Sevita

Sevita Employee Reviews

United States4,446 reviews

Found 4,446 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,453 reviews
mentorindividualclientnetworkneurorestorativeserveparticipantstaff

This company truly has an overall vision and values their employees!

Featured review

Sevita selected this as a representative review
Current Talent Acquisition member. This is a difficult position given the current environment but the company does amazingly well at making your challenging work feel appreciated and valued. Opinion's matter to leadership. They listen and implement change. As a whole they very much care about work life balance and provide multiple avenues for support, training etc.This is the company I will retire with :)

September 12, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience, we appreciate your review!

What is the best part of working at the company?I work with incredible people who really care about the individuals we serve. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?On call responsibilities What is the work environment and culture like at the company?We work together as a team. I never feel like I am alone What is a typical day like for you at the company?I alternate from working in the office to working at home be of the sites. I sometimes have to work a direct care shift. And I sometimes am able to work at home.

Sevita insights

Based on 1,885 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

What is the best part of working at the company?Working with the individuals What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management not allowing us to take off. Being made to work 7days not able to see family most of the time. I ask for one day off each week to be able to take my child to therapy and was not able to. Coverage was found with no overtime and still was not able to take offWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?I love the environment at the house I worked atWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I had a lot of great days just being able to take care of my guys there was a blessing

Decent place to work

I enjoyed the clients. Wasn’t a fan of management. If I could change anything, it would be getting the clients more involved in the real world and focusing more on their individual needs instead of generalizing them.

Fast paced environment

Can be very rewarding yet stressfull. carries a lot of responsibility. Must cover multiple areas turn over is high. Hours are flexible not compensated adequately for workload

Good workplace

Clients are the best part of the job. Main house management is great, higher ups not so much. Just make sure to stand your ground on hours and availability and you should be fine. Lots of downtime if you’re a student and need to review some things occasionally.

Unorganized company

There’s no HR team, the HR team is a 1800 number. They are Short staffed due to people quitting daily. They provide hardly any training. The EI program is being ran by a director who has no child development experience Overall The EI program was a hostile environment to work in and the company itself lacks organization.

Promises Note Kept

This company will make promises to you, in writing, before you sign your job offer. The first day of work, everything changes and you will be micromanaged until you lose all of your confidence and will to work.

Friendly

I love the company and my manger. She is the sweetest and co workers we are like a family and we all love what we do. Its so hard to leave becuase you create a special vond with your clients and they make u feel cery much appreciated. Only thing I complain is no benefits and pay sucks

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexible, manageable solutions, like a family What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Toileting

Great participants/Awful management

Working with the participants is very rewarding. Management however, is not the best. Nothing is ever said to or done to coworkers that you follow that do not do their jobs. Concerns are very rarely listened to either. You must also be in a certain clique to ever get ahead.

Great coworkers

Great environment with the exception of some leaders. A bit disorganized, a lot of unnecessary paperwork, poor communication. No balance of work/home life at all.

Pros

Great office staff

Cons

No Work/home balance

DON is great to work with and very easy to communicate with. I always felt like my input was heard and they work with your schedule. Definitely would recommend

Love the client but management is terrible.

Management is terrible, no communication no training and they are rude . They don’t treat their employees fair . They pick and choice who they want to be nice to or favor.

December 1, 2022
Thank you for your review. Effective communication is essential to provide the best level of care to individuals we serve. We value your input and will continue to improve staff communications.

What is the best part of working at the company?The good team work on support from my boss and coworkers What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The extremely shortest of staff and not support from the head of the company. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment Was calm depending who was on charge. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Full of stress, a lot of work and you never know if the replacement will come

Over worked and management sucks

Over worked and hard work goes unrecognized. Management is unemphatetic and constantly threatens your employment. They are only consern with making productivity not the individuals we serve.

No life!

Very bad experience overworked no staff and Monday’s off and if you do get one off they call you in and as a manager you have to go regardless the pay was good but you can’t enjoy it

Busy

Will overwork you if you let them, PD lies and is not supportive, questions and concerns go unanswered, and talks behind your back to coworkers. do not recommend

Pros

idk

Cons

lots

Flexible Schedule, Great Paid Time Off benefits, Great Opportunities for Growth

There are many training opportunities offered to expand my skills if needed. The people I work with are supportive, helpful, and friendly. My schedule is flexible so I am able to make it work for me. I have been with the company for 33 years and have worked a variety of positions starting out in direct care.

Join our team!

I just had my 33rd work anniversary. I love the people that I am fortunate to work with every day! From those we provide services to, their families/guardians and our amazing staff. As many other providers and organizations across the county, we do not have a sufficient work force to meet the needs of those in our services in the manner that we want to. This puts more pressure on our existing staff and supervisors to work long hours. We need to figure out the solution for this. I recognize that higher wages and better benefits is only a piece of the puzzle, but it is often the one that our staff report the most as the highest need.

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

December 1, 2022
Thank you for your review. We could not fulfill our mission of helping people of all abilities thrive without caring team members. We continue to make enhancements and seek ways to further improve our programs and benefits – including compensation – for our team members.

Mixed feelings

This company serves a very wonderfully complex population. The individuals we care for are amazing. The will inspire you to want to be a better human. The management and HR could use some improvement. There are really no policies to hold staff accountable, so many employees do not last. The integrity of the people they hire is very questionable at times. It is frustrating when you want to make big changes in the lives of those you serve but everyone around you is okay with doing the bare minimum. This job does offer great flexibility, decent pay, and a fun work environment. I think everyone should spend some time working with the population served by this company because it truly does change your outlook on life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sevita. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sevita.
Powered byComparably