SEVERN TRENT Employee Reviews

Good place to work , had too work a lot of OT.
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXMay 4, 2018
Checking on Water & Wastewater Plants. Keeping all places in compliance with TCEQ permits. Helping out other opertor's as needed. Keeping up good customer relations.
Pros
Cons
Too much turn over in management.
a wonderful place to work and make a carrier
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXApril 5, 2018
this company is nation wide and has great benifets and chances to climb the ladder just like family everyone got along and helped and got the work done in a save manner because saftey is there goal
Pros
they had lunches when we had meetings and breakfast
Cons
breaks was normal and the health care was great
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 31, 2018
I miss working at this place! I love the management and everything about it! It was a quiet, but yet, consistent pace and everyone there was very happy and respectful.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Challenging Fun
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I was hired on for a year contract position. The company relocated to Texas. The company was going through some downsizing. I did enjoy the challenges of working on resolving contract issues. My military experience was deemed s a valuable asset in our department.
Pros
Great workplace atomsphere
Cons
Temporary position
Seven Trent Services was a great jobs at work at management could have been a little better but overall good experience
Maintenance II Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2018
7 train is a large company gave me a shot never have much of a complain about 7 Trent Services it was the basis for a start that I appreciate 7 train gave me a chance with nobody else would
Pros
Good job
Cons
I don't really have anything to complain about when it comes to seven Trent services
mail runner
Mail Runner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I drove around houston most of the day going to different offices to deliver inner office mail. I also took deposits to the bank and distributed incoming mail and took outgoing to post office
Pros
relaxed
Steady work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAJanuary 15, 2018
The work load is fair, no overtime required. Basic office work with a strong amount of accounting and purchasing. Work flow does not always come to this position via the manager. Other departments feel the need to dump work on this position.
Pros
Close to home. No overtime. Great co-workers
Cons
Too many bosses
Good Job
Utility technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Awesome people who worked there. Many managers are very understating. But can quickly write you up. Awesome experience. Would recommend to anyone. Just need to be ready to get dirty most of the time. Not always easy.
Understaffed company that expects you to be available 24/7.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2017
The company stays understaffed to try and save money. They push the employees to work long hours and tons of overtime but then complain about the overtime hours and nitpick the time you spend on any type of work, asking why it took that long and could it have been done faster. Management doesn’t communicate well at all. They won’t pass down information needed to do your job then will reprimand you for not doing it right. They also like to micro manage certain aspects of your job. They still do almost everything in the field on paper and there is always tons of paperwork. So much so that it almost takes you longer to do the paperwork than it does to do the job.

The pay is pretty competitive with other like companies and the other employees are easy to work with. If you are willing to put up with the major lack of communication and the constant under staffing, it’s really not too bad a place to work.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Very poor communication between the management and staff, tons of paperwork as the company is way behind on technology.
Family first, great place to work
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77073November 30, 2017
Severn Trent has given me the opportunity to grow and prove myself, I will always be grateful for. The mangers are good, and the company in a whole always puts family first. The most difficult part of the job is tight last minute dead lines, however the most enjoyable is the finished product of what you were able to complete.
Pros
Hire from within
Cons
Always a fire to put out
Great starting career
Lead water/wastewater Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
Able to advance as fast as you would like.
Many skills can be achieved here as long as you are willing to put your effort to progress. You will may be a manager or a leader in the field with no discrimination.
Enjoyable, fun, interesting place
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 20, 2017
There was a great deal of team work here. We were the US HQ and had a good deal of US business that relied on us. We were very prideful regarding helping to bring clean drinking water to areas around the world. The management was dedicated to their employees as the company. The had great benefits and vacation plans. There was a good mentor program as well.

I was an executive assistant and the office manager. The latter taught me a great deal, especially when I joined the team to move us from a very old building to new open environment. It was challenging but educational. I continued to do the admin responsibilities for the executives as well as the office manager role so I was extremely busy but I loved it.
Pros
vacation, education, mentor
Cons
change in management changed the company - not for the better
A day at Greater Ouachita water company STS
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAOctober 4, 2017
As a service technician I repaired water leaks such as main line breaks and leaks in the customers meter box I also fulfilled service work orders such as disconnects and reconnects and also customer low water pressure issues. Everyday there was changes whit this company, management didn't get a long at all and because of that the works stayed confused and stressed out on what to do and not to do on a day to day basis but for the most part the works all got along well and believed in team work
below
Lead Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLAugust 9, 2017
on call 24/7 no maintenance man no shift operator. it takes them over six months to get a employee to work for them. structural contracts take over two years before the county and severn trent can come to a agreement. when I left I needed a filter repaired and a clarifier repaired, nothing has been done with this equipment since 1996.
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many hours
Good company, Bad management
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 6, 2017
It was a good company. Benefits were amazing! Medical/Dental/Vision were extremely affordable! I miss it!
Only bad thing was members hired family and then there was always a conflict of interest when issues arose.
Pros
1 lunch
Cons
Manager was not organized or professional. Never made decisions based on right reasons
not a good company to work for
operator 4 (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAJune 21, 2017
not what u know its who u know ,they give jobs to the people they know personally not who is best for the job.. they are unethical and not an equal opportunity employer !
Not Organized
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 31, 2017
It is a place of not what you know but who you know. Office "Manager" was highly uneducated in her position, and receive the job on the basis of little experience partnered with her friendship with the regional manager. At the location I was in it was unethical treatment and conduct of most employees in the office and a double standard. Management was highly unorganized and hired two people for the same type role. Management in corporate and at locations run in cliques. Bottom line if they want you out you are out and will come up with unethical and unreasonable causes. There are other jobs out there with more opportunity, better pay and a less stressful work environment. I would pass on working for Severn Trent.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Cut-throat environment, cliques
MAITENANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 31, 2017
Severn Trent has managed my current plant for 3 years and in those 3 years we have focused on all safety aspects, bringing the plant up to code and also have done some much needed capital improvements and have more in the near future.
I have been able to further advance my career with this company and would continue to work for them until retirement if I was not interested in relocating.
Good company
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
I liked my position, but they brought in new boss, who wanted to bring in his own staff, so he made it unbearable to work there. Luckily I was able to transfer to a different division.
You get to be outside
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 19, 2017
You deal with alot of city workers.sometimes they treat you different b ecause you dont work directly for the city. On a daily basis your scenery changes .You get to go to all different neighborhoods and meet new people.
Pros
see new places
Cons
contracts expire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEVERN TRENT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight