SGM Engineering Employee Review

View all SGM Engineering reviews

Overall Nice Environment and Coworkers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2017
Everybody who works here is very nice and you will make good friends, but management is not always as honest as they should be. They also kind of over work some of their engineers.

Other SGM Engineering Employee Reviews

Interviewed, received verbal offer and email confirmation, offer rescinded
Plumbing Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 19, 2017
interviewed with CEO and 2 managers only 2 days after submitting application. Normal interview going over my previous experience. CEO emphasized honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness. Was contacted over the phone 3 days later and offered the position (was also asked on the phone to quit my current job), received an email same day to confirm phone discussion in writing, ending with "Once you have confirmed the above is acceptable, we will move forward with presenting you with a formal offer letter." After 1 week of no response (now less than a week before proposed start date), I email back inquiring about the offer. Received "At this time we are still interviewing potential candidates and are not making any formal offers." So unprofessional, completely negates his discussion on "honesty and integrity"
Pros
Possibility of getting PE License under managers
Cons
Unprofessional, poor 401k contribution plan was discussed
Good small company culture but lowest pay averages
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Co-workers are excellent to deal with, can't speak highly enough of everyone who worked there. Everyone was very knowledgeable and always happy to help with any questions or to review work. That being said after drawings passed review, the designer is the first one thrown under the bus for errors and change-orders resulting in high turnover with the company.

Not much of a learning experience with little development if at all.
Pros
Free lunches and breakfast every once in a while
Cons
Overtime is essentially mandatory for bonuses, no overtime pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGM Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

SGM Engineering Reviews by Location