Seward County Community College Employee Reviews

Friendly workplace
Registrar (Work Study Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSMarch 1, 2019
I was happy working as a Work Study Student for the Registrar office. The ladies I worked with were always nice and very helpful when I asked questions.
SCCC was a positive place to work.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSNovember 11, 2018
The work environment at SCCC was congenial and communal. The school was integral to life of the town, which supported all the school's activities and events. The only problem for employees was low pay.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyable Educational Environment
Instructor/ Math Lab Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSOctober 1, 2018
SCCC was a great place to work at because they were constantly trying to improve in order to better student success. It was a great learning community, with a very diverse student population that was supported by ruralocal community.
Pros
SCCC was the leader in the community of diverse relations
Cons
Change is slow within the rural community.
college driving school
Driver qualification requirements (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJuly 22, 2018
Helped me attain the required CDL course and CDL license. Good people, great instructors. Class was early morning to mid afternoon. I had to drive 145 miles to get there but well worth it.
Great JUCO College
Event Attendant (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJuly 11, 2018
Excellent college for Baseball. Great start to getting your degree. Inexpensive with helpful teachers, coaches and staff. Many plans to choose from.
Work Comp Issue
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJuly 9, 2018
I took my photography students on a field trip. During that trip, I injured my hand, and needed stitches in the ER. Working with the college on the Work comp application was an absolute nightmare. The HR Director at the time was impossible to work with.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Clicky Locals
Fun environment and great people.
Athletic Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSMay 24, 2018
My over all experience there was fun and laid back but still well managed. What I learned in my time there how to budget bills and how to properly answer phones and take messages. The hardest part was how I wasn't used to meeting new people but I quickly adapted to the friendly environment.
It had great people to work with
Student ambassador (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJanuary 15, 2018
I had fun working at seward. I was a softball player so getting a job at the college was a great way for me to have a little spending money. I worked in the concessions most of the time, but I would give tours of the school and work with the athletic trainer, because that’s what I was going to school for.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Money
Great Company
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSAugust 2, 2017
Assisting students. Open communication with upper management. Flexible schedule and learnt something new daily, and I was challenged to grow as an individual.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
N/a
I worked for the school
Work Study Student ag program (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJanuary 24, 2017
they worked around my class schedule, and they paid us minimum wage. The employers were always nice and easy to work with.
Pros
Free snacks and free groceries grown at the ag department
Family friendly work environment.
Bookkeeper/Cashier Specialist (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJuly 9, 2016
This is a great place to work. The employees are like a family. If you need time off to take a child or family member to a doctors appt., you have no problem.
The work environment is pretty relaxed and the benefits are great too. Employees receive discounts on college tuition if they want to further their education. Great insurance benefits as well.
Great people to work with.
Bookkeeper/Cashier Specialist (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJune 23, 2016
This is a nice place to work. Most of the people are easy to get along with and some departments are more like family. It is easy to take time off if needed for doctors appts and family issues. The summer hours are a bit long but you are off on Fridays.
Excellent
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSMay 11, 2016
I loved everything about this job. My bosses worked with me because they knew how busy my schedule was. I gained experience in a field I never thought I would work in. Overall I loved everyone I worked with and it was a great experience.
Great Education and boost to work place skills.
Corrosion Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Liberal, KSSeptember 7, 2015
Great Corrosion Technology Program that addresses all aspects of corrosion occupations.. Seward County Community also incubuses the Gas Capital Rectifier School and hosts CP-1 Courses for NACE International.
Pros
No Call-Outs....
Cons
Health Care for family is very expensive
It was a privilege to participate in another individuals progression and accomplishment.
Academic & Career Advisor/Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work started at 7:45 am and ended at 4:45 pm and it was a continuous learning environment anytime you interact with various students (i.e. athletes, disabilities, traditional and non-traditional including academic achievers/presidential scholars). My administrators kept an open door and a listening ear and involved in student activities. I had a great working relationship with my colleagues (faculty, department heads, registrars office, financial aid and athletic coaches). The hardest part of the job was the paperwork for student contacts and the most enjoyable part of the job was student interaction and progression.
Pros
student achievement and vacation time
Cons
Student breaks campus would be quiet and boring.