Seven Hills Foundation Employee Reviews

Awful Prevention n Education department
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 15, 2019
Most of staff are nice and are there to help. They really have to get more educated in the field. Giving wrong information is not good and lying to consumers.
Program director is the worst. Very unprofessional. One who thinks they know everything and is better than everyone.
Seven hills is not a place to work at
unless you enjoy being hum
Not a great advocate for lgbtq community
Community Health Educator (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 29, 2019
The MSM organization has great team members but a narcissist condescending and uneducated ignorant director. There were instances where I felt she couldn’t care less or tried to punish us
Good work environment!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 18, 2019
I learned a lot from my time working in Seven Hills, especially while doing my masters degree, many of the things I learned I used them during my studies.
I calm but firm workplace environment. I worked as a PASS Worker and was a great experience.
PASS Worker (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 17, 2019
I can only speak about the PASS program. It was a great experience and my manager was great at his job and was a great mentor when I first started. I would definitely recommend the PASS program to anyone intrested but I can't say much about the day program due to not working there.
Rewarding Job
Direct Support Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAJune 6, 2019
Employees in the Mental Health field aren't paid nearly enough as they should be.
pick up car, drive to location to pick up person, ask if they need help with anything at home, take them to appointments or run errands, drop them back home and go to the next person.
Try arc, you inc, the bridge, or anything else. Company doesnt play by rules and only way to survive is become someone close to the "in crew"
Assistant Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 24, 2019
Dont believe the hype. They are known for mistreating good quality staff and they really from on people who "talk bad about something" they have their own politics and only way to survive here is to keep mouth shut, and try to get into their close circles that they have. Its sad because it should be about their residents and clients but they fail to prove that.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Management, corrupt ness, not honouring whistleblowers, they go by the time youve been there meaning seniority, is always right and, they will fire you if you think different
Great
HR (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 23, 2019
Great experience for those interested in the human service field and the provide of opportunities to grow professionally from within. There are also various scheduling options.
Apon leaving the pedi center, it's hard to express the level of relief lifted from my chest. Staff morale was extremely low.
Certifed Nurses Aid/ Teachers assistant (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAMay 19, 2019
You never felt heard, respected, or cared for at all at the Pedi center. (Working conditions are poor, along with the pay salary.) The higher your rank the less work you did. If you are an AID, expect to be treated like a child and talked down to, that's just a GIVEN. High turnover rate. Raises for the most part are nonexistent.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Horrible working environment, They treat CNA's extremely poorly, Your rank dictates your respect level, raises for the most part of are nonexistent, Unsafe working conditions, Patient care is subpar.
Not an employee friendly company
Management (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 19, 2019
For a company in the people field they have horrible people skills! Very low pay, mandated overtime without pay “ it’s part of your job” , management and HR don’t care and don’t listen! Favoritism runs rampant throughout!
Great Benefits and Culture
Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  Marstons Mills, MAMay 17, 2019
I loved working at Seven Hills. I wouldn’t leave but they’ve decided not to hire new grad nurses anymore and I am a new grad. Amazing benefits, the cape team is wonderfully supportive of each other.
Best Place To Work
RESIDENT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 15, 2019
I haven’t worked for Seven Hills in 3 years however, I can not help but to thank them for all that I learned there. It was one of the best jobs that I’ve ever had. Yes, at times it can get hard. Thanks to supportive coworkers and supervisors, I always knew I had back up. I miss this place!
Pros
Pay, individuals, training opportunities, work/life balance.
Cons
Far location, no consistent pay raise
Fulfilling work but poor pay and management, no room for growth
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 14, 2019
Love the population you work with and the residents are awesome but other than that it’s not a good company to work for. Low pay, schedules aren’t easy, mandated to stay if other staff don’t show up, management doesn’t care about employees, and a lot of the dsp workers just cause drama at the workplace and nothing gets done about it, or other staff don’t show up, call out, come in late etc. and depending on who they know they got away with it. They promise promotions or a schedule change and nothing happens no matter what you do, very good at telling you what you want to hear to get you in the door then nothing of what they said happens. The only positive for me was working with the clients and how rewarding it is to be able to help them live independently and with dignity.
I liked working there
Respite Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 13, 2019
I loved working with my clients. They all meant something special to me and I tried my best every time I came in contact with them to treat them as if they were my children. I thought that the program did a great job in finding clients close by and they offered CPR training and certification. This was a great organization and I still have friends who work there and love it.
Pros
helping make a difference in peoples lives
Cons
Wish I could get paid more
Good company ,but the management doesn't represent the people and culture
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 23, 2019
It be more exclusive to the people that work for company like the direct care staff who are most diverse group of people. The management at the need to try and make comfortable for staff to speak freely without the fear of retaliation.Listening to the staff instead Residents Director at twice a year.
Pros
Good company, and good benefits
Cons
Bad management
Seven-hills foundation
Certify Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 16, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the residents. the hardest part of my Job is when the residents are sick, and cannot communicate to any staff their pain.
Equall opportunity community company
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 8, 2019
Can be stressful and challenging at times
Management is proactive
multicultural employees
I learnt how to deescalate challenging behavior
Health insua.
Not worth your time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Groton, MA 01450April 7, 2019
I worked at Seven Hills Pediatric and I loved the residents. However, administration is so out of touch about what needs to be done to take the workers happy. They pay so little they have to find people from other countries to work for them. the in house administration doesn't ever want to actually deal with real issues and you will be penalized for speaking out for injustices, whether it be for the residents or other coworkers. They appreciate nothing extra that people do, and its expected you work overtime to fill holes while always working short. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU NEED TO MAKE A LIVING.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
Low pay, always short, left with no support
Great work place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Groton, MAMarch 25, 2019
I have enjoyed my years working with the people of Seven Hills. It is a great foundation and the staff is exceptional. I recommend this job to anyone interested special needs. It is an amazing experience.
Awful management
Assistant Residence Director (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAMarch 8, 2019
Management does not care about their staff at all. They pick favorites and if you're not one of them then you get screwed over constantly.............
Cons
No breaks. Terrible management
Overburdened management and staff
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 8, 2019
Which is to be expected given the industry. Low pay for high level work - just don't step on toes. Difficult to be experienced in lower management as many in upper are not. No work life balance, but incredibly rewarding.