SGC Power Employee Reviews

Awesome company to work with
PV Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJuly 2, 2018
I work as a PV engineer and I have had the best work experience and working around really good people made it even more exciting and enjoyable ever since I joined. This place has thought me a lot of great things and I have made the right choice choosing to work for SGC. The management is very helpful and has a lot expertise in their particular field.SGC has a strong leadership focused towards growth of organization.
Pros
Awesome workspace, Benefits
Unique and upcoming start-up company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDOctober 19, 2016
The company has a conceptually great idea as an owner's representative for larger clients in the solar PV industry. The strategic, business, and PR side is their strength. However, there's momentum lost among the co-owners bringing these concepts to life and delivering it on the projects. One co-owner serves as a specific function or department; there's a need to improve interface among them. (operations, engineering, site acquisition, and business development).

There wasn't a strong reception to "how are you going to get there?". The group/company has high aspirations, but showed ad hoc practices and territorial behavior from my perspective.

Note: I was from outside the solar industry. Different viewpoints.

If you specifically hire someone for those reasons, walk the walk. I'm sure it was a lesson learned on both sides.
Pros
Telecommute, Cool-looking office, approachable CEO
Cons
limited benefits, no 401k, leadership disconnection
Official response from SGC Power
June 11, 2018

Thank you for the candid feedback. We haven't used this platform much so our reply is a tad delayed.

As a small company, we are constantly evolving to stay ahead of the curve which sometimes translates into the perception of lost momentum. We've grown a lot over the last 18 months (since this comment was posted) and have added a simple IRA, health benefits, and all of the other "big company" benefits.

We are constantly learning and adapting at SGC Power. Growth and success are always fraught with risks. After 6 years, we are stronger and more focused than ever.

-SGC Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGC Power. Our community is ready to answer.

SGC Power Reviews by Location