liked the fact that it was a Daughter of Charity Hospital. Easy commute to work. Near San Francisco, California.
Good group of employees.
Bad place to work:
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CASeptember 8, 2017
Don't work here. Every dept is nepotistic and if your not unionized here ton's of employees will complaint and management is useless to help you. And your fired. Many aspects of this place is who you know, and how long you will survive here. Just a matter of time until your fired and they say it was your fault and not the other way around. Horrible people, bad managements and no support and a backstabbing culture. Terrible.
Pros
None, big time bad.
Cons
If upper management actually listened to some of staff requests, the company could benefit
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moss Beach, CAAugust 18, 2017
We were told multiple times that they wanted our feedback and when we gave requests and ideas we never got any recognition. It was unfortunate because some of us actually cared about the company a lot, but some managers did not care much about our input. Some staff who did not care for patient's and safety protocols would remain in the company and not be reprimanded for bad behavior. It was sad to see staff who didn't care about the outcome of their actions.
Pros
Some staff had great work ethic and standards which reflected on great customer service
Cons
inconsistencies and a lack of follow up for proper standards
Productive and Warm working environment
Medical Assistant/ Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2017
I really enjoy working here. The staff is as welcoming as a family. The patients are a delight to work with and meeting new people everyday has always been polite and joy to know.
I love working here
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2017
I have been employed here for almost 5 years now and think of my coworkers as family. Looking forward to many more rewarding years. I just need a second job to assist with the financial responsibilities of my family.