Shady Grove Fertility
60Average

Shady Grove Fertility Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA41 reviews
Enjoyed working for them
The staff was enjoyable to work for, the pay was great. I loved my weekend hours. The front desk staff was very patient with training me. If we didn't have to move I would have stayed.
Growth without thought
I’ve been an employee for over a decade. Every job has its good and bad days. This company has managed to hire the most narcissistic, ego hungry people they could for Managment. No one listens or cares about family/life balance. Promises are broken and roles are changed often. Management appears to want only puppets as their employees rather than educated professionals. The smiles are fake and so are the people in Managment. The founders of the company seem genuine but don’t have a clue what is happening. If you want to be overworked and under appreciated go ahead and get a job here!
They extend good intentions upon interviewing however once you are acclimated to your position they practice is less than accepting.
SG is/was nice to work for in the beginning however once they started to grow outside the US, they became more demanding and critical of their employees. They berated the older employees and caused them to quit. During critical changes in the practice they didn't give adequate training which caused stress to everyone involved. They have large clicks, and if you are part of the click your job is more secure.
Growing & Changing
The company is changing. There used to be a small office feel even though the company has been very big for a while. Because of the fast pace of growth the small office family feel has been lost. Policies and Procedures are quickly changing and information isn't always relayed.
They're good and bad on every job but dealing with HR and billing Management, I would say please think long and hard about your future and the job.
Great co-workers. HR thinks they are god, always ready to fire a person at will. They fail to work with employees and management to resolve issues. They take the words of management because they are good friends.

The employees stating it's a great place to work probably good friends. This company is nothing but a revolving door with the hiring and firing.

Billing Management the worse. They act as if they are gods; Co

-workers afraid to talk. The ones that enjoy working there are the ones that have been working there for years and friends with management or kissing up to save their jobs. If you take the job you will regret it. Unless you enjoy being miserable.
Pros
Benefits, good co-workers and great doctors to work with (some)
Cons
HR and management are worse. They will turn on you without any good explanation
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
N/a
I prefer to not make any comments at this time. I miss my job and the patients at Shady Grove Fertility center immensely. I did not leave of my own accord.
Pros
Very nice hourly salary, bonuses twice yearly
Cons
Commute, long hours (10-14 our days), must work holidays and during inclement weather, weekend folks typically have no paid benefits
Great place for work experience
As a PSR you are constantly on your toes. Very high call volume and lovely patients. You will learn a great amount about office duties and tasks that will help you grow professionally.
N/a
Good hours , large work load and you learn a lot of new things . Also helping a lot of woman through there fertility process. No run for growth or advancement.
Great team; difficult to meet job expectation
The immediate team was exceptional, however, the expectation versus the workload was unrealistic. Not enough hours to complete the expected job function. You were expected to complete a specific daily "check list", but other departments that directly affected your work flow, ignored the practice policy in order to meet their own goals.
Great benefits and immediate managers were very supportive. Not enough compensation for what is expected from staff.
Pros
Great benefits, team was supportive, tele-commuting privileges
Cons
bonuses were a joke, not enough supporting staff to accommodate the company growth
Medical Records Management
The main issue is with the supervisor in the medical records dept. Constant scolding/meetings/warnings/write ups for minor mistakes. However, if a mistake was made by the supervisor and it was caught, there is little to no acknowledgment. Supervisor demonstrates a poor demeanor towards team if they are annoyed such as slamming papers, bad attitude, and minimal verbal communication.
Nobody is expected to be best friends within the workplace, but there should be at least a mutual level of respect within the team. This includes being able to effectively communicate with each other without letting emotions get the best of you and coming off as always being angry.
staff was toxic
I enjoyed working with the patients and the doctors. However, the staff could be toxic and very two faced. I would not recommend working there. The management didn't correct the internal issues with staff.
Great place to work!
Although an ever growing company, the culture remains to seem like a large family. Working for a great place where what you do can really make a difference in someones life is a great feeling that makes you want to come to work everyday!
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers, Culture, Pto
Long term, happy employee
I have been with Shady Grove Fertility for over 10 years. This place has provided me amazing career opportunities! They are very supportive in continuing education and advancing your career. Lots of opportunities to advance or change departments. They offer a fantastic benefits package for full time employees. The culture feels like family and a very positive work environment. It is a very busy practice, so people do work hard!
Great place to learn alot of new things
I learned alot at shady Grove about fertility. I was able to assist in alot of procedures and get to know patients going on their fertility journey. Great co workers. Supervisor could be alot better.
Room for growth, Monday through Friday positions, great environment, opportunity to work remotely dependent on length of time working with the company, Bonus dependent on employee review, tuition reimbursement, several offices to work for Shady Grove Fertility
Pros
Room for growth, Monday - Friday, work remotely, high morale, teamwork, HR involved with staff, Bonus
Cons
Work Holidays and Weekends dependent on coverage and assignment
I never want to leave
Shady Grove is a great place to work for. There are many opportunities for growth. I don't plan on ever leaving Shady Grove. They have been an excellent employer
From "Stellar " to fired...
I noticed that managers are in a hurry to have the employee sign the separation paper, instead of having a conversation and figure things out.
From a "stellar" employee , as my manager told me maybe 2 months ago, I came back from my vacation and I was fired because of a mistake with a specimen.

After being told that I am doing stellar, my manager never approached me in regards to my performance, but I was told that day by another manager that came in to deliver the final day speech, that he had many conversations with me. I asked him when and he wasn't able to give a concise answer.

Because they were in a hurry to finish the paperwork, at that moment I didn't realized that actually I did that mistake because their andrologist technician missed to include the final step of specimen processing in the cheat sheet that she printed out for me. I was worried that this mistake can happen again and I emailed my manager back and asked him to check that paper and add the missing step, but he never got back with me ...

Another two issues were presented to me, and were sent by email while I was in vacation... looks like I complained to somebody about the job that I was doing , and it wasn't true because I actually asked to work more days in that department. Second,:I noticed that the manager is not worried about employees safety when it comes to patients who are verbally violent against an employee. You are expected to perform the procedure and risk being hurt . You are not allowed to ask a colleague to take over for you. After 20 years in medical field, I was taught that
 - more...
Pros
Nice environment
Part time weekends only.Fit well with school schedule
Worked Saturday, Sunday and holidays. No advancement for part time work. Patients were so nice. Enjoyed learning skills needed for the job. Environment could be better
Preparing patients for surgery, completing surgery, Preparing to go home. Each staff member is committed to the company. Each staff member pitches in to assist each other.
great place to work
great place to work, great management, great staff and work life balance. Also busy and fast paced. Had an over all great experience with the company and would recommend it.
Excellent team
Very supportive culture with strong shared work ethic and dedication to patients that we served. Excellent management, training, and guidance provided throughout.
Cons
Low salary, especially for area and expectations
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shady Grove Fertility. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight