Sewell Automotive Companies Employee Reviews

Sewell is a Wonderful Place to Work
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
The people who work there care about the customers and want to make it better any way they can. They strive each and every day to make it a better experience.
Pros
free lunches on the weekends, good people to work with
Cons
strict guidelines, no overtime, promised reviews and raises that never come
Disconnected
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 23, 2018
As the company grows, I find it to be more and more disconnected from the associates. There seems to be a greater focus put on the General Manager as some sort of demi-god and we're all just lucky to be there. Constant talks of "don't live beyond your means", followed up by pay cuts, have become commonplace. I feel like this once great company is perhaps losing its way.
Managers are absolutely terrible
Car Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lexus Fort WorthMay 24, 2018
I worked here for 4 years and had goals set to move up within the company. I was hired by old managers but on my first day on the job they had replaced both managers and hired new ones. Those managers were absolutely horrible and treated the little people with disrespect. I was hired to be a service valet but the new managers decided that I wasn’t cut to do that position so they threw me down in the car wash. I washed cars for 4 years straight and never moved up or was treated with respect. The managers and GMs don’t care about the car wash people at all because you’re not making them the money. I wasted 4 years of my life working for a company that doesn’t care about the employees. You could wash 20 cars in a row and stop to drink some water and they would come down and threaten to write you up for not working.
Benefits
Cons
Managers, hot days, long hours
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative and Porter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2018
I loved working there, the people, the environment, the atmosphere there is truly amazing. Everyone treats each other as if they were their own family member.
Great experience!
ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Loved my time with Sewell. They really put their money where their mouth is. Great pay, and training. Sewell really cares about the customer experience and building lasting relationships.

Cons- Long hours, repetitive work.
Pros
Pay, training, coworkers!
Cons
Expensive benifits and work life balance.
Wonderful place to work and learn key sales traits!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2018
At Sewell you have the ability to join a team, all on board with the same basic tenants of customer service. The pay is above average, and it is your choice to work more to earn more. They have made great changes to address work/life balance, and I would now say Sewell offers great opportunities for advancement. For me, Sewell is the only place to work in Texas. They have been around for more than 100 years, and that means everything. They have learned, and they have grown. Excellent company!
Pros
Learn from the best, continued education, freedom and great incentives!
Cons
Long hours for some, stressful for some, it gets hot in Texas!
Anywhere else but here
Wash Crew (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 6, 2018
I still work here as car wash and it’s a load. Barely have enough works to last though the day only 4 people through out the whole day. And management wants us to wash over 300 cars
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours and not enough works and managm
Family type atmosphere with ample opportunity
Audi Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2017
Sewell is a very competitive company with a guiding hand at your back always pushing you to do your best. Managers are always there to help if work seems too stressful, as well as your fellow associates around you. Sewell is the Ritz Carlton when it comes to Automotive dealerships.
Pros
Demo vehicle with paid gas and insurance
Lucrative but long hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
Sewell is a great company to work for. The people you work with are fantastic but there is not much of a work life balance. If you like cars this is for you.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Commission based
Lack of Gray
None (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2017
Phenomenon facilities, however look around at the people. You will struggle to find anyone over 35. Too bad their staff doesn't represent their clientele.
Pros
Beautiful Facilities
Cons
No 'seasoned' staff.
okay i guess
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2017
all is good need to work on moving people up in the job they deserve limiting your talents just for a piece of paper listen to the employees more and all
Great company, but it is the car business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2017
Sewell is a great family company. Great atmosphere, great people, great culture. Worked in sales at Sewell and it is straight commission. Work 5 days a week, with Saturday being one of them. My off day was Thursday, however I didn't take it at the end of the month and if I was behind in sales. That is the car business though. You can make a lot of money but you work a lot of hours and have very little work/life balance. Had a demo to drive.
Pros
Environment, car
Cons
Hours, work Saturday, customers backing out
Great culture
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
Great place to work and has tremdous benefits....if not careful you may forget it's actually a series of car dealerships....tremendous culture demonstrated each and every day
Pros
Benefits ......employee friendly
Cons
Hours
Sewell toyota
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 16, 2017
Good company, focused on selling cars. Great employees that really care about their customers. I would recommend to anyone looking for a new vehicle in the future.
Pros
Flexible hours for lower wage jobs
Cons
Long Hours
Great culture and pay
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2016
Sewell is an excellent place to work to gain corporate training, sales and service experience, or build a long-term career. The pay is extremely competitive, the management is transparent and trains you well, and the fast-pace environment of sales and service is challenging, but fun.

Working on Saturdays is by far the hardest part of the job, but the company takes good care of you and you will feel appreciated when you have performed your job well.

I would definitely go back to work there under the right circumstances. Having a family with small children and two working partners/spouses is very difficult at Sewell, but doable if you are willing to spend money on after-hours child care and be away from you family in the evenings and on weekends. You will be well-compensated for the sacrifice.
Pros
pay, training, management
Cons
work/life balance
Professional
Service Porter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2016
Very professional and service oriented company. Great benefits. Decent work schedule. Company shows appreciation of employees. Not much advancement opportunity
Very high standards dealership with great benefits
Parts Inventory Specialist and Parts Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make customers happy. This includes both customers, and technicians, keeping everyone happy is the main part of the job and its very important to any parts counterman working here. The parts department is the support of the dealership, and everyone is proud to serve the associates and the customers, because satisfaction matters the most!!
Pros
Great environment, great people, more than enough benefits and employee events
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2016
If you are going to sell cars, do everything you can to work here. Great culture, great management, great people.
I worked here for two years and it was a great place to work, I always felt supported and like the management wanted me to succeed. The company has great benefits and takes care of their employees.
Dishonest managers, makes dishonest salespeople
Parts (Former Employee) –  Infiniti Fort WorthFebruary 14, 2016
Their are many people at this dealership that i will miss, no one in management is on that list. I worked at a few of their stores, and the same negative things came up at both about the management team, especially the GM, he is unprofessional and rude. The make you feel like your not important to them until they need you to do something they don't want to do. The last reviewer was correct, they will be very nice to you for the first couple of weeks, then they will call you or text you and ask where you are at because they are too last to come down and see that you are doing your job at your desk. There are so many other great dealerships with way better classes of people to work with. Skip this one and move on so your don't end up wasting your time.
Pros
free food = no lunch break, yeah they buy your lunch and expect you to work through lunch while they sit in there offices eating
Cons
management doesn't care about the people, just the numbers
Great People, Great Pay, Work 6 Days a Week
Finance and Insurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: free car, gas, and insurance. Good pay, lots of free meals, fun environmentCons: not the best healthcare plan, work weekends and most holidays, not a ton of upward mobility
Sewell is great. They treat you well, they pay you well, they give you a free car, free gas and free insurance. You are given the training tools you need to succeed and if you are a go-getter it is hard to fail in this environment. The downside is that you work nights, weekends, and holidays. Taking you day-off during the week is frowned upon. For a young single person it's awesome making over $100k but when it's time to start a family you realize that time is worth more than money.
Pros
free car, gas, and insurance. Good pay, lots of free meals, fun environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sewell Automotive Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Sewell Automotive Companies Reviews by Location