Sevenson Environmental Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
A lot of run around and indecision
Office (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Decent place, people are nice, a lot of indecision and uncertainty however. Salary is very entry level. Benefits are shocking, and not in a good way. Would suggest looking elsewhere if you are searching for a career.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
A lot of career question marks
Not a bad company, just like any other company. Not much standing out from other companies.
Union Hazmat Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pompton Lakes, NJJanuary 4, 2018
Overall not a bad company to work for. The management personal were not bad, but also not good. Overall much like any other construction company, one main difference was most companies are
hypocritical with respect to safety. Or don't follow through. This company seems to stick to there guns. Are not flexible about safety take that as you want.
Pros
Reasonable amount of time for task completion. Direct Deposit available, email pay stubs/paperless.
Cons
Management (typical) condescending additude.
Outdoor labor
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 19, 2017
Fast-paced work environment with strong leadership. Job tasks varied (in this location) and not micromanaged - but demanding that they were done correctly. Company does environmental clean-up projects which can be seasonal or long-term in nature. Mine was seasonal and I will be returning when new season starts, beginning of March.

This is nature of company: In another state (travel required), long week/short week (which allows you to go home every other weekend), and paid accommodation (either apartment or hotel) and stipend (food).

I learned to operate front loader, water truck (large machine) and bob cat (small machine) equipment. Work can be strenuous!
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Away from home and seasonal.
Very fun
Welder/ laborer (Former Employee) –  New Johnsonville, TNNovember 18, 2017
Hard work but very fun had a lot of great work member /friends to make the day better I really liked the job I was a press puller manually....its hard work but worth the pay
Pros
20 min lunch
Cons
No breaks
good place
Heavy equipment mechanic, Welder/ fabricator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 20, 2017
Great people relaxed place to work they take care of there employees even down to free lunches on Friday in the summer they are very understanding of family matters
Great team to work with
Heavy Capacity Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAOctober 8, 2017
Coming on board was welcoming and I hit the ground running. Great group of men to work with. Challenging and learned a lot. They were all willing to help and give tips on more proficient operating tricks.
Pros
Great group
Cons
Far from my home
Great company to work for.
Cost Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 9, 2017
Even though the hours were long it was a friendly atmosphere with great coworkers. I learned a good deal about capping and dredging. This was a great company to work for.
Pros
All good
Great management and safety
Hydraulic Capping Operator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 26, 2017
My day would start with a production meeting followed by a safety meeting. Safety was a important aspect of the job. I learned much about OSHA and the importance of a strong safety culture at work. Learned more about environmental remediation and the impact it has on a community. I really enjoyed everyone I worked with. The 75 plus hours a week were hard on my family, but we persevered.
Pros
Great pay working outside cleaning Onondaga lake.
Cons
Good
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Local company. Offers a variety of work. Pay is decent. Benefits are good. Provides training as needed. Supportive of employees and their families
Learned a lot in a professional work environment
Project Engineer/CAD Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 7, 2016
My input and opinion was respected and understood from the first day on the job. I learned a lot about the industry and was given a lot of autonomy to do what I had to do to get results.
Once a routine of work activity started I became efficient and proactive with my responsibilities.

I learned about site surveying and incorporating survey data such as spot elevations, control points, area and depth of excavation and how to calculate volume of removed material. Using survey information I was able to prepare site restoration plans which include site drainage, new concrete, asphalt, and vegetation areas.

Co-workers were for the most part respectful and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was the learning curve in the beginning.

I enjoyed working four ten hour days and having a three day weekend for most of the year.
Pros
4 day work weeks 9 mos out of the year
Cons
Communication was at times not followed through
very good company to work for
Site & Safety Health Officer (Former Employee) –  Roebling NJMarch 17, 2015
Very good company to work for. communication with in the company was good and with in the management. Very good with health and safety.
great experience and able to see different parts of the country
Project Engineer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Sevenson is a great company to work for and gives the ability to travel and work at the same time.
Pros
most holidays and every other weekend spent home with family and friends
Cons
pretty much always on the road
Amazing opportunity with tough lifestyle
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 30, 2014
Sevenson has completed some very difficult and costly remediation construction projects. They have a great corporate office structure. The majority of workers travel extensively in order to oversee the remediation projects. However, Sevenson does a good job compensating employees.
Good pay, but no personal life or hopes for advancement
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 22, 2013
The pay is good, but if you want to have a personal life, this is not the job for you. You work on the road 100% of the time, and only get to see your family 2 weekends a month if you are lucky. The company is family owned, so dont expect to ever go corporate- regardless of what they promise you. Most of the field management has been in the same position for over a decade without getting the promotions they were promised when they were hired. So they are in their 40s and still on the road.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Work/life balance, No Advancement
Operations Technician/Soil Washing Plant Operator OU1 & 3 (Former Employee), Vineland, NJ
Head Operator (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJAugust 23, 2013
I was there for a little over eight yrs. through Aerotek and was hired after 60 days. The crew I worked with was great, they showed me what I needed to know in the Water Treatment Plant. Pay and Advancement was Great. I was asked to be apart of a eight person crew to start the first Soil Washing Treatment Plant in the country, to remove Arsenic from soil and replace it back to the environment from where it was as clean fill. I Loved It wish I was still there.
Pros
A New Experiences and Challenges Every Day
Cons
PPE all day In up 90+ temps. in the summer with 100% Humidity :) :)
Very good company to work for
Health & Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 14, 2013
Site-safety inspections
Work together with management, union, residents, sub-contractors.
Good company to work for
Construction Quality Control (CQC) Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden New JerseyJuly 13, 2013
Typical day at work would be part time in the field and in the office working with good people. Things I learned are environmental testing requirements and AutoCAD. Hardest part of the job was getting soils approved for use on project. Enjoyable part of the job was working with people who put forth the effort to complete the project on time and under budget.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Job security
Good Experiance
Construction Quality Control (CQC) Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden New JerseyJune 7, 2013
Daily work included filing reports witness site testing inspection of work installed. Part of what I learned is environmental testing, the management personnel I worked with were very professional coworkers easy to work with and were very helpful when needed. Hardest part of job was finding soils that would be approved with the Army COE. Most enjoyable part were the accomplishments of the projects.
Pros
Work hour
Cons
Medical Benifits
Excellent company to work for
Project Radiation Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 5, 2013
Contract work. Lots of travel. When contract is up, no work. I enjoyed all the people that I came in contact with and worked with while working for this company.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
travel
Great place to work and loved the people. The work was rewarding
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 17, 2012
Office Manager for environmental service company,
Learning about hazardous waste was informative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sevenson Environmental Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Sevenson Environmental Services, Inc. Reviews by Location