sgsco Employee Reviews

The Waukesha plant has a high turnover rate!
Engraver (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 9, 2019
Worst place I ever worked. Training is horrible . The 12 hour shifts suck. The way they schedule the shifts ends up in their favor. You work weekends and they don’t have to pay overtime. Week 1 Work Monday and Tuesday, off Wednesday and Thursday, work Friday,Saturday and Sunday . Week 2 work, off Monday and Tuesday work Wednesday and Thursday off Friday,Saturday and Sunday. Night shift is harder to work those hours. 5:00pm- 5:00am. The pay is horrible for what you do. The chemicals in the factory are dangerous “ hexavalent chromium “ do your homework on that one. Should be paid more money for dealing with that. The Waukesha plant has such a high turnover rate they have to higher people right out of prison.”no joke” The management there is not very professional.
Pros
Vacation time 3 weeks after one year.
Cons
Hours, pay, coworkers, management and chemicals
Technology challenges.
Senior SharePoint Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 6, 2019
They had a tendancy to spend a lot of money on technology they wouldn't use, that was a bit discouraging. But met some life long friends here in my time at SGS, nice to work for them.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Open concept work environment was horrible.
Amazing Teammates
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 26, 2018
I work with a fantastic group of people, who work hard and most importantly work together. The work is interesting, there's lots of room to speak up and management listens to your ideas. Be ready for lots of change, but to me, it's exciting and needed to keep up with what's happening in the industry.
If you Kiss butt this is a perfect job for you!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  PeoriaDecember 23, 2018
Sgs has little to write home about. Management sucks and its all about favoritism. They give advancement opportunities to those who show up and DO nothing but talk all day. Would highly recommend moving along and not wasting your time applying.
Cons
Favoritism, management
Good job if you are telepathic
Prepress Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 28, 2018
Was promised training and a mentor but that didn't happen. Then spent 10 weeks stumbling around with little direction - a LOT of time spent trying to find things to do and asking for work.
Beware
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VA 23150November 27, 2018
SGS was once a company that people would give their left arm to work at SGS, that is no longer the case. SGS is all about shareholder profits, not about servicing their customer base or looking out for their employees.
Don't be fooled by what they say
Shipping freight coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 4, 2018
This company had lied to me every step of the way from how long they work (12 hour shift but it's really 11.5) and since I had no one on my shift to follow me on the other side of the week I was forced into working 5pm to 1:30, so I got my 40 hours which was nice, but management was really bad the boss I delt with would always be full of himself and would have (metaphoric) bull spewing from his mouth. I got a text one morning about cylinders I launched into production way ahead of schedule. This boss berated me and told me that I should not be doing this, he later sent out an email about all the rules about how it should be done. the boss that I dealt with would rather email you and tell you how to do something rather than talk to you face to face and bring up any issues that they have face to face. They don't hand out raises and will make you do more work then you're supposed to.
Pros
Pay
Not professional
Artist (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Very unprofessional, unprofessional environment, little skillful people, just not a place for growth, not a place for a future, not a reliable place as a company.
Productive work place
copper plater (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 9, 2018
Learned a lot about the printing industry and as a copper plater I learned how to work with different kinds of chemicals. Working there for 23 years I hoped to have retired from there.
poor management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYSeptember 4, 2018
the first few months were great. the reasons i left MCC were in place. Then they took offices away and then micro managed me to death. I am sure it is under new management now and much better.
Understandable Work/life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2018
SGS has a very minimal management oversight which limits your opportunity fir advancement. The work/life balance is very understandable but do not follow the procedures they set into place.
Poor Management / Lack of Job Security
Sales (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 17, 2018
The management was extremely poor. They were always "yes people" and never said no. Rarely ever took up for their employees. No career advancement or raises. Very negative environment to work in.
Pros
Pto
Nice place to work.
On Site Account Director- Stonyfield Farm (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHMay 14, 2018
Management is supportive considering it is remote and a mutli-national corporation. You get back what you put in. All employees are fun and hard-working.
Pros
Respect, if you earn it.
Cons
None really
Deadlines every hour on the hour.
INVOICING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 30, 2018
- Able to keep production moving smoothly
- Enough work for 10+ employees in the invoicing department alone
- Some workers got special treatment
- Clean environment
I enjoyed working in a professional environment.
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 16, 2018
After working in small shop it was quite a change in terms of conduct. I enjoyed it. My career in printing needed to evolve and I need to challenge my skills. I have a better understanding of the industry now.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Cons
getting let go after SGSCO restructering of coarse
Worst management i have ever encountered in 30 years
Employee (Former Employee) –  st louis moApril 11, 2018
Low pay.. No raises. Constantly changing mgmt. Short staffed. Cutthroat employees. No advancement opportunities and if there are there is no change in your rate of pay. Slow to approve time off so you don't know if you can go on vacation or not. They have lost about 12 people in 60 days.
Pros
getting off work
Cons
everything else
Company excels within its niche.
Proofreader & Quality Check (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2018
A typical day for me, was to inspect every word on every assignment put across my desk. Myself with my tasks, just a small part of a talented, highly-skilled group working a high-volume of digital files for packaging and labels. This would have been my 'forever employer'. But for business reasons, the position I held was eliminated. The company is focused on acquiring a collective of businesses to increase the global profile as envisioned by the leadership. This is quite an exciting & growing company.
Great people to work with
Lead Color Retoucher / Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2018
Fantastic work environment. I work with some of the nicest people who are very talented in what they do. Management at my location is is hands down the best in the business, however according to glassdoor it's not the same in other locations.
Very low moral and NOT a smooth running company
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2018
My job title is collections. During the day, because of how messed up our systems are, I typically research all day and help fix invoice issues. I have close to 200 accounts and barely get to collect on them because of how many issues we have. No on is on the same page. It’s a very stressful environment and all we ever hear is COLLECT, COLLECT, COLLECT! We’ve voiced our opinions and issues over and over with no results. Do not apply here. You will be searching for a new job quickly. We can’t even keep part time people or our interns because there is no training and they’re very overwhelmed.
Solid Company
Account Manager/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 2, 2018
Great people! Experienced! The management id open minded. Latest technology. global vision portends well for the future. Not afraid to pay well for the right person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at sgsco. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9