Seva Beauty Employee Reviews

Its a nice place to work
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 24, 2019
The people i worked with were very friendly and they were amazing respectful people and did their job wonderful. a typical day at work for me was stand and translate and check people in make sure everybody leaves happy.
Beauty to the People
Beauty Guru (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 5, 2018
"Beauty to the People" was our company slogan. It was a fun place to work. It didn't feel like work because I had a ball helping women embrace their inner beauty.
Working at Seva Beauty
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2018
Have to have training, everything has to be perfect , meeting other needs , as well as making them feel beautiful and being confident in your own work
Pros
Tips
Cons
Standing on feet and hurt back
seva
Beautician (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILAugust 20, 2018
Horrible treatment to their employees. They even expected the employees to wash the floor with their hands and not a mop. Luckily they let the employees keep their tips.
It was really great.
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75006July 16, 2018
Every employee wants to freedom at work and my manager is really good. Management is great. Costumer service is great. I really enjoy my work at seva beauty salon. Thank you
Greaat people to work.with
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 3, 2018
Too slow.paced Inside a busy Wal-Mart.

Not enough traffic, repetitive back and forth within confines of store attempting to promote.

Manager was very friendly, not much moving around just walking through wal.mart attempting to promote products and services.
Pros
Breaks when necessarry fair work hours/ free eyebrow threading and facials
Cons
See above/ low pay
awesome
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2018
fast pace fun environment worked with some amazing women and we were like a little family. customers were so nice and loved our services. Threading was such a huge demand that we always had someone in our chair. Management made sure we were all taken care of.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
long hours on your feet
Not a Go to Job
Beauty Guru (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJune 19, 2018
Seva is a place you should work if you want to waste your time. You have to spend most of your day standing in front of the business handing out flyers almost begging people to come get something done.They are terrible with giving you actual hours and the entire facility is poorly managed. A typical day at work was stressful because the owners depended on the employees to figure everything out for them. Communication was very poor with the team and overall just a poor environment to work in.
Cons
Terrible Management
good fit for first job
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 3, 2018
If you are a student it would be a good fit for you. Slow paced not really busy this is not the place to build a career, or stay long term. This job is really for teenage/young adults who are just entering the workforce.
Pros
Spa setting learning
Cons
no benefits, only hourly & tips
Very stressful and not a good Environment
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  EstheticianJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day at work was very stressful and unfair. The workplace culture is very chaotic and very unorganized. I would not recommend this place for work.
Good work place
Guru (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 10, 2017
It's a really good environment, I love work here just wish the pay was better and wish we got benefits. The manager and owner are great and I love what I do
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Pay
slow
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 10, 2017
It's a great company. I've worked at two different stores, 1 in each state and they were both very different. I honestly believe it has everything to do with management.
Pros
great management=great job
Cons
slow
Co workers were fun and friendly
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
Manager was terrible not friendly to customers or employees . Management did not know any information on products or how to sale them. Management was rude at times and did not trust employees
Great working environment
Esthetician/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 7, 2017
Needs to be up to date with skin care needs. Focusing too much on retail rather then the guest. Facials are too simple and needs more relaxation techniques.
Pros
Easy environment
Cons
Inside a Walmart.
terrible place to work for the owner is a joke .
MANAGER /LEAD ESTHETICIAN (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 14, 2017
I was the Manager there from the beginning, i left in April because the owner was a unfair man with terrible work conditions. He know nothing about the beauty industry and was only in it for the money.
Pros
Got to make clients happy
Cons
The owner
Fun place to work.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 2, 2017
A typical day at work will start with opening the spa and prepare for the day. Then greet the customers and provide them with high quality services.The management was very nice and plesant to work for.
Dramatic workplace when i was there always drama including managment
Licensed Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 27, 2017
I only enjoyed it because i was able to work and do what i loved. The constant changes every other week began to get annoying,especially when the employees were not notified until the last minute.
Pros
doing what i loved which was facials
Cons
things were constantly changing every other week without notifying the employees, such as pay and new spa rules.
Worst place I ever worked!
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  DixonMarch 13, 2017
Horrible place to work at. Maybe if you're new and need experience it's okey. But this place is poorly sanitized, products are so cheap that they barely work. Skin care products smell horrible and don't even work. Management is the worst I have ever worked for. Owner is NEVER there. Workers are not well trained but forced to do the service. Very slow business, barely any tips or commission because people don't wanna buy those horrible skin products or make up. Wishing good luck to this company.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else.
the owner is just as frazzled as her hair
Spa Manager (Former Employee) –  RsevilleDecember 1, 2016
The owner needless to say bit off more than she could chew. Unfortunately I do not believe that company is still in business.
Pros
location was good, close to home
Cons
the owner
Bad hours, Manager and owner we're barely there
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Dixon, CANovember 28, 2016
I think Dixon is a bad place to even open a business because nothing really survives here, unless it's like a fast food place. Also, people thought we were a hair salon. The location of Seva in the Walmart has a disadvantage because everyone goes out of the grocery section. Some people are not even interested in getting a facial. Most people get their eye brows done at that perfect eye brow place at the plaza where Travis credit union is. The pros about working here was the employee discount, other than that there's a lot of cons.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no health or dental benefits, bad hours, hours are always cut, location of the salon has a disadvantage, not enough employees