Seven Hills Foundation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Work at home but don't live
Provider (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 16, 2018
Seven Hills is excellent at individual focused care. If you are family of an individual requiring shared living, this is the company to use! Unfortunately being a provider means following a very strict and rigid lifestyle focused solely on the individual. Their advocacy for human rights of the individual is notable and fantastic, not so much for the providers though.
Pros
work from home, excellent pay
Cons
a lot of paperwork, strict lifestyle must be followed to be a successful employee
productive place to work
Shared Living Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleton, MAAugust 14, 2018
The most enjoyable job A great teaching environment and great colleagues to work with. Great atmosphere, I have worked with plenty of great families who were on my caseload
Team team and relaxing atmosphere.
Direct support specialist (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MAAugust 4, 2018
The residents that I worked was very relaxing. We worked together as a team and made sure the individuals needs were met. The director played a major role as a team leader and made sure that things were done in a timely manner.
Pros
Every staff was given an opportunity to contribute to the team
No controll
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barre, MAJuly 31, 2018
Every employee seems like they have no boundries in ther job, they have no accountabilty, ther is no type of programs they certainly are not vested in the kids. needs new leadership
Pros
if you cant make it at a real job stetson is a great place to work
Cons
No follow threw and emails gets you off the hook for any responsibility
Great with clients
Direct Support Staff/ Respite Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 28, 2018
They are great with our clients but not as great at providing staff with hours. Its more per diem than part time and isnt very steady. You Definetely cant live of just the income of this job but thats just the respite positions in their company.
Pros
Great working with clients
Cons
Poor hours
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlton, MAJuly 23, 2018
This is a caring supportive environment with great supervision and support. The management os always willing to answer questions. They are concerned about life/work balance and about having a healthy relationship with the client.
fun job
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJuly 18, 2018
Worked in My Choice program and had a lot of fun with my clients. We worked on daily living and social skills. We went out into the community to volunteer in different areas. Just helped with socializing them and teaching them how to do things on their own.
good work place
Direct support and activity specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 28, 2018
very nice place to work at. It will be missed. I was able to get along with almost everyone there. They were always willing to give me time off for my kids when ever I needed time off for my kids.
The company is not for the people they serve more for the money
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJune 25, 2018
Consistence change in upper management very clickie with staff if you don't work over the hours or do more than your paid they find things to dismiss good staff.
Pros
great providers and clients
Cons
cliky staff members
It was a good job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 24, 2018
Working at Seven Hills was an easy job. Just like in every other food service job I had before, everyone was great and the food was delicious. The job was nice but did not pay much!
Pros
Good People, good job
Cons
no cons
supportive and encouraging place of employment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 7, 2018
Sevenhills Foundation is an extremely wonderful place to work.
The experiences that you can encounter and the people you meet enrich your life like no other
Pros
great support and chance for advancement
Cons
can not afford to live with the pay
Fun place to work
Home Based Treatment Staff (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, RIMay 18, 2018
Fun job, learned a lot about working with children with disabilities. The hours are second shift and was only part time. It was a great job while I was in college for underg
Horrid
Supervisor, Senior Staff, Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Barre, MAApril 28, 2018
This is the most unorganized and unsafe place I have ever worked. They overwork their staff and do not genuinely care about their residents. You are entitled to a break you may never get because there is no coverage. You are mandated to stay if coverage cannot be found for the next shift, which happens very often. The residents are extremely hard to manage but they still hire uneducated, lazy workers who do not do their jobs. You do not get the support you need. The residents can be very dangerous but you may not have the physical support you need when doing restraints or other TCI.
Cons
do not care about clients, low chance of breaks, uneducated/lazy workers, unsafe, overworked, mandatory extra shifts, unsafe
Great place to work, but doesn’t pay enough.
Assistant Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Dracut, MAApril 19, 2018
A great company to work for , the job is fulfilling. The staff and residents are pleasant and kind. Only problem is the hours are limiting and the pay is not enough to live comfortably.
Pros
Great residents and staff. Good benefits.
Cons
Mentally exhausting, schedule is hard to work with.
Employees are equal to cattle. Mindless, expendable.
Residence Director (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 15, 2018
The higher up the ladder you go, the deeper the corruption. The dishonesty, and manipulation are abhorrent. Entry level staff are either amazing and dedicated and taken advantage of, or skate by while doing the absolute bare minimum with no repercussions. Up to, and including falsifying documents to cover up gross misjudgment or neglect and mistreatment of the individuals. The people who truly care, and try to make a difference are worn down and beaten into submission until they either give up and buckle under, or leave. People are accepted into programs that are inappropriate for the level of care required simply for the money, and loved ones are blatantly lied to about the level of care available and actually provided. Serious incidents are covered up or ignored COMPLETELY. It's never ending.
Pros
Hard-core experience in regards to politics and policies.
Cons
Money talks, and matters more than the care of the people supported or the people working.
Classroom Instr./ Music/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 5, 2018
Workplace designed to enhance lives of Special Needs adults. In a classroom environment that is not conducive to the participants. I am very much liked and respected by the individuals with whom I work. However, it appears that management is not in sync with what we are really trying to accomplish. Needless to say, I come to work every day with the purpose of encouraging individuals to perform with all that I have passed on to them.
Pros
Make somewhat of a difference in the lives of the individuals I work with
Cons
Inadequate pay, employees treatment in reference to goals that are trying to be met, lack of respect for hardworking employees by management
Able to be creative with activities as client centered
Comminity support aide (Former Employee) –  South Kingstown, RIApril 2, 2018
A very good experience, supportive supervision, sometimes client was uncooperative. I went to client’s home after school about three days a week. We would drive to the beach sea wall (ten minutes from home) and walk the wall and on the beach approximately three miles. We walked once a week to a local church where I assisted the Clint with a volunteer job setting up and serving for a comminity meal. I helped client determine some life goals such as hygiene, cooking , and possible employment. I attended case management meetings with the social worker and parent of client. I also maintained an activity/ progress log for communication with parent and social worker.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Office was 45 minutes from my home but client community was close to my hime
A very good experience for everyone involved
Respite Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 21, 2018
Getting to meet and work with a person with a mental disability is a rewarding experience because not only do you get to learn and grow with them, they get to grow and learn with you, and the impact you have on each other shows immediately.
Engaging
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MAMarch 9, 2018
I adore my job for many reasons. My schedule is flexible which allows room for other pursuits and it is engaging with the residents. I have grown to adore the residents I work for which makes my job much more pleasing.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Repetitive work
Excellent place but poor role definition
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMarch 5, 2018
Very rewarding and exciting place to work. The usual bumps. Low pay. Very poor role definition, the expectation is you can do the RD role plus be a DSP and scheduler. That means 40% of time is spent doing non-RD role. Current management doesn't quite have the long term sight to see what that means. If you are smart you can see the writing on the wall for the type of mistakes that will bring.
Pros
Constantly busy.
Cons
A lot of time spent doing other people's tasks, short staffing, have to be scheduler instead of responding to scheduling